Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 11:11 PM   #61
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Why the F would I talk about 2nd rounders when people were discussing what teams could give the Sixers a first round pick?

A team giving up a first round pick for Dre Miller would be retarded.

Quote:
Everyone knows the second round of the draft is a crap shoot. The first round is bad enough. Players come out that you think are going to do something and they suck in the NBA. Scouts try to recognize the 'Potential' in a player and then fall short.

Stating the obvious. Cute

Quote:
And if you can't see what Billy King's draft choices has to do with the Sixers history as it relates to the fans, then you either have a very short memory as a fan, or your as clueless as I originally said.

Mathius

Billy King didnt draft all those players. And compared to those players he picked better than anyone has.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:28 AM   #62
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Mathius' monthly BS allowance= $10

GOBB's monthly internet bill= $30

A Pete Vescey article generating 60+ posts? Priceless

Why are we even discussing Andre Milelr being shipped when it's very apparent that Webber is the goal first and foremost? I can really expect this sort of 4 way (with extras added):

Quote:
76ers trade:
Chris Webber (to DAL)

Mavericks trade:
Jerry Stackhouse (to PHI)
Austin Croshere (to PHI)

Knicks trade:
Steve Francis (to MEM)

Grizzlies trade:
Eddie Jones (to NYK)

The 76ers get Stackhouse and Croshere, two expirers who have little left in the tank. I doubt Stackhouse would get any court time behind Iggy/ Green/ Korver. Tank time.

Webber gives the Mavs a passing bigman, who gets to come to a winning situation. Being the first big off the bench shouldn't bother Webebr as long as he gets burn.

The Knicks get rid off the redundant Francis and gets an expirer in Jones, a capable reserve at shooting guard.

Memphis gets Francis who can team with Pau to form a formidable combo. Give Steve-o the driver's set and sit back and relax :rollingeyes:

The "extras" in this trade are key. The Mavs and the Grizzlies need compensation in the form of draft picks for taking on extra years on high baggage players.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:34 AM   #63
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think Webb would fit in too well with the Mavs

Or any team contending for that matter
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #64
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
A team giving up a first round pick for Dre Miller would be retarded.

You'd be retarded not to. He's putting out 13ppg, and 9 assists per game. He's only 31 at the most. (born in '76) You won't get those kind of numbers from anyone in the draft next year, and if your team is a point guard away from a contender, what do you want with a late round draft choice that may or may not pan out?

Not to mention that if Philly gave him up for a 2nd rounder, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, so it would have to be a 1st rounder.

And for the record, every single one of these stupid "trade" posts on ISH are retarded. Less than a half of a percent of them will ever happen. The only reason I took part in this one is I found it interesting that Philly's rebuilding _again_.

Quote:
Billy King didnt draft all those players. And compared to those players he picked better than anyone has.

Good for him. But unless he delivers a championship team, he's just as bad as everyone else who preceeded him.

And for the third time, if you can't see how Philly fans should be pissed that they're rebuilding again, then I can't help you.

Danny Ferry had a pretty decent first few years as GM for the Cavs, picking up Larry Hughes, Tractor Traylor, and swapping out a bunch of headache players. But look what he's done the last 2 years. Hired a **** coach, and let our only good free agent go away (Flip Murray) and replace him with a bunch of stiffs.

Oh, and have a merry Xmas everyone. Even you, GOBB. I won't, but it's no reason the rest of you should suffer.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #65
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is considered somewhat coolBlackVVaves is considered somewhat coolBlackVVaves is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by the even bigger black guy
Why do you sign your posts? It says your name on the left

the even bigger black guy

I dont know but that made me laugh for 5 straight minutes
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: