Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Big mistake for Kerr by not calling timeout after LBJ missed his first FT?

LeBron wouldn't have had a quick followup shot that allowed him to get "warmed up" to shooting a free throw AND with all of the time in between shots that would have happened, there's a strong chance he chokes and misses the second FT from pressure.

That might have derailed LBJ for the rest of his career, mentally.

Default Re: How big of a mistake Kerr make by not calling timeout after LBJ missed his first FT?

Wouldn't have mattered.

Default Re: How big of a mistake Kerr make by not calling timeout after LBJ missed his first FT?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    Wouldn't have mattered.
    Not entirely sure that's true.

Default Re: Big mistake for Kerr by not calling timeout after LBJ missed his first FT?

I could be wrong but I think they only had 2 left and if they used one there and he made the FT, they'd be down 2 possessions with 10 seconds left with 1 timeout. Which is near impossible.

If they had THREE timeouts, then yeah you got nothing to lose burning one to try to make him think a bit, but I don't think Le2ndGOAT chokes from the line anymore. He's not a great FT shooter but that doesn't mean he "choked" any time he misses. 8-10 from the line including a huge 4-5 in 4Q.

It was mental how that single second free throw was basically gonna define his legacy.

He was hurt right before that, no need for extra recovery.

I always wondered if he played it up so he had an excuse if he choked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    I always wondered if he played it up so he had an excuse if he choked.
    Of course he did. He was fine.

LB is my favorite player in the league and he's clearly the world's best but it's obvious that 1) he's not particularly mentally tough and doesn't thrive in pressure and 2) he greatly exaggerates contact and straight up flops sometimes.

He was fine. To go from acting that hurt to nothing minutes later... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

LB is my favorite player in the league and he's clearly the world's best but it's obvious that 1) he's not particularly mentally tough and doesn't thrive in pressure and 2) he greatly exaggerates contact and straight up flops sometimes.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the adrenaline of winning a championship while pulling off the biggest upset in Finals history.
    You can speculate all you'd like, but the FACT of the matter is Lebron hit the game sealing free throw with a likely broken wrist.

It happens, though. The very first moment some injuries feel as if they're very severe and 5 minutes laters you just mildly feel them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    You can speculate all you'd like, but the FACT of the matter is Lebron hit the game sealing free throw with a likely broken wrist.
    That's some warriorfan level bullshit.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

You just don't understand how adrenaline works because you've never been a winner, and you never will, just like your parents.

Good college starter

Wouldnt have mattered. Warriors were gonna choke