Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Because of this dumb 'no depth' talk for GSW, take away their top 4 guys...

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    I would agree, Parker just doesn't have much of a positive impact anymore. I say my Lakers pick deserves serious consideration . Plenty of contending teams would take that bench in a heartbeat.
    yup, actually a good bench.

Default Re: Because of this dumb 'no depth' talk for GSW, take away their top 4 guys...

Depth equates towards the middle-end of the bench as well. If players get injured, starters or bench players you need players in the middle to end of the bench to step up. Right now their best middle bench guy is David West and he was a shell of his former self in San Antonio last season compared to Indiana. Pachulia will probably fill in well, but he was awful in the playoffs when he was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Depth equates towards the middle-end of the bench as well. If players get injured, starters or bench players you need players in the middle to end of the bench to step up. Right now their best middle bench guy is David West and he was a shell of his former self in San Antonio last season compared to Indiana. Pachulia will probably fill in well, but he was awful in the playoffs when he was needed.
    under your definition, middle bench guys are utterly useless.. hardly no title teams play more than 8 guys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

The notion that a team bringing Iggy/Liv off the bench is going to have a weak bench is stupid.

They are two of the best bench players in the league.

And the Warriors aren't done yet. They can add players throughout the year if they really need to.

Not to mention that McAdoo is hardly some inept player that will be incapable of playing and growing throughout the year.

In a perfect world they need to add a bit of a spark plug type pg like Barbosa. But, I mean, are we just going to make a big deal out of this stuff until this team is literally the definition of perfect?

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    5th - Igoudala
    6th - Livingston
    7th - Pachulia

Which team has a better 5-7?
    Utah.

5th - Alec Burks
    6th - Joe Johnson
    7th- Boris Diaw

And that's just the first three guys off the bench. If the 5th guy is actually their worst starter (like Zaza is for GSW), that would have to be George Hill for the Jazz.
    Last edited by CakeorDeath; 07-08-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    Utah.

5th - Alec Burks
    6th - Joe Johnson
    7th- Boris Diaw
    I'd still take Golden State easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    under your definition, middle bench guys are utterly useless.. hardly no title teams play more than 8 guys.
    You have to allow yourself to be able to make adjustments. Cavs played more than 8 guys. Delly was okay in the playoffs, then in the Finals they benched him for Mo Williams who wasn't getting almost any minutes in the playoffs. Channging Frye was amazing in the playoffs, then they benched him and Jefferson got more minutes than he usually did.

Point is you have to have players that can step up pass the 8th or 9th spot. F*ck, even Dahntay f*ckin' Jones got some burn and came in and gave the Cavs like 5 points in 2 minutes.

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

I'd still take Golden State easily.
    Starters? Certainly. Bench? I think Utah easily.

Hill, Exum, Mack, Burks, Johnson, Lyles, Diaw > Iggy, Livingston, Zaza, West, Looney, Clark
    Last edited by CakeorDeath; 07-08-2016 at 08:22 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

You have to allow yourself to be able to make adjustments. Cavs played more than 8 guys. Delly was okay in the playoffs, then in the Finals they benched him for Mo Williams who wasn't getting almost any minutes in the playoffs. Channging Frye was amazing in the playoffs, then they benched him and Jefferson got more minutes than he usually did.

Point is you have to have players that can step up pass the 8th or 9th spot. F*ck, even Dahntay f*ckin' Jones got some burn and came in and gave the Cavs like 5 points in 2 minutes.
    I agree with this, however I think you are selling guys like West and McAdoo short.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't, in spots, do important things throughout the year and in playoff series.

And like the Cavs adding Jones a few days before the end of the season...there is a ton of time to add players to this roster.

8th - David West