Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Insane Nate Thurmond picture

Just some of the more ripped NBA players that I can remember... The Maggette picture is insane...

is that a yi picture? that guy plays like such a girl though

owwwww

Anyone know his vertical leap? Very few clips of him in his prime exist, never heard of NBA ever making an "overtime" segment on him.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Super low body fat %. The left leg is crazier than the arms. I've seen other pics of players (MJ, Gilmore, DRob) in motion where their legs/arms looked similarly shredded, but not *quite* that much. I also think the lack of color helps with that illusion since it provides higher contrast.
    what impressed me about that right shoulder is that he is boxing out with his left arm, so he isn't putting much pressure on it. the crazy david robinson pic is with him lifting Malone iirc and usually for players to look that shredded they have to be lifting something, pushing someone or grabbing really tightly to a rebound. Thurmond's right arm is just casually resting

Post some Artis Gilmore pics someone??

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Just some of the more ripped NBA players that I can remember... The Maggette picture is insane...
    Don't forget about this guy...

That was actually a much skinnier Kevin than the 40-year-old version, but I couldn't find a good one of him when he was older. He definitely has a case as the most cut player in NBA history.

Yeah. Some others include Lebron, Fisher and Dhantay Jones. Jones apparently only has 2% body fat.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Anyone know his vertical leap? Very few clips of him in his prime exist, never heard of NBA ever making an "overtime" segment on him.

what impressed me about that right shoulder is that he is boxing out with his left arm, so he isn't putting much pressure on it. the crazy david robinson pic is with him lifting Malone iirc and usually for players to look that shredded they have to be lifting something, pushing someone or grabbing really tightly to a rebound. Thurmond's right arm is just casually resting
    There's a hi-res picture of Jordan that used to be hosted on this Western Australia MJ site of him grabbing a rebound vs. Detroit circa 1990, and he's absolutely ripped. Wish I could find it, as the site has been taken down.

Just some random big guys

alonzo mourning

College star

Value Ape.

That's just crazy. I watched Nate some when I was young but I don't remember what his vert was like ... But it wasn't bad at all.

3-time NBA All-Star

Great stuff Fatal9,

Other than perhaps Mose Malone in the early 80's, I don't ever recall an opposing center outplaying Kareem over the course of a season. And Kareem was on the downside of his great career at the time.

Your take on the "Golden Age of Centers" was right on, too. They had a slew of HOFers back in the early 70's. For Kareem to post multiple 30+ppg seasons (along with near 60% shooting) against those guys is testament to his offensive prowess.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete

Just some random big guys
    The state of these two is just saddening. Rodney Rodgers, as most of us know, is now tragically a quadriplagic after an ATV accident. Anthony Mason is just a fat **** as will be soon evidenced in the upcoming Reggie Miller/Knicks 30 for 30 documentary on ESPN.

One of the first Kings games the Blazers played with Oden, the Kings people were talking about comparisons. They were saying Oden might never be the next Bill Russell or David Robinson, but probably Nate Thurmond which isn't haf bad.

Don't really know a lot about the guy, but he looks crazy strong.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yeah. Some others include Lebron, Fisher and Dhantay Jones. Jones apparently only has 2% body fat.
    i dont believe that one bit. Professional body builders can barely get to 2% for the competitions they do. Regardless, anyone who has a low body fat + lots of muscle + exercising (such as playing basketball and getting your heart rate up) will have a lot of veins showing.