Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #31
FPower
National High School Star

FPower has decent reputation
Default Re: Riley makes a recruiting pitch to Mo Williams....

Mo might be able to use this to squeeze a little bit more out of Milwaukee. Maybe up his deal to 42-43 million, so that the difference between what Miami can offer is more significant. It would be kind of silly for Milwaukee to let him walk over an extra $400,00 a year.

Last edited by FPower : 07-08-2007 at 05:04 PM.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #32
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Yall seriously need to check yourselfs when speaking about Shaq.
He's better than Bogut yesterday, today, tomorrow, forever.
Until the day he retires, Shaq will be better than Bogut.
It's not the stats, it's his presence. Shaq is on the decline but as long as he plays, he will be a huge presence in the middle and just that presence is what will make him still a very good and sometimes even a great impact player.
He might average 13-8 for the rest of his contract and he"ll still be the 2nd best center in the league behind Yao and even a bigger presence than Yao.

For as long as Shaq is in the NBA, I don't see Bogut being better than him...ever.

Shaq will retire and he"ll be better than Bogut.

Silly comparison IMO.

Shaq is Shaq folks...it's as simple as that.

Yes, Miami needs more help and Shaq can't be what he used to be but don't ever underestimate his impact. Impact wise, he still will be a top 15 player in the NBA, heck maybe even top 10.

If I were a Heat fan, I'd worry about Wade more since it's unclear what will become of him after all the surgeries, I seriously hope he's fine but I'm already scared that he might be the next injured great player which would be a shame.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #33
Free
Great young streetballer

Free has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
i find it kinda funny that miami is linked to having interest in nearly EVERY free agent this offseason other than maybe billups. almost as though riley is conceding that even a healthy heat squad isn't capable of making it to the finals again.

No, it's just not smart to bank on an old an aging team staying healthy for an entire season.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Somewhat off-topic, that article reminded me that Charlie Villanueva is still alive (haha@all the Raptor fans that rated him over Al Jefferson, if JohnnySic was meaner he'd be all over you guys). Although I am far from being an expert on Yi, what I have heard about him makes me think he completely fails to compliment Villanueva and vice versa. Yi's scouting report (jumpshooting pf) is too similar to Villanueva,s paired up from they'd lead to soft interior d. Is Milwaukee going to move one of them?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #35
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Until the day he retires, Shaq will be better than Bogut.
It's not the stats, it's his presence.
Yeah, that presence of Shaq on the bench in a suit and tie really changes the game. :rollingeyes:

If you were right, teams would still be offering the max to Wilt, Russel, and Hakeem.
Quote:
Mo might be able to use this to squeeze a little bit more out of Milwaukee. Maybe up his deal to 42-43 million, so that the difference between what Miami can offer is more significant. It would be kind of silly for Milwaukee to let him walk over an extra $400,00 a year.
We're already the top bidder, and we've already offered slightly more than he's worth. Why should the top bidder raise their offer? That's the kind of logic that caused the Knicks to outbid themselves for Alan Houston. I think Mo will accept our offer, because he seems to like it in Milwaukee, and he's had a lot of success there. If he prefers to play somewhere else for less money, let him.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #36
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Somewhat off-topic, that article reminded me that Charlie Villanueva is still alive (haha@all the Raptor fans that rated him over Al Jefferson, if JohnnySic was meaner he'd be all over you guys). Although I am far from being an expert on Yi, what I have heard about him makes me think he completely fails to compliment Villanueva and vice versa. Yi's scouting report (jumpshooting pf) is too similar to Villanueva,s paired up from they'd lead to soft interior d. Is Milwaukee going to move one of them?
Probably not right away. Right now they're just pieces, and we can wait a little while before we put the puzzle together. From the very little I've seen, Charlie is a better all-around scorer (deeper range, and softer touch at the basket) and rebounder, while Yi has a little more athleticism and height which leads to blocked shots. But you're right, someday one will have to be moved. Probably best to let them play a while and raise their trade value. Yi could play 28 mpg at PF, with Charlie taking the other 20, and an extra 10 at SF. For now.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #37
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah, that presence of Shaq on the bench in a suit and tie really changes the game. :rollingeyes:

If you were right, teams would still be offering the max to Wilt, Russel, and Hakeem.
Not that he's worth the max, but I bet Olajuwon could out-rebound Mark Blount and a few other super-soft types. Russell too, if they let him use his cane.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Probably not right away. Right now they're just pieces, and we can wait a little while before we put the puzzle together. From the very little I've seen, Charlie is a better all-around scorer (deeper range, and softer touch at the basket) and rebounder, while Yi has a little more athleticism and height which leads to blocked shots. But you're right, someday one will have to be moved. Probably best to let them play a while and raise their trade value. Yi could play 28 mpg at PF, with Charlie taking the other 20, and an extra 10 at SF. For now.
I suppose Milwaukee doesn't need to hurry, but if they transferred one of the redundant talents into a shot-blocker they could have a playoff team.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #39
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

If Mo Williams wants to go to the Heat I would offer a package of Jason Williams, Dequaen Cook, Dorell Wright, and a first round pick. Dorell is such a monster I might do it if I were the Bucks. It would save money. Jason Williams could be bought out if he didn't want to play backup.

Would the Bucks go for it? I'm not a an expert on Mo Williams, but I do know the guy averaged 17 pts and 6 assists last year as opposed to Jason Williams' 10 and 5. Also, he's a little bit better at shooting threes than Jason. But I don't know about giving up both Daquaen Cook AND Dorell Wright. I'd give them Wright, Jason Williams, and a first round pick. Because if we get Mo Williams to start for us at PG, who's gonna back him up? Gary Payton? I thought there was a very good chance of him retiring. Chris Quinn? That wouldn't be very smart. I'd rather have a PG rotation of Mo Williams and D-Wade in and out with Daquen Cook perhaps.
InfiniteBaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #40
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...la-sports-heat

Mo Williams is the absolute perfect fit to Wade as a PG...I mean PERFECT. Can play off the ball, can create offense, and has a scorers mentality.

Agreed. Right now my biggest concern isn't Shaq's effectiveness, but how healthy Wade will be next season. There's a good chance he might be, but the Heat are gonna need to find another penetrator other than Wade or else Wade would constantly have to drive and make plays with his body, causing him to be more injury-prone. I'll be pissed of Wade ends up like Grant Hill, not that there's anything wrong with Grant Hill, except for missing like 5 years of his prime due to injury. Mo Williams would definitely help out in this respect.

And if I were Mo, I wouldn't go to Miami for the "honor" of playing next to Shaq. But if I were to go, my biggest incentive would be playing next to Wade, who definitely would make the game alot easier for me.
InfiniteBaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #41
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
No it isn't. The fact that he only plays 3 out of every 5 games during the season is something wrong. The fact that he can only shoot free throws at 42% making hack-a-shaq deadlier than ever is something wrong. If Shaq's dominant years never happened, nobody would be saying that the current Shaq is a top 25 player.

Three cheers men!

This is an honest and straightforward a post as you're going to see.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: