Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Paul Pierce on Wade

This @paulpierce34 thing is wrong on many obvious levels but what I find most troublesome is this idea of a man trying to diminish another man that looks like him, was raised like him, in order to shine a tad brighter. Shit isnt entertaining, it's sad. ❤ & ��good people
    - Gabrielle Union

I hate NBA wives, it really ain’t that deep

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Crazy how Pierce had no problem beating up a Bron Cavs team with Mo Williams as the 2nd in charge, but when Bron evened the playing field.....sheeeeeeeit

Also lol at dude saying Pierce sonned Bron in 2010....13.5ppg on 34% shooting? Than again, Kobe fan, ineffiecency is a positive to them?

Shut. it. down.

[QUOTE=SpaceJam]- Gabrielle Union

I hate NBA wives, it really ain

do you ever take a second to look in the mirror and realize both your mom and dad failed so miserably hard?

D Wade was SIMPLY on another level than Pierce!!! GOAT wise and peak-prime wise! When it comes to great scoring, passing, defending, and freak athletic ability as a package, MJ, Bron, Mamba, and Wade is the MT. RUSHMORE for perimeter players! That's what level D Wade is on!! GOAT wise, a top 4 SG ever. Peak-prime wise, top 3 SG ever!!

When it comes to Pierce, he's a top 10 GOAT SF. But peak-prime wise, i'm NOT SURE Pierce is a top 10 SF of all time. U got Bron, Bird, KD, G Hill, Doc, Baylor, Barry, Hondo, King, and Nique off the top of my head. I consider T Mac a SG. But some consider him a SF. And NO WAY IN HELL was Pierce better than T Mac either. All these guys were more dominant players. So I would rank Pierce top 12 at best peak-prime wise among SF's.

But Pierce's mark will be having a top 5 scoring skillset ever at the SF. I'll give him that. And from there, not really having any weaknesses in his game. Just wasn't as dominant as the other guys I named! But he simply wasn't on D Wade's level!

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    1)KG was losing in the first round because he had below average teams and playing in the West. Put him in the East during those years and he gets pass the first round a couple times.

Even without the championship, KG would have gone down as a top 20-25 player. The ring helped him when it comes to being compared to guys like Barkley and Malone, but he was always a tier one star.

Pierce benefited more from the ring. He was always a tier two guy and was on a path towards irrelevance till Garnett showed up. He wasn't even seen as good as Vince Carter for a good portion of his prime.

As for Wade, yes he has 2006, but that is about it. His prime was very short and if LeBron doesn't man up and ball out in 2012 and 2013, no one would be saying Wade is "3rd greatest shooting guard".
    The argument isn't about whether Garnett or Pierce is the greater player or tier of talent, or who benefited more from the ring. That's not a debate. Garnett may or may not have had a little more success in the east, but surrounded by similarly mediocre talent isn't getting him past the Pistons of the early/mid 2000s. It's not getting him past the Wade/Shaq Heat. Garnett needed a pair of closers on the only teams he enjoyed success with, the 2004 Wolves with Spreweell and Cassell and those Celtics squads with Pierce and Allen. He was a transcendent 'swiss army' knife talent with GOAT caliber team defensive quarterbacking. He wasn't the type you could ride offensively through an entire playoff run because he wasn't that kind of scorer. If he was say, as potent on offense as Dirk was, with those defensive gifts and well.....that's an entirely different animal. All that to say, sticking Garnett in the east with average players maybe gets him to the second round, versus being a first round casualty most years out west. He's not considered any more or less a winner making it one extra round so again, the legacy of being a winner wouldn't have been there regardless. His reputation as one in the grand totality of his career started in Boston....ditto for Pierce once that team formed( and Ray for that matter).

The thing is, Wade 'only' having 2006 is enough on its own when you factor in that he had several other HOF level seasons. Again, Tmac didn't have the longest prime either. In fact, the bulk of his reputation was built off the 2003 season. He was never nearly that good again, yes due to injury, but that's how the ball bounces. Tmac was a star from 2001 to 2008 in terms of being considered elite, without anything to show for it but a bunch of first round losses( and I loved Tmac at his apex, but that's the truth of his career). I use him as a gauge only to show you what the HOF standard is in basketball. Wade on the strength of 2006, and everything surrounding that year up to when Lebron joined.....eclipsed anything Tmac did. His 2009 season was better on both sides than the season Tmac's rep is mostly built on, a singularly spectacular 2003 campaign. Wade was elite from his second season through 2012, with a 'tail end' prime year in 13 but that's when the injuries really started affecting him. Worse players were in the hall for doing less and finally, Wade winning sidekick rings with Lebron isn't what jumpstarted discussions about his ranking in the shooting guard hierarchy. Those conversations were already well underway before he won with Lebron. His PERSONAL legacy didn't get a big boast from sidekick titles. Hell, you have people here, admittedly morons, who give Wade shit for taking a secondary role to Lebron and trivializing his contributions. Again, moronic and very few things said on ISH should carry any real world weight but still, generally speaking Lebron garnered the lions share of credit for the back to back titles. Wade doesn't get the due he deserves for both his contributions and sacrifices towards those championships.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 04-06-2019 at 03:25 PM.

[QUOTE=SpaceJam]- Gabrielle Union

I hate NBA wives, it really ain

This clown thinks he's better than everyone.

I don't even like that arrogant cheeseball, Wade, but he had the better prime AND peak. Pierce had better longevity. Arguably. And that's really it.