Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How Come Nobody Cried Out Loud When LeBron Averaged 10.3 FTA/Game in Two Seasons?

I remember people complaining about Lebron's superstar calls all the time. But you cant say he wasnt constantly attacking the basket.
    Last edited by navy; 03-16-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Default Re: How Come Nobody Cried Out Loud When LeBron Averaged 10.3 FTA/Game in Two Seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I saw that post, Milbuck. You just deleted it

[COLOR="White"]James Harden[/COLOR]

Because Lebron gets his points by attacking the basket. The problem with Durant's 10FTA per game is that he's a jump shooter.

I don't know why Haters keep bringing it up... aren't you the same guys that say Bron only dunks/layups, "lives at the basket" ? Well guess what, a 6.8 270 freight train living at the basket may tend to get some calls

It's only understandable for those Guys to average more FTA than perimeter Jump shooters... Guess where most Fouls occur, at the Basket or on Jump shots? Just asking you know.

OP still doesn't get it's not the Volume of FTA, but HOW they are being called... that's the ridiculous thing with the Durefula.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I don't know why Haters keep bringing it up... aren't you the same guys that say Bron only dunks/layups, "lives at the basket" ? Well guess what, a 6.8 270 freight train living at the basket may tend to get some calls

It's only understandable for those Guys to average more FTA than perimeter Jump shooters... Guess where most Fouls occur, at the Basket or on Jump shots? Just asking you know.

OP still doesn't get it's not the Volume of FTA, but HOW they are being called... that's the ridiculous thing with the Durefula.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Whereas Durant, Kobe, and Harden has never averaged that much in any of their seasons of their career?

Is it because the above three are able to capitalize on them that makes people feel uncomfortable about them earning points at the line?

Can somebody explain?
    Harden averaged 10.2 free throws last year while 1/3 of his shots were 3 point attempts. I don't think there's been another player in recent history that has gotten as much ref love as Harden. Durant averaged 10.2 back in 2010. I think a 0.1 difference is neglible. Lebron definitely got his calls back in Cleveland as well and refs constantly turned a blind eye to his traveling. People will say Lebron was always attacking the rim and all but during the time he was averaging the most free throws in his career he was still launching five threes a game just like Durant is now.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I remember people complaining about Lebron's superstar calls all the time. But you cant say he wasnt constantly attacking the basket.
    This. People were crying out loud, I'd say it would be closer to the end of "everybody" than "nobody". If you were to go back to some old Cavs game threads and count the complaints for touch fouls and missed travel calls in LeBron's favor, I'm sure you'd be overwhelmed. But I can't say I'm surprised, people see and hear what they want to.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Agreed. Let's stop talking about that role player and future Beijing Duck, and focus on the thread topic.

Why do you think nobody mentions Lebron's high FTA totals?

Oh lawd. The jan 2014 king killin it again

College star

Because many Heat fans are hypocritical in nature, as evidenced by my exchange with NumberSix where he admitted that his partial and biased when I inquired why he had so much to say about KD's free throws, but never once complained about Wade when he received the most outrageous touch fouls, particularly in the 2006 Finals.

That's why I don't pay them much mind when they circle jerk off their whining about KD. His questionable calls are no more sus than Bron or Wade's superstar treatment with the refs for several seasons. And, despite his free throws, he is still the best scorer and a top 2 shooter in the NBA. And has been shooting at or close to a 50% clip for 2-3 seasons now.

Great player. To me, Bron is still the best overall. But KD was undoubtedly better this season.

I'm ok with LeBron's freethrow attempts because his usually come from attacking the basket. Same thing with Harden. Sure, they both sell the contact. You're taught to do that. The thing I don't like with KD's fta is that they're away from the basket and the fouls just don't look legit.

LeBron did get his due, I was one of those who criticized how many he got. You don't see me complaining anymore since KD has been getting his for a long time

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I'm ok with LeBron's freethrow attempts because his usually come from attacking the basket. Same thing with Harden. Sure, they both sell the contact. You're taught to do that. The thing I don't like with KD's fta is that they're away from the basket and the fouls just don't look legit.
    Harden's immense flopping negates this premise that his fouls are acceptable because he drives to the basket.

one of the seasons lebron had ten free throw attempts plus, he had more points/shots/shot attempts in the paint than prime dwight howard. while durant this season currently has around two hundred less.

Good college starter

I've always admitted that Lebron got superstar calls while he was in Cleveland. I've noticed that refs tend to go easy on superstars that have to carry a large offensive burden on their own. Difference with Durant is that he still gets a large number of superstar calls despite playing with another legit superstar.

The truth is, average Lebron fans simply are not as knowledgeable as other NBA fans. The majority either floated over on a raft from Cuba recently, or are teenage ESPN fanboys still living with their parents

Another reason is that Lebron had hardly any pre-collusion fans, thus nobody noticed what he was doing at that time