This is an interesting question. I say Kyrie is definitely better than Dame and he always was. It's really great that Portland made the playoffs and dame had a great year offensively, but it's not quite what people make it out to be. First of all, CJ MCollum is far better than anyone Kyrie played with before lebron came back, and kyrie was 19-21 years old on a tanking team.

with that in mind, there's nothing to definitive saying that Dame is definitely more capable of carrying a bad team, because his team has never actually been bad, not even last year. So for me, it comes down to maximum impact and offensive ceiling. The truth is, Dame isn't in the same class as Curry, Westbrook or CP3. Every single time he goes to the playoffs, Dame gets outplayed by a point guard that is actually elite. Tony Parker, Mike Conley ... CP3 this year if he didn't get injured (CP3 was already getting him) and we all know Dame's defense isn't going to stifle curry. Dame just isn't truly an elite offensive Dynamo. He's athletic, but his first step and change of direction ability and body control isn't nearly as good as irving's, so he can't create space in the midrange or finish around defenders as well. Dame's midrange game is also pedestrian, as is his finishing ability, so when Dame's long ball isn't falling, he is usually going to be in for a long night. Dame I think barely shoots 40% in the playoffs for his career. He shot 38% this year, and I don't think that's an anomaly; chucking threes is really his best option. Kyrie can get to whatever spot he wants to against literally any defense in the league, and he shoots 50% from the midrange and like 38-41% on the long ball and 60% at the rim. Kyrie can get wherever he wants to get and he can score really well from everywhere on the court. Dame can't, and for someone who's not a super-playmaker or defender, that's damning in his case against kyrie.

Also, for people arguing that kyrie can't be the man on his team; well neither can Dame, if you look at it in a strict sense. Really, only LeBron can take a mediocre team far by himself. Both kyrie and dame could slip into the Spurs or warriors and be very successful.