Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    lol at Kobe arguing with that dipshit reporter.

Kobe: And you know more about basketball than I do?
    Reporter: I can argue that. You may know how to play better.
    Kobe
    Kobe got pwned.

Local High School Star

kobes being real blunt these days but the things he says are true. its not out of his ass.

College superstar

Yea... Kobe doesn't talk to his teammates.

What about Ariza? When he came to the Lakers, Ariza was pretty much a scrub. Kobe took him under his wing and taught him how to shoot. Ariza and Kobe had a little bromance thing going on for a while, even after Ariza left LA.

this guys a ****ing scrub who cares. kobe has earned the right to say whatever he wants about whoever whenever, when smush wins 5 rings he can chirp kobe to the media all day

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by hipballinjigga
    Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz292JiguJ3

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-b...-smush-parker/

since NBA contracts are guaranteed, I would've decked Kobe if he pulled this crap on me... (if it were true)

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

I think the whole "hating" on Smush Parker as a basketball player and not being good is kind of tough.

He actually averaged pretty decent numbers while he played on those teams. I understand that numbers do not show the number of bone headed plays he made, but he was a very serviceable NBA player.

There is a lot of serviceable basketball players that come and go. He is just one of them. However he does not deserve the hate from Kobe Bryant.

Don't blame your own faults as a basketball player on other players. If you are truly as great as you say, you need to back it up with your playing and not your cocky mouth.
    compare his numbers with LA and without. Kobe made him. He was never serviceable. just utter trash.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    wow.
    holy shit he got fat as ****. jesus ****ing christ. omg.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    It's no secret at all that Kobe's a dickhead. Always has been, always will be.

It's also no secret that Smush wasn't a good player. However, he has every right to air his own dirty laundry. I'd love Smush to just come out at some point and talk about exactly what was going on on that Lakers team.
    Kobe's not a dickhead at all.
    Smush is a complete scrub who has no right saying anyone is overrated, much less Kobe. Kobe is right.....Kwame, Smush.....are you kidding me? The team wasted years of his career with those losers.

Fire Dwane Casey

Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."

Gawdbe

Parker, who's currently working at Chucky Cheese, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."
    fixed

Who's this Scrub Parker?

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Smush Parker? Don't recall the name.

Kobe was a big time diva back then, so Smush isn't inaccurate with what he's saying. Kobe was very difficult to deal with. In regards to Smush's play, playing with Kobe made him look relevant. He got open looks because Kobe was double teamed almost the second he touched the ball, sometimes even triple teamed. His point production more or less doubled. He never averaged more than 6 PPG at any other point and the season after he left the Lakers was his last.

Chris Mihm went through the same thing before he went down. He averaged around 10 PPG with Kobe while averaging 7 and change at best without him. His increased production isn't as noticable, but he too got open looks because of the attention Kobe commanded. Luke Walton was another one. Several players looked relevant because they played alongside Kobe at his offensive peak.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

i woudnt want smush talking to me either.

funny even scrub ass kwame is his boy even though kobe rags on him so much

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    It's Kobe.

What's the first thing popped out from his mouth when he won a 5th ring ? "I got 1 more than Shaq".

If he's going to keep grudge about a player like Shaq, he's going to keep a grudge about a bum like Parker.

As for the worst player thing, I don't think at times players keep things in context... doubt Kobe would when he's pissed at someone. He forgot about dudes like Kwame Brown, Laron Profit, Brian Cook etc.. I'm sure not on purpose (or he just forget they exist).

I agree with most of what you said, but that's the thing... I don't think Kobe does care about being PC. The man is human and not you, me, or someone on here is him. We don't know how he feels about these things no matter how professional he's been in the past.

I'm not even surprised one bit about these things. Sooner or later, things just come out in the open... My view point is "what took so long ?".
    Reality is finally setting in for Kobe that he was never as good as he thought he was, so the bitterness is setting in. Peeps here at ISH keep bringing out the cold hard facts on how he never measured up to the hype (voted behind Billups in MVP voting. Damn....) and Kobe, now looking back on his career and not really foward as much, simply can't handle it.

He now has a teammate ranked higher than him league wide, and another one with more MVPs than him, one of which Kobe implied should have been won by him, had he had better teammates. N!gga, you wasn't winning them with great teammates, so why whine about not winning some with Smush?