Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Default What do NBA players eat for breakfast?

My wife doesn't like it when I eat cereal. She says I need to eat a more wholesome breakfast. So lately I've been eating eggs and bread.

What do NBA players eat, considering they are elite athletes? Shakes? Pancakes?

Default Re: What do NBA players eat for breakfast?

As an example, here's Steve Nash's diet:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=91414362951

Here's how my day usually looks.

Breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day.... along with lunch and dinner. I feel if your diet is consistent and well balanced (think long term rather than short term) it isn't so important what you eat right before you play or the night before because your energy levels and recovery will be on target from the quality of your previous three to seven days of meals.

-Gluten and wheat free cereal, sliced almonds and almond or rice milk. (If you don't have the sensitivities I have look for a high fiber cereal. At least 4 grams of fiber.)
    I will also have a whole fruit smoothie or an apple, banana or orange.
    Green tea.

Lunch. A salad with grilled chicken or fish, vegetables, raw nuts and dried fruit.
    I will also have fruit afterwards.

Dinner. Grilled or baked fish or chicken with vegetables. Sometimes I'll have brown rice.
    And I think quite a few NBA players (especially stars) have their own chefs.
    Last edited by brantonli; 04-12-2012 at 06:13 AM.

pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs. Fruit smoothie. I imagine

I usually hit open layups MavAlbert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being
    My wife doesn't like it when I eat cereal. She says I need to eat a more wholesome breakfast. So lately I've been eating eggs and bread.

yeah, elite athletes have shakes and pancakes for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being

it will always amaze me how can anyone eat eggs for breakfast, really. here in spain you either have some cereal, cookies or maybe some slices of bread with olive oil, and some fruit... something like that.

I know futbol players eat fruit and cereals for breakfast

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodap
    it will always amaze me how can anyone eat eggs for breakfast
    Really? I didn't know that. Eggs for breakfast is a huge American tradition.

It gives you a good amount of proteins in the morning.

Btw, do you guys not eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, too? Just wondering if Spaniards do. Because from what I understand, the French don't eat PBandJ sandwiches.

it will always amaze me how can anyone eat eggs for breakfast, really. here in spain you either have some cereal, cookies or maybe some slices of bread with olive oil, and some fruit... something like that.

Tortilla? Or is that for lunch? I've visited Spain often and Tortilla with bread for breakfast is good!

I recently saw a vid of what Kyle Korver eats for breakfast.. I'm at work, so I can't go search for it, but I believe it's this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfwrOIWFuEE

If that's the vid I'm referring to, his chef fixes him avocado, bacon.. crazy stuff in there. A lot to eat for breakfast. More like a dinner salad really.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Eggs are delicious in the morning.

Yeah, Korver and Noah's chefs have several videos up. Fresh fish is good for meals but ya, can't really afford 13 dollar a pounds fish for everyone every night ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Yeah, Korver and Noah's chefs have several videos up. Fresh fish is good for meals but ya, can't really afford 13 dollar a pounds fish for everyone every night ya know?
    That's 1, but also I most (or all) of us don't have personal chefs that can take 30 minutes to 1 hour to cook a good meal. ok, it's not that hard to bake or grill fish, but often cooking takes preparation (and specific grocery shopping) etc.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    That's 1, but also I most (or all) of us don't have personal chefs that can take 30 minutes to 1 hour to cook a good meal. ok, it's not that hard to bake or grill fish, but often cooking takes preparation (and specific grocery shopping) etc.
    Whats wrong with frozen fish? Thats cheap and healthy. Dont have to be a chef lol.

I came back from vacation weighing 170 pounds which is to much for me.

I decided to eat fish for dinner everyday cerial for breakfast and just did a snack for lunch.

Lost 20 pounds in a month.

(Of course I play basketball and was running ontop of that)

And as i type this im thinking I should get back to working on a better diet again lol. im 160 wish isnt bad about 5'9 I look good with a shirt on I look like im built lol but if i take my shirt off my stomach isnt in the best of shape. not bad but the **** do people keep their stomach in line? lol never had a good stomach.

pvssy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    the French don't eat PBandJ sandwiches.
    french people dont even have regular sliced bread, they just have baggettes instead

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    Whats wrong with frozen fish? Thats cheap and healthy. Dont have to be a chef lol.
    Frozen fish? Nothing wrong with it, but I don't like it much. When food is frozen it always taste a bit differently, either to dry or to wett-ish. I like my food fresh (except for frozen fruit in shakes and stuff). Cooking isn't an issue, finding the time is, eventhough baking some fish doesn't take much time. Money's not an issue as well, you can get several kinds of fish for cheap.

I came back from vacation weighing 170 pounds which is to much for me.

I decided to eat fish for dinner everyday cerial for breakfast and just did a snack for lunch.

Lost 20 pounds in a month.

(Of course I play basketball and was running ontop of that)

And as i type this im thinking I should get back to working on a better diet again lol. im 160 wish isnt bad about 5'9 I look good with a shirt on I look like im built lol but if i take my shirt off my stomach isnt in the best of shape. not bad but the **** do people keep their stomach in line? lol never had a good stomach.
    Damn, that's some personal stuff Who cares bout having a good looking body, as long as you feel fit and strong and don't look too sloppy. Exercise and eat good. Maybe you got some old fat, that's not easy to train off.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    french people dont even have regular sliced bread, they just have baggettes instead
    peanut butter isn't popular in europe.