Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: When Will Heat Fans Realize They Made A Mistake Drafting Michael Beasley?

beas will prove his doubters wrong

Default Re: When Will Heat Fans Realize They Made A Mistake Drafting Michael Beasley?

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    beas will prove his doubters wrong

"I'ma prove my doubters wro-*CRASH*"

Dude, it's better to overreact to this sort of issue than to ignore it, assume everything will be OK, and end up having something bad happen that might have been prevented if people took it more seriously.

Decent playground baller Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime

Dude, it's better to overreact to this sort of issue than to ignore it, assume everything will be OK, and end up having something bad happen that might have been prevented if people took it more seriously.
    That is not funny.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime

Oh my ****ing god.

One of the few times on ISH a picture made me laugh out loud.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Yes, Brook Lopez would have been a nice fit on the Heat... but Mayo & Gordon both play the same position as Wade, and none of the three SG's should be manning the point.
    Do you watch basketball?

Wade plays SG, but is pretty much a PG on the court and penetrates to attack the basket which opens up the perimeter for spot shooters. Gordon & Mayo are both perimeter oriented scorers that would've fit perfectly as a 2nd option to Wade.

Wade wanted Mayo after they worked out together and did some drills and realized that their games complimented each other.

I dont see what compliment an Al Harrington clone like Beasley does for Wade?

Once again, hes not strong enough nor has the desire to bang in the post at PF although he has the size at 6'9 and he doesn't have the speed or lateral athletic ability to play SF. Hes a tweener Forward that relies on his mid range shot exclusively.

They missed out on Brook Lopez but other than that made the right pick. Lopez wasn't that great in college though so it's understandable.

Dunking on everybody in the park 206kid's Avatar

This thread makes me want to cry, DAMN i wish we had the number 1 pick and got Derrick Rose...

A back court of Rose and Wade...damn

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 206kid
    This thread makes me want to cry, DAMN i wish we had the number 1 pick and got Derrick Rose...

A back court of Rose and Wade...damn
    Beasley is going to make that backcourt of Rose and Wade happen.

Its just not going to be in Miami.

Decent college freshman

Why would they have taken Gordon and Mayo considering that both of them are SG's, same position as Wade btw. Lopez is going to be very good but I dont think his career will be better than Beasley's. Anthony Randolph.... Are you joking, which idiot would have taken him with the number 2 pick.
    I think that Beasley was still the right choice and will be a very good complement to Wade, keeping in mind that he didn't get all that much playing time last year and was the only player from your list who was playing for a playoff team therefore didn't get the freedom from the coach like the others did.
    Wade is amazing but does dominate the ball a lot, playing next to him when your fellow draftees are already 'the man' on their respective teams would have been tough. I remember the game Wade sat out against the Celtics in Boston and Beasley was clearly the man on the team and they made it to OT and Beasley played like a stud.

I've heard Beasley called chucker and bust.

Now can someone tell me how 47% FG and 40% 3PT is chucking, and furthermore, can someone find me a list of other rookies in the league that scored as efficiently and effectively as Beasley did per minute while playing over 25 minutes a game, dating back to 1980?

Miami would have been perfectly fine running a backcourt duo of OJ Mayo and Wade.

Beasley's problem isn't that he's a bad player, he's just the definition of a tweener and his skills didn't translate from college where he was a great rebounder and skilled enough to take on the SF's. He's not a great rebounder and isn't skilled enough at NBA level.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Miami would have been perfectly fine running a backcourt duo of OJ Mayo and Wade.

Beasley's problem isn't that he's a bad player, he's just the definition of a tweener and his skills didn't translate from college where he was a great rebounder and skilled enough to take on the SF's. He's not a great rebounder and isn't skilled enough at NBA level.
    ?

His first step is better than 90% of the SF's in the league. He was cruising by everyone last season, just needed help finishing at the ring when help stepped across at the basket.

Be real here. Who were the Heat supposed to take?

Half of the first 14 picks were guards and there was another pick (Gallinari) who is basically a shooting guard in a small forward body.

Kevin Love was getting a lot of hate from everybody for his size and unability to jump high ([homer]although I knew he would be a nice player[/homer])

Jason Thompson and Anthony Randolph were seen as big REACHES in the first round and Joe Alexander looks like trash...basically James White with a light complection.

They missed on Brook Lopez because everybody was saying he had horrible defense.

It's easy to look back and hate on picks a year and a half later...

why live??

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack
    That is not funny.

The guy in the blue shirt thinks its funny.

To all the haters.... enjoy the 2010 lottery... again.