Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default LeBron James and his people reject baker

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/0...ct-bakers.html

The morning after the New Year’s Eve party that Miami Heat star LeBron James threw for his birthday and engagement felt worse than a hangover for Boca Raton baker Alethea Hickman.

The mom-and-pop cake maker was asked by officials at the Shelborne South Beach, where the party was held, to make a five-tier cake for The King’s 27th two days before the shindig.

In frantic all-caps emails, hotel marketing coordinator Samantha Rosen promised publicity for Hickman’s Passion for Pastry. In exchange, the Shelborne would receive the $3,000 cake as a freebie. Managing principal Jared Galbut called it “sponsorship.”

So Hickman designed a Heat-red cake with edible gold dust and an edible crown on top.

But when she went online early on New Year’s Day, the photos tweeted worldwide were those of an ivory-colored rum cake with gold lion’s heads from Miami’s Divine Delicacies.

“I don’t even know where my cake went,” Hickman said. “I was mortified. They had me do it in the middle of the holiday crush and I hired additional people. Someone needs to pay.”

Galbut said James’ people decided Hickman’s work wasn’t fit for the king: “It just wasn’t what was expected. When LeBron’s people saw it, they just didn’t want to use it and decided to bring their own cake. I can’t tell LeBron James what birthday cake to eat. It’s LeBron James, for Christ’s sake.”

As for how much Galbut would pay Hickman if he were asked, he just said: “That cake couldn’t be worth more than $600. It’s flour, eggs and water.”

This won't go over well...
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 01-04-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Senstive people

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James rejects his $3,000 birthday cake at south beach party; Baker upset

Fix your title.

"LeBron James’ people reject baker’s birthday cake at South Beach party"

Not LeBron himself.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James rejects his $3,000 birthday cake at south beach party; Baker upset

Her fault for making shitty cakes.....

Banned

When you capitalized the B in baker, I thought of Vin Baker at first.

He should pay the full price, at least it's a whole cake, not 3 quarters of one.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    He should pay the full price, at least it's a whole cake, not 3 quarters of one.
    Lawl

[QUOTE=TheAesirsFinest]Fix your title.

"LeBron James

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    LeBron haters have selective reading.

OP is a dumb piece of shit.
    I'm not a hater. You don't even know me.

If you look at the link (I got it from the yahoo one), it says "LeBron rejects his $3000 birthday cake".

Clown.

Pic of the cake:

Decent college freshman

I thought it was gonna be a pic of Lebron slapping the sh!t out of a cake at the rim or something

Well the cake would have matched his uglyass outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I'm not a hater. You don't even know me.

If you look at the link (I got it from the yahoo one), it says "LeBron rejects his $3000 birthday cake".

Clown.
    Nobody cares that a millionaire didn't eat a birthday cake that his people arranged for him to both get and then reject.

Edit: Ooops wrong cake.
    Last edited by gyu; 01-04-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Pic of the cake:
    ugly cake