Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Tony "DURANT STOPPER" Allen

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Dunno about that but i love to see Tony Allen play D because he is one of those guys whos main job is strictly to defend, essentially. He can therefore afford to exhert his entire effort there more than anybody and even if he fouls out he feels like he has done his job, this allows him to play the most pesky 1on1 perimeter defense out there, very bothersome for anybody.
    This very well may be pauk's least cringe-worthy post.

Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Nope it's Diaw
    Diaw did a good job, but it was mainly the Spurs interior defence that shut off the lanes. Also note that Diaw got torched for like 16 points in the 4th qtr of game 6 once Lebron finally released some testosterone into his circulation.

Butler, on the other hand, is sometimes left on an island against LeBron but has the lateral quickness and strength to keep up with him. Not denying that Noah and the others help close off lanes, but I've never seen a guy iso defend LeBron like he does. LeBron consistently shoots poor against the Bulls nowadays (unlike the Luol 'fake Lebron stopper' Deng who always got torced for 30).

Butler = true Lebron stopper

Complete Player

My post from 3 years ago. Lebron wised up. Durant is still an idiot.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=113

I've been saying the last 2 years there's no reason for a player of that size with that kind of athleticism and speed not to have a post game. When those driving lanes are cut off and your shot isn't falling it's just another weapon to go to in your arsenal. It's rare that something bad comes out of a good post game. It's a high percentage shot. It's a matchup nightmare when you have a smaller player guarding you. It forces the defense to react and double which opens up passing lanes and shooters. Anything is better than sitting on the perimeter looking like an idiot with a midget guarding you.

The same can be said for Kevin Durant. He has all the length in the world and a great shooting touch. He could kill with even an average post game. Who's going to block a jumphook from him with those long arms? Instead he's either getting denied the ball on the perimeter by good defenders, shooting 30 foot shots at the end of games or forced to watch Westbrook take over down the stretch. It's just retarded. He and Lebron need to wise the f*** up.
    The same shit in bold happened last night. Tony Allen once again played great ball denial defense and Durant had to stand around flat-footed while Westbrook took long jumpers. If he doesn't come back with some kind of consistent post game in his arsenal next year (especially if they lose once again) he's an idiot.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    My post from 3 years ago. Lebron wised up. Durant is still an idiot.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=113

The same shit in bold happened last night. Tony Allen once again played great ball denial defense and Durant had to stand around flat-footed while Westbrook took long jumpers. If he doesn't come back with some kind of consistent post game in his arsenal next year (especially if they lose once again) he's an idiot.
    Lol this is stupid as shit. Durant played great down the stretch of the game, but the difference is LeBron doesn't have to fight off ball to get open all game, he just brings the ball up. Surprised Brooks isn't doing the same with KD instead of making him fight to get open.

Some people are overreacting so much. Grizzlies are a far better team when fully healthy than many of you people are giving them credit for. This isn't the Eastern Conference where the Thunder could sleepwalk to the finals if in Miami's position.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Diaw did a good job, but it was mainly the Spurs interior defence that shut off the lanes. Also note that Diaw got torched for like 16 points in the 4th qtr of game 6 once Lebron finally released some testosterone into his circulation.

Butler, on the other hand, is sometimes left on an island against LeBron but has the lateral quickness and strength to keep up with him. Not denying that Noah and the others help close off lanes, but I've never seen a guy iso defend LeBron like he does. LeBron consistently shoots poor against the Bulls nowadays (unlike the Luol 'fake Lebron stopper' Deng who always got torced for 30).

8-2

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes

I mean Butler does a great job against LeBron, absolutely no doubt. But Diaw did it in the finals which is a stage with a lot of visibility.

If Diaw and Butler end up on the same team against him, LeBron might just retire

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I mean Butler does a great job against LeBron, absolutely no doubt. But Diaw did it in the finals which is a stage with a lot of visibility.

If Diaw and Butler end up on the same team against him, LeBron might just retire
    Diaw?

No one on the Spurs guarded LeBron for the ENTIRE series. Sure there was a player in front of him at times. But they weren't trying to guard him. The Spurs gave LeBron WIDE open jumpers, with ample amounts of space all the way through even the decisive game 7. That's not defending him, that's flat out disrespect.

Butler actually guards LeBron and gives him fits.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

10/27
    0/8 3pters

That defense

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    That defense
    So beautiful. Reminds me of Kobe DA GAWD Bryant

Tony "PLAYOFFS" Allen

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Tony Allen is a mirror of what a locked in Michael Jordan is. Only slightly worse.
    Are you trying to tell me a rich man's Jordan is worse at defense than Jordan?