Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: Steve Nash says he would "listen to" the HEAT

Two words... Orlando Magic.

No other team would improve quite like they would if a competent point guard were running the offense. Period.

serious question...what is so special about winning if you have to leave your team and go join someone else's contending team??...

especially as a 2X MVP???

have some pride Nash..

Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    The Heat don't need shit. The only thing the Heat need is for LeBron to be LeBron, 100%, every minute of every game in the playoffs.
    Keep dreaming

Btw Nash is talking about next year right? Cuz the suns are in a playoff push. Id like Nash to either stay with suns or maybe go back to the mavs, or the magic

Quote Originally Posted by macpierce
    Keep dreaming
    The heat would have won last year if lebron didn't choke. I don't see how me saying they'll win if he comes through is crazy

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    serious question...what is so special about winning if you have to leave your team and go join someone else's contending team??...

have some pride Nash..
    I was beginning to question his competitiveness for staying with Phoenix. Loyalty doesn't mean jack when the owner (Staver) isn't being loyal to him by surrounding him with quality NBA players. Steve deserves one last shot at a title before he retires.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

have some pride Nash..
    look at that team? what are they doing? they seem to be content selling tickets solely on nash. basketball is a team game and management is part of that team. if they are just floundering then why stick around? in any other job don't wouldn't you prefer to work in a place that has good management?

Nash immediately gives their defense, the best part arguably of that team a huge weakness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Like I said, less talented players have gone "ring chasing," so why does he NOT deserve it? It's alright for players who joined the Celtics of the 2000s, the Rockets of the 90s, and so many other players prior, after, and between to run after their coveted championship before they hang their shorts up, but its not for a two time MVP?

A two time MVP who got utterly ****ED in his best years as a title contender, by the Spurs and Robert Horry who blatantly leveled Nash with a foul that would gotten him fined today all to incite confrontation that ultimately ended in Amare's suspension, the Suns second best player, but second in impact by no means as he was dominating that postseason?

What about the year the Suns had to fend for themselves as that same player, Amare, was out close to the entire season minus three games, the year Steve Nash turned Diaw into the MIP of the league?

Unlucky is exactly what has dampered Nash's title hopes in the past, not incompetence, not lack of effort like Lebron (as an example of a player who had all the tools but did not work hard enough when his goal was 2 wins away.)

Yes Steve Nash deserves a real chance at a ring. Yes, he does.
    Yeah but a real chance is going to a team that he won't be the 4th best damn player on. How about NY or LA or DAL or something? Pacers? Is everyone just going to join the heat? When kobes contract is up is he gonna go over there for a "real chance" at a ring? He deserves a 6th?! Cmon.

Cmon. You can't all just go to one team and keep stacking star players. Whats next, howard needs a REAL CHANCE at a ring so he goes there and they have 5 all star starters? Cmon. Its a ****in joke.

Thers a difference between say playing a game of 21 and "taking a chance" with staying on 18 (like say, joining dallas) instead of just hitting knowing theres only 1's left and getting up to 20 or 21. This is just stacking the odds and its legal sure but this should be frowned upon especially by a 2x MVP.
    Last edited by RazorBaLade; 03-29-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    fk is this? Nash would not help the Heat. he would give the Heat problems with his defense.
    If the Heat made it to the Finals with Mike Bibby, they'll win a title with Nash. No questions asked.

i'm so glad MDA is gone because i don't want Nash. I don't like the fact the team has to be a bad defensive team just because he is on the court.

Local High School Star

I can't believe anyone thinks Nash doesn't help (or indeed "give them problems")
    I'm amazed that people think that there's a dominant big man defender waiting to be signed on the cheap. The closest thing there is to that is Oden and I suspect if he wanted to join the Heat he'd take the minimum to have the Heat rehab him and then join an all-star line up with Nash, Wade, James and Bosh. I'm particularly puzzled by the notion that Nash doesn't help with his floor spacing, and his unselfishness. I think he'd be a good option late in games and could generally give the heat offense more structure. I'd also suggest that the Heat are an athletic team who could help cover any mistakes or defensive errors he might make.

There's huge overreactions anyway because this is by no means a fait acompli, and I find the moral grandstanding about ring chasing being evil or undignified, well, odd frankly, up until recently we didn't look at free agency as a moral decision.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

I'm not sure why the Heat would want Nash, unless he's willing to sign for nothing. They already have 2 stars, who like to play PG offensively. I'm sure Nash could help their offense a little bit, but a 3 point shooting, defensive minded pg is a better fit. Chalmers is good enough in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i'm so glad MDA is gone because i don't want Nash. I don't like the fact the team has to be a bad defensive team just because he is on the court.
    As if a point guard can actually effect a defense to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Two words... Orlando Magic.

No other team would improve quite like they would if a competent point guard were running the offense. Period.
    Agreed. Keep Dwight in Orlando, get Nash a ring and still keep a good amount of competitive balance in the league. I'd love to see Nash on the Magic.