Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Real Madrid Offers Darko = 3 Year $21.7 Million NBA Contract

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    The Knicks should go ahead and buy out Darko and let him go.
    And why should they do that, genius.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    and barcelona is paying guys a lot as well, just not called real madrid.
    But they are not paying the same as Real, not even close..
    And they actually win something, and will win this year .. Real not even close.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    There have been stories of teams not paying the amounts they promise, and since it's overseas you have the possiblity of trying to fight for your money while overseas. Not a good thing to do.
    Those stories are either lies or from years ago. Since about a year now there is an in place FIBA rule across all leagues and teams that if you do not pay the players and agents in full the team will be banned from all competitions for up to 5 years.

Also, if a team does pay the player and agent in full but there are delays in the payments then the team can be sued and the European court is now operating under the standard FIBA sanction and it effects all the leagues and teams. The teams then have to pay all the lawyer and court costs as well.

Also, these big contracts on big teams are guaranteed just like they are in the NBA. That is why for example Macijuaskas got paid about 9 million euros without even playing for about 2 years - because such contracts are guaranteed.

There is virtually zero chance that Darko's contract would not be guaranteed. This whole notion about players not being paid in Europe is a fiction created by US media and that is a fact because of the FIBA laws that are now in place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I'm surprised more Americans don't bolt for Europe. Sounds like a sweet deal. They've got lots of money. They pay your taxes. I think they put you up and pay for your housing.
    Big clubs do indeed pay for your housing and also give you a car and some of them give you a driver. It can vary for each player, but as an example Olympiacos bought Childress a large fully furnished condo (it's 4 bedrooms about 2,500 square feet) in a very nice area of Athens on the coast no less. He has his own maid and chef at the team's expense, etc.

They also give him a new Volvo sports car every year. And they also pay for all of his bills and living expenses. The most famous cases of such generosity are with Panathinaikos. They for example even went as far as to pay for the college educations of Dominque Wilkins' and Byron Scott's kids and those guys only played for them I think a year each.

The Russian club Khimki is known to not only give players there own place but also their family and they also provide free chauffeur service and limo service if the player wants it. I'm actually surprised that a lot of this stuff does not stop completely with the economies as they are.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-12-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I'm surprised more Americans don't bolt for Europe. Sounds like a sweet deal. They've got lots of money. They pay your taxes. I think they put you up and pay for your housing.
    The only problem is if you don't produce you don't get paid. Sometimes you are playing well and the checks still don't come. The experiences players have in Europe vary as well, some enjoy it but most don't. Since most don't care to learn the language they end up isolated and alone. Europe isn't all its cracked up to be.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I didnt know Darko plays soccer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    But they are not paying the same as Real, not even close..
    And they actually win something, and will win this year .. Real not even close.
    Barca's budget is around €30 million ($44 million)

Real's budget is around €35 million ($51 million)

Not exactly a huge difference there.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-12-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    The only problem is if you don't produce you don't get paid. Sometimes you are playing well and the checks still don't come. The experiences players have in Europe vary as well, some enjoy it but most don't. Since most don't care to learn the language they end up isolated and alone. Europe isn't all its cracked up to be.
    As I already pointed out, there are FIBA and European court laws that prevent that now. All that other nonsense is just US media BS.

Also as for the language........that's funny as players and coaches usually speak in English. The only league that is different is Spain, where they like Spanish over English, but they provide free translators for players that don't speak Spanish and free tutoring.

Other leagues, like Greece for example, the players and coaches all speak English.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-12-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Send him back overseas and stamp fragile goods on his forehead. Soft and bum ass euro.

Back to the minor leagues.

Banned

Macijauskas did not get paid 9 millions. He was in law court with Olympiacos for about 2 years now and lost the case.

NBA sixth man of the year

Why does he have to pay state and federal taxes? He's not going to be in the US. I don't think he's a citizen either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KubiliusF
    Macijauskas did not get paid 9 millions. He was in law court with Olympiacos for about 2 years now and lost the case.
    Yes he did. He got all his money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Why does he have to pay state and federal taxes? He's not going to be in the US. I don't think he's a citizen either.
    I think you fail at reading comprehension.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Back to the minor leagues.
    Darko isn't going to the D-League. So your post makes no sense. If you really believe "the minor leagues" offer $22 million contracts then there is simply something wrong with your ability to comprehend basic logic and facts.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-12-2010 at 06:20 PM.