Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bird >>> Mullin Arguments

So it has been a while since anyone has been able to give me viable evidence for Larry or Chris.

Just wandering if any of the new posters or old timers have any arguments for this?

I mean damn Mullin half cut off of larger was putting up 27/6/5, imagine if he was sober and had Birds team and structure, he'd have had maybe 5 straight MVPs

Default Re: Bird >>> Mullin Arguments

i sure hope your thread takes off otherwise you're gonna feel pretty darn stupid about that avy & title there, feller.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    i sure hope your thread takes off otherwise you're gonna feel pretty darn stupid about that avy & title there, feller.
    So what you mean is you have no argument like everyone else?

The only thing Bird has on him is that he is white.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    So it has been a while since anyone has been able to give me viable evidence for Larry or Chris.

Just wandering if any of the new posters or old timers have any arguments for this?

I mean damn Mullin half cut off of larger was putting up 27/6/5, imagine if he was sober and had Birds team and structure, he'd have had maybe 5 straight MVPs
    Having better teammates not necessarily makes you a better player, or jacking up your stats.

Your "better" teammates can take away some of your rebounds and assists, maybe playing minutes also.

"Better teammates" could win you some more games, but not increasing your average by default.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    Having better teammates not necessarily makes you a better player, or jacking up your stats.

Your "better" teammates can take away some of your rebounds and assists, maybe playing minutes also.

"Better teammates" could win you some more games, but not increasing your average by default.
    Bird had players who could get the ball into him, create their own shots and make the ones Bird would feed to them. He had better rebounders which meant they could take away the giants in the paint leaving Bird to get Westbrook rebounds.

Mully had zero help. His best teammates were like Chris Gatland and Jalen Rose, if he had DJ, Parish, McHale he'd have had Birds legacy.

Remember that game when Bird starting shooting with his left? Loads of players have attested he was jealous at the attention Chris was getting as the greatest shooter the game ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    The only thing Bird has on him is that he is white.
    Underrated comment

Bird made it to five finals and was outscored by his OWN teammate in 3 of them so it's tough to rank him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Bird made it to five finals and was outscored by his OWN teammate in 3 of them so it's tough to rank him.
    Yeah, considering that Bird has the same number of championships as Lebron, I do have a hard time deciding who to rank higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Yeah, considering that Bird has the same number of championships as Lebron, I do have a hard time deciding who to rank higher.
    Damn, I'd hate to see where Wilt's ranked then

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    Bird had players who could get the ball into him, create their own shots and make the ones Bird would feed to them. He had better rebounders which meant they could take away the giants in the paint leaving Bird to get Westbrook rebounds.

Mully had zero help. His best teammates were like Chris Gatland and Jalen Rose, if he had DJ, Parish, McHale he'd have had Birds legacy.

Remember that game when Bird starting shooting with his left? Loads of players have attested he was jealous at the attention Chris was getting as the greatest shooter the game ever saw.
    Probably you are the few that saying, Bird's teammates (Parish, McHale) were making Bird's job easier and making him a better player, a player with better stats.

Don't need to say Bird led the team in scoring and assists
    Bird led the team in rebounds, more than Parish, more than McHale
    Bird led the team in steals, more than the guard Dennis Johnson

If you want to say Bird's teammates jacked up his stats and made him better... be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    I thought people said you were a high IQ poster. Have I been lied to this whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Damn, I'd hate to see where Wilt's ranked then
    Top 50

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    Probably you are the few that saying, Bird's teammates (Parish, McHale) were making Bird's job easier and making him a better player, a player with better stats.

Don't need to say Bird led the team in scoring and assists
    Bird led the team in rebounds, more than Parish, more than McHale
    Bird led the team in steals, more than the guard Dennis Johnson

If you want to say Bird's teammates jacked up his stats and made him better... be my guest.
    So you're saying having them hurt him

Don't be foolish, having great players with you opens up the game. Bird was a known POS, wouldn't be surprised if he talked down to the black players and made sure he got his first.

When the best player you ever played with was the bucked tooth bastard Jalen Rose your job is obviously more difficult, and dispute that Mullins outplayed Bird everytime they laced up against one another