Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kobe Lays Down the HAMMER

We need to go back to basics," Bryant said. "We need to put guys in positions to do what they do best. We need to strip it down. Steve is best in pick-and-roll. Pau is best in the post. I'm best from the free-throw line extended down. Let's go back to basics.

"We've got to evaluate what's going on. Management is looking at it. The players are looking at it. I'm looking at myself. I'm a shooting a low percentage right now, and I've got to look at that. It's on me to make shots, but I'm having to make tough shots, getting the ball 30 feet from the basket and [expletive] like that.

"Listen, no one is more critical of their game, of how they're playing, than I am. And right now, I've got to shoot at a higher percentage, have to play better. "
    But no D'Antoni, you clueless fool. Keep telling the team to run and gun with a starting lineup that has 4 guys in their mid 30's and up, Pau to keep dancing around the perimeter, Artest to keep throwing up shots in the paint before Dwight can even get position, and the general idea that no one should play a lick of D

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ko...101830224.html

Local High School Star

Default Re: Kobe Lays Down the HAMMER

Fire D'Antoni, let Kobe take over as player/coach.

CoachBe

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I like dolphins
    Last edited by SilkkTheShocker; 01-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    But no D'Antoni, you clueless fool. Keep telling the team to run and gun with a starting lineup that has 4 guys in their mid 30's and up, Pau to keep dancing around the perimeter, Artest to keep throwing up shots in the paint before Dwight can even get position, and the general idea that no one should play a lick of D

@ this clown ignoring the part about Kobe shooting like garbage. I guess it's D'Antoni's fault that Bryant can't hit a shot.

Hey whats your guys favorite flavor Pop Tart?

Kobe's reactions:

Teammates playing like crap due to the system
    Kobe himself playing like crap due to the system

It's funny cause it's true

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    @ this clown ignoring the part about Kobe shooting like garbage. I guess it's D'Antoni's fault that Bryant can't hit a shot.
    KoMe:"I've tried to go out of my way to get him the ball," Bryant told Y! Sports. "Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned.

Yeah let's blame Howard for turning trying to compete for a board....hey Kobe!!! Shooting 26 shots per game the last three games may have something to do with that

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I like dolphins
    I LIKE TORTLES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar

Future ISH Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer

He says he is shooting a low % but this year is his 2nd highest FG% in 12 years!

Kobe you lose credibility!

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

The problem with kobe unlike many superstars today thinks he is above the team.When he starts to miss,his thought process just makes him take more shots.I mean look at the last couple of games.I like watching lakers but it makes me cringe everytime he shoots the real problem is not the amont of shots he take but since others dont participate in offense enough they dont defend.
    Look at howard its sad really lakers has nash and howard on the same team and gasol.Their shot total most of the time is behind kobe.I dont care if he shoots good.Most dont understand something unlike many teams lakers team doesnt have a role player.When a star starter gets reduced to a role player we see what happens.

I am sure if they had someone who can shoot the long ball and defend and give you 10ppg every night instead of kobe they would be better then they are right now.

NBA Superstar

its not D Antoni's fault Dwight is a primadonna that comes to play when he feels like it. same with Pau. 2 of the biggest wishy washy big men in the league. Kobe should've taken more blame for trying to take over and shooting them out of it, but he gets a pass for most of his games this season where he's been playing the smartest/best bball of his career. hard to blame Nash since he's doing what he can despite his physcially challenged self, but he has a tendency to just throw away passes or trap himself which is unacceptable. i mean every player deserves blame more than D Antoni to me, and once you all get this double low post of Pau/Dwight its just going to be Mike Brown offense again where teams just collapse and crowd with no lanes and Lakers are living and dying by jumpers and ft's. Pau being down low is not the solution to anything its like a temporary cure for one good game, then he has 3 bad ones where he's soft and missing short J's.

Very good NBA starter

I love how this thread quickly turns into a Kobe is the problem and shoots too much thread. ISH being reasonable as always.

The most important thing that happened in this thread is that I saw a post by Knoe Itawl for the first time in several years.

Have you been around this whole time and I just haven't noticed?

And, yes, what Kobe said,

Steve is best in pick-and-roll. Pau is best in the post. I'm best from the free-throw line extended down.
    Is true. Especially about himself. I have no idea why he ever takes a shot outside the free-throw line extended. I never see him miss those, doesn't matter who's draped over him, and they're usually shot in rhythm.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I love how this thread quickly turns into a Kobe is the problem and shoots too much thread. ISH being reasonable as always.
    Uhh whats their record with him going into shot jacking mode ...if he was playing with a group of scrubs I wouldn't say shit, but when u have the guys he has, who are use to getting touches their entire careers, then he needs to adjust his game, settle the hell down and try passing more......26 FGA per game the last three games is retarded.