f*ck 2006

f*ck 2012

worst titles ever

Default Re: Peaks - Kobe Bryant vs. Dwyane Wade

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the level kobe was on from 2001 still going as of 2012 and going into 2013

wade reached it... for about a week and a half back in 2006

thats wade in a nutshell

he aint kobe... he like tmac/vince and many others showed signs of greatness... but their peak lasted about as long as the time it takes to invade a country and take out their dictator
    griff - hit up this religion thread:

http://espn.go.com/nba/forum#!/topic/1345335499-497-367

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i think kobe could be argued as one of the greatest playmakers of all time. not just scorers or defenders
    No, he can't. He was a ball dominant SG without a true pass-first PG basically his entire career. Despite that, his career best in APG is 6.0, and his career best in the playoffs is 6.1. In fact, that's the one category I can say with confidence peak Wade has the advantage in over peak Kobe. Wade has averaged 6.2 APG for his career and has two seasons of averaging 7+ APG.

So, no, Kobe isn't even in the same atmosphere as the greatest playmakers of all-time, but good try.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Easy, Dwyane Wade.

All we have to do is look at the 2006 Finals. The biggest stage in basketball. With his team trailing 0-2 in Game 3 with a 13 point deficit with roughly 6 minutes left in the game the Heat were looking at an inevitable sweep. Then it happened....

Wade took over the ****ing game.....and the ****ing series. He averaged over 40 PPG in Games 3-6 of that series and carried his team harder than any player ever has. On the biggest stage of basketball. That Heat team was one of the weakest title teams of the new century(probably the weakest actually), but because of Wade they got the same accomplishment all those other teams got, a title and it counts just as much. Kobe has never taken over a Finals series the way Wade has.

Hell Kobe has never won as the underdog in the playoffs EVER. He only wins when he has stacked teams that are the favorite. Wade was a huge underdog in 2006 and again in 2012 when he won his titles. The difference between these two players is that Kobe rides cocks to titles, while Wade IS the ****.
    One word, chief...REFS.

Everyone outside a Heat homer knows the refs went to town for the Heat

Saw a basketball once Lebronn23's Avatar

No disrespect to Wade, love the guy but Kobe is way above his level.

Easy, Dwyane Wade.

All we have to do is look at the 2006 Finals. The biggest stage in basketball. With his team trailing 0-2 in Game 3 with a 13 point deficit with roughly 6 minutes left in the game the Heat were looking at an inevitable sweep. Then it happened....

Wade took over the ****ing game.....and the ****ing series. He averaged over 40 PPG in Games 3-6 of that series and carried his team harder than any player ever has. On the biggest stage of basketball. That Heat team was one of the weakest title teams of the new century(probably the weakest actually), but because of Wade they got the same accomplishment all those other teams got, a title and it counts just as much. Kobe has never taken over a Finals series the way Wade has.

Hell Kobe has never won as the underdog in the playoffs EVER. He only wins when he has stacked teams that are the favorite. Wade was a huge underdog in 2006 and again in 2012 when he won his titles. The difference between these two players is that Kobe rides cocks to titles, while Wade IS the ****.
    Wade rode refs and LeBron to titles, bruh

Banned

Kobe dominated Finals series with a far inferior cast averaging over 40 PPG?

Tell me more. Don't worry i'll wait for the stats and box scores of these games. I look forward to them. This is the Finals, I could give two shits about regular season games vs the Toronto Raptors.

dude... wade dominated a finals with 20 of his 35 points per game coming from the free throw line

it was the worst officiating ive ever seen in my life

i dont even count wades ring as official

I think some of you are missing the point of the thread. This is about each player at their peak. Whether it's their best 2-3 seasons or absolute best season. When you chip away everything else, and just put those 1-3 seasons of each player under a microscope, then I think it's much closer than a lot of people realize or want to admit. I still give the edge to Kobe, but I also think 2009 Wade is about as good as any single season version of Kobe.

Obviously, in terms of career, Kobe is on a different level than Wade.

Not airballing my layups anymore BruceLeeBowen's Avatar

Kobe easily.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

This just brings back bad memories of Refs stealing a ring from Dirk.

Banned

Note: Donaghy says nothing about the 2006 Finals, but specifically mentions the 2002 Kings-Lakers series as fixed.

In reality Kobe has 5 "titles". 1 of them was admitted as fixed by an NBA Ref, 2 titles from a prime Shaq. the most unstoppable force in the history of basketball. So he has the same amount as Wade once this is factored in. One as the best player and one as the 2nd best. Gasol was the best player against the Celtics in 2010. Wades Finals performances were also infinity better. Kobe only wins on stacked casts.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Note: Donaghy says nothing about the 2006 Finals, but specifically mentions the 2002 Kings-Lakers series as fixed.

In reality Kobe has 5 "titles". 1 of them was admitted as fixed by an NBA Ref, 2 titles from a prime Shaq. the most unstoppable force in the history of basketball. So he has the same amount as Wade once this is factored in. One as the best player and one as the 2nd best. Gasol was the best player against the Celtics in 2010. Wades Finals performances were also infinity better. Kobe only wins on stacked casts.
    Wade only wins on the help of refs & LeBron.

Kobe couldn't beat the Pistons with Shaq, a year later they would've win but Wase got injured, then two years later they did and won the title. Dwyane wade is more unselfish and efficient.

Nice try, Wade wasn't even the best player on his 2nd title

the fvck outta here, son

I'm not a fan of either, but peak Wade is better. His peak was just shorter.