Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Lays Down the HAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    He says he is shooting a low % but this year is his 2nd highest FG% in 12 years!

Kobe you lose credibility!

Talking about recently play.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    Uhh whats their record with him going into shot jacking mode ...if he was playing with a group of scrubs I wouldn't say shit, but when u have the guys he has, who are use to getting touches their entire careers, then he needs to adjust his game, settle the hell down and try passing more......26 FGA per game the last three games is retarded.
    It does seem like Kobe is part of the problem.

26 points on 32 shots...he has a lot of games like that. Anyone, scrubs alike, can get 20 points on 32+ shots...

Very good NBA starter

Uhh whats their record with him going into shot jacking mode ...if he was playing with a group of scrubs I wouldn't say shit, but when u have the guys he has, who are use to getting touches their entire careers, then he needs to adjust his game, settle the hell down and try passing more......26 FGA per game the last three games is retarded.
    I'm speaking more to the fact that everyone ignores all the other things he said about Pau and Nash just turns it into a typical bash Kobe thread. And that stat that the Lakers have a losing record when he scores 30 or more points is bogus because the team as a whole has a lot larger issues, but keep ignoring that and central in on Kobe's shooting

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    Fire D'Antoni, let Kobe take over as player/coach.

CoachBe
    Lol that's already the case.. Kobe's already the coach.. and they're losing..

Made that high school varsity squad

soooo for the first 2 months of the season when kobe was shooting 30/5/5 on 48/49% shooting he was the problem..

Can kobe pass more? absolutely. But riddle me this, if Steve freakin Nash can't get you the ball, clearly something is wrong with you Dwight.

Now a Cavs fan again

Kobe's been struggling recently, but the team was still pathetic when he was tearing it up before.

This is on D'Antoni and anyone who suggests otherwise knows nothing. It was at this buffoon's advice that Pau Gasol, 7-foot former 19/9/4 championship level #2 option renowned for his masterful post game, started camping out at the 3-pt line hoisting up threes.

Only when he came to LA did Dwight Howard go from 21/15 consensus top 3 player to a glorified role player getting 5 FGA/game several nights.

This lunatic of a head coach has what is at worst the second most stacked team in the league, a roster full of stars who would easily, easily thrive in a half court setting if you ran post-ups and pick and rolls non stop. Instead he insists on post players jacking up threes and continuous chucking, leading to easy transition points for the opposition because your slow players cannot get back on defense after long misses.

A sane coach realizes the the gifts he has to work with on this Lakers team and plays a style suited to their strengths. The insane Mike D'Antoni thinks benching a star talent and replacing him in the starting lineup with a scrub for the simple reason because he "spreads the floor better" will lead to W's.

Fire this fool already! He sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Kobe's been struggling recently, but the team was still pathetic when he was tearing it up before.

This is on D'Antoni and anyone who suggests otherwise knows nothing. It was at this buffoon's advice that Pau Gasol, 7-foot former 19/9/4 championship level #2 option renowned for his masterful post game, started camping out at the 3-pt line hoisting up threes.

Only when he came to LA did Dwight Howard go from 21/15 consensus top 3 player to a glorified role player getting 5 FGA/game several nights.

This lunatic of a head coach has what is at worst the second most stacked team in the league, a roster full of stars who would easily, easily thrive in a half court setting if you ran post-ups and pick and rolls non stop. Instead he insists on post players jacking up threes and continuous chucking, leading to easy transition points because your slow players cannot get back on defense.

A sane coach realizes the the gifts he has to work with on this Lakers team and plays a style suited to their strengths. The insane Mike D'Antoni thinks benching a star talent and replacing him in the starting lineup with a scrub for the simple reason because he "spreads the floor" better will lead to W's.

Yeah but the Lakers sucked even before D'Antoni so the argument that he is the source of the problem is irrelevant. In fact, the Lakers still suck. It's just that they don't suck like they did before.

Their biggest mishap has been defensively. Giving up 100 points (or damn well close to) to a Bulls team without Deng and Rose is......absurd.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I'm speaking more to the fact that everyone ignores all the other things he said about Pau and Nash just turns it into a typical bash Kobe thread. And that stat that the Lakers have a losing record when he scores 30 or more points is bogus because the team as a whole has a lot larger issues, but keep ignoring that and central in on Kobe's shooting
    Not talking about when he scores 30, talking about when he shoots 20+ times. Include defense, they have just been piss poor all of them...including him.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash

This lunatic of a head coach has what is at worst the second most stacked team in the league, a roster full of stars who would easily, easily thrive in a half court setting if you ran post-ups and pick and rolls non stop. Instead he insists on post players jacking up threes and continuous chucking, leading to easy transition points for the opposition because your slow players cannot get back on defense after long misses.

A sane coach realizes the the gifts he has to work with on this Lakers team and plays a style suited to their strengths. The insane Mike D'Antoni thinks benching a star talent and replacing him in the starting lineup with a scrub for the simple reason because he "spreads the floor better" will lead to W's.

lol you really shouldn't talk about people knowing nothing and then talk up Pau's post game acting like he's the same player, but i swear people who don't seem to watch the Lakers much keep saying this nonsense of how great he is inside

KoMe:"I've tried to go out of my way to get him the ball," Bryant told Y! Sports. "Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned.

Yeah let's blame Howard for turning trying to compete for a board....hey Kobe!!! Shooting 26 shots per game the last three games may have something to do with that
    Wow, Kobe actually said that?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Future ISH Moderator
    It is unavoidable

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Wow, Kobe actually said that?
    Yahoo Sports interview:

On the issue of Howard's belief that the ball simply doesn't go through him enough on offense, Bryant rejected the premise.
    "I've tried to go out of my way to get him the ball," Bryant told Y! Sports. "Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned. I'm trying to think about getting him the ball a lot

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    Fire D'Antoni, let Kobe take over as player/coach.

CoachBe
    Agreed. Im sure he can do better than this clown

Very good NBA starter

Not talking about when he scores 30, talking about when he shoots 20+ times. Include defense, they have just been piss poor all of them...including him.
    Well the bolded we're in agreement with. As far as the shooting 20+ times thing again it's such an arbitrary number that doesn't tell the whole story. Early in the season he was averaging 20 shots on good efficiency yet the team was still losing. Games where he shoots under 20 it could be blow outs so he doesn't play, games where he shoots over 20 could be blowouts but the coach keeps him in the game for some stupid reason. If he takes 30 wide open shots than so be it, and that goes for anyone else on the team. I'd love to see Dwight hoist up 20 shots a game, but the reason he doesn't is completely on Dwight.