Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation
Default Re: if KG is still a Timberwolf next season, I'm going to kill someone.

I'd be far more annoyed if McHale is still in charge. They genuinely have to get rid of him. I like that KG may end up being a TWolf for life.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:52 AM   #17
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

McHale: Iím Not Actively Shopping KG

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer
Posted Jun 20 2007 11:48PM

Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS, June 20 (AP) -- As far as Minnesota Timberwolves basketball boss Kevin McHale is concerned, any trade talk involving Kevin Garnett so far has been just that - talk.

"Who knows what's going to happen?'' McHale said Wednesday after the Wolves worked out college stars Jeff Green and Al Horford in preparation for next week's draft. "But we're not out there actively shopping Kevin Garnett around the NBA. I can tell you that much.''

McHale was pressed on the topic a day after Danny Ainge told The Boston Herald that he has talked to McHale about Garnett.

But McHale dismissed that news as the typical chatter that happens between team executives in the days leading up to the NBA draft.

"At this time of year, all the teams are talking to each other,'' McHale said. "Everybody phones each other saying, 'Hey what are you looking at? What are you doing?'

"We talk about a lot of different stuff and, unfortunately, some of that stuff seems to creep out or get speculated or, the best thing I like, things you haven't even discussed are out there.''

Garnett can opt out of his contract after next season, meaning the Timberwolves run the risk of losing him without compensation if they don't trade him before then and he tires of not playing on a competitive team. That has ramped up speculation that he could be on the move, and the possible destinations - many of them completely baseless and unsourced - are popping up all over the place as they always do this time of year.

One thing that appears to be different this offseason is McHale's acknowledgment of conversations involving his star player. Where in the past, he has completely dismissed questions of Garnett's availability - including after last season when he said emphatically, "We're not going to trade Kevin Garnett'' - McHale is now qualifying those remarks.

But he said Friday that he has always listened to proposals from other teams.

"What, do you think I hung up on them when they called?'' McHale quipped in his typical tone. "Nothing has changed. You always listen. You listen, and it doesn't go very far and it hasn't gone very far now.''

Yeah, The Fire Mcfail era continues this mean KG will stink in the Minnessota Timberwolves forever, Unless some miracle happen that KG has a veto power to go to the other team.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #18
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Yeah, The Fire Mcfail era continues this mean KG will stink in the Minnessota Timberwolves forever, Unless some miracle happen that KG has a veto power to go to the other team.

Not forever... just until he opts out of his contract next year... hopefully.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #19
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
"Who knows what's going to happen?'' McHale said

Classic McHale. I don't know what's going ot happen--

As Chevy Chase said in caddyshack "May--make it make it happen" - you have all the power. You have the player that EVERYONE wants. You have a good draft pick.

Make it happen McHale. Make a plan and make it happen.

At least be Isiah and say "We have a plan and this is just part of it"

Who knows what's going ot happen??? I know one thing - McHale WILL do something stupid. That'll happen.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #20
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Foye is okay but they could have had Brandon Roy. these 2 aren't on the same atmospheric layer. it's not even close. Roy blows Foye out the water and McHale gave him away. it's almost worse than not having decent Foye at all.

i agree with you about KG needs to get the heck out of there, but where did you come up with this???

i agree, i like roy better and was pissed when we traded him, but roy averaged like 35 mpg to foye's 20 mpg...when foye played significant minutes and started the last two weeks of the season, he put up solid numbers...its not that roy's on another "atmospheric layer"
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: