Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: James White cant fly high anymore

I feel bad for him.

His entire life was geared for this moment. He's been training his entire life to make it to the NBA Dunk Contest. Everybody in the world just knew that he would win it, because well

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

It was also completely necessary for him to run from the end of the court on every attempt

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

He's probably still getting paid and playing basketball at a higher level than some of his non-NBA dunking peers like Air up there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    It was also completely necessary for him to run from the end of the court on every attempt
    Yeah, he was already exhausted before taking flight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I feel bad for him.

His entire life was geared for this moment. He's been training his entire life to make it to the NBA Dunk Contest. Everybody in the world just knew that he would win it, because well…. that's what he was groomed for.

I don't think it was his age.

I think he just choked.

His life will be miserable now.

Can you imagine, you're entire identity is associated with this one day, you finally get to this day and you fail badly. He may go into a depression. I guarantee that he gets cut or traded soon.
    Sadly agreed on this. He blew hard on what should be his legacy.

You're crazy, he could still do the same things. The dunks just rimmed out.

NBA Superstar

I feel bad for him.

His entire life was geared for this moment. He's been training his entire life to make it to the NBA Dunk Contest. Everybody in the world just knew that he would win it, because well…. that's what he was groomed for.

I think he just choked.

Can you imagine, you're entire identity is associated with this one day, you finally get to this day and you fail badly. He may go into a depression. I guarantee that he gets cut or traded soon.
    I'm thinking the same thing. It was a bummer watching him not being able to finish that second jam. Personally, I thought he should have gone with the windmill from the start. Then again, now that I think about it, maybe he was trying to hang on to that one until the final round.

He hasn't always been a guaranteed dunk contest champion. He missed his signature dunks the same way back in college. Some days he hits those tough dunks and some days he doesn't. He didn't seem to be missing them tonight like he was too old. He was just missing them.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 02-17-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Saw a basketball once

I feel bad for him.

I think he just choked.

^this
    I think he still get it but he just choked. Feel so bad for him
    He could still easily jump off from the free throw line in his first dunk which should have given him a 50.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2-45jV_zsdc
    Last edited by eric89; 02-17-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore Ramiah's Avatar

It's sad..everyone is gonna remember him as the dude who choked in the dunk contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiah
    It's sad..everyone is gonna remember him as the dude who choked in the dunk contest.
    I don't think anybody has been anticipating a player more than him.

Ever since he signed a contract the very first time years ago, people were already mentioning his name in the contest. Again, he gets signed and people are crowning him the dunk champ. He goes to the D-League and people are hopping he gets signed solely so he can be in the dunk contest.

Shit, he even has a commercial sponsoring a shoe for a contest he hadn't even entered yet. This company was willing to sign him on the faith that he'd win, he didn't.

Some are saying he just missed.

I don't think so.

I think he more than just missed. I think the first miss may have been just that mixed with some nerves. But after the 2nd miss, that's when the nerves kicked in and the pressure of expectations rose with every attempt. I think Green felt the pressure on the 2nd miss of his dunk.

I felt really, really bad for him because everyone who knows who he is, knows he can do those dunks 6 days of the week out of 7. It was one of those instances where you almost gotta look away cuz its uncomfortable to watch.

The thing that pissed me off the most though, was seeing LeBron falling over and running around in circles, laughing at him for missing. STFU Bron at least he has the balls to go out there at 30 and try.

Very good NBA starter

He can still fly high. I noticed his feet kept shuffling bad which was a sign of hesitation which meant nervousness to me.

He bumbled the ball tryng to dribble so many times. White will always have a place in Euro ball leagues. He lost confidence and you could see it.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I felt really, really bad for him because everyone who knows who he is, knows he can do those dunks 6 days of the week out of 7. It was one of those instances where you almost gotta look away cuz its uncomfortable to watch.

The thing that pissed me off the most though, was seeing LeBron falling over and running around in circles, laughing at him for missing. STFU Bron at least he has the balls to go out there at 30 and try.
    ^LeBron being a douche as always.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

You could tell Kenny felt bad for him as well. As usual, Chuck didn't care which was funny tho. Some of the player's looked awkward and felt for the dude. It really was kinda sad in many ways.

RIP White's career/legacy

After all these years at the age of 30 he has his only chance, and he lost it.

Very good NBA starter

You could tell Kenny felt bad for him as well. As usual, Chuck didn't care which was funny tho. Some of the player's looked awkward and felt for the dude. It really was kinda sad in many ways.

RIP White's career/legacy

After all these years at the age of 30 he has his only chance, and he lost it.
    At 30 he has made millions off jumping high. It may sting for now but everyone knows the guy can sky high.

I dont feel bad for a guy who has maintained longevity in a basketball career.