Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: What happen to carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Melo has hit his ceiling. He's a very good, but definitely not great player. It is what it is. He never posessed the athleticism to keep up with the superstar draft-mates. We should have been able to foresee it.

I questioned yesterday whether Denver would give him a max deal when he expires. The events of the beginning of this week seem to be providing an answer to that.
    FYI, Melo has a max deal at $14.5 million per year, that has four more years to go. His current PPG average is 21.6 which is higher than Pierce, Ming, Duncan, D. Howard, and P. Gasol. He is averaging 7.4 RPG which is even with P. Gasol, and higher than L. James who is averaging 7.3 RPG, and higher than Durant, Wade, and B. Wallace.

Thus, it depends upon how you choose to measure good vs. great. If it's based upon scoring and rebounding stats, then does that indicate that the players who have stats lower than his are also just good, but not great?

Serious playground baller xtn5021's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey

i'm talking about the Lays in the backround of the picture, not the weed
    I applaud you.

Melo is playing good.

His offensive numbers are down, but he's playing much better defense and team ball.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    FYI, Melo has a max deal at $14.5 million per year, that has four more years to go. His current PPG average is 21.6 which is higher than Pierce, Ming, Duncan, D. Howard, and P. Gasol. He is averaging 7.4 RPG which is even with P. Gasol, and higher than L. James who is averaging 7.3 RPG, and higher than Durant, Wade, and B. Wallace.

Thus, it depends upon how you choose to measure good vs. great. If it's based upon scoring and rebounding stats, then does that indicate that the players who have stats lower than his are also just good, but not great?
    With Melo, you get one of two things. He can either be a volume-shooting high scorer or a complimentary player. The Nuggets seem to work best with him as a complimentary player. That's great. But, you don't pay complimentary players max money.

I sympathize with Nuggets fans because they thought they were getting a player who could rival LeBron. But, they weren't. They also thought they were getting at very least the second best player in that draft. But, they weren't.

I mean, on one hand, how can you be disappointed when the third pick nets you a player who consistently averages over 20 ppg and hovers around All-Star level? But, on the other hand, the 2003 class was supposed to produce players who would lead their franchises to championships. It did. Denver just didn't select one of them.

An Icon Forever

bump

Back to Business

carmelo will still wet lebron up anyday.anytime,anyplace.i never understood the comparasions between the two anyway.its like night and day.u have one player who is a physical specimen who is more a facilitator but can score at will if need be against a person who is a one on one dynamic scorer first and only.two different beast but two great players

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    carmelo will still wet lebron up anyday.anytime,anyplace.i never understood the comparasions between the two anyway.its like night and day.u have one player who is a physical specimen who is more a facilitator but can score at will if need be against a person who is a one on one dynamic scorer first and only.two different beast but two great players
    I made this thread in 08 and I think Carmelo just got lazy. He use to be sick, but he just got fatter,slower etc...

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    I made this thread in 08 and I think Carmelo just got lazy. He use to be sick, but he just got fatter,slower etc...

fatter?slower?where is evidence of this?i feel like he just matured his game.what it be any fun to still see carmelo crossing bums up driving the lane and takin long bombs?no....he would be another jr smith.carmelo is one of very few players in the league that are unguardable with players like drose,lebron,kobe,dwight...and dwade at times if he had a more consistent jumper.but yea carmelo is still an elite player.if anybody has fallen off i would say amare would be the victim he just doesnt look the same maybe it was the shortened season but he just looked like he never got his legs under him this season.looked like a shell of himself