Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Why would LeBron want to join the Nets in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Why don't you add your expertise and brilliance to help all of the dullards in this thread see the light and the error of their ways?
    i only read the first page before i posted that actually. didn't feel like bothering with the rest.

The Nets are pretty much setting the table for Lebron. The next couple of seasons don't even matter to them. Their sole purpose is setting up a team for Lebron to come in and lead in 2010.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    i only read the first page before i posted that actually. didn't feel like bothering with the rest.

The Nets are pretty much setting the table for Lebron. The next couple of seasons don't even matter to them. Their sole purpose is setting up a team for Lebron to come in and lead in 2010.
    ...and do you think that is a good strategy? Banking on LeBron wanting to play for a non-contender simply because they are in a larger market? That seems like a pathetic strategy for a franchise.

A LOT can happen in two NBA seasons. If the Nets aren't contending and don't have a halfway decent roster by '10, I don't see LeBron going there.

Very good NBA starter

...and do you think that is a good strategy? Banking on LeBron wanting to play for a non-contender simply because they are in a larger market? That seems like a pathetic strategy for a franchise.

A LOT can happen in two NBA seasons. If the Nets aren't contending and don't have a halfway decent roster by '10, I don't see LeBron going there.
    melo, wade, kobe, someone will come. But Lebron is their first choice.

I think they will do a better job than the Cavs at having a better supporting cast in place by then.

There is no evidence we are surely going after James. The RJ trade was becasuse players had issues w/ him in the locker room and he was becoming really arrogant, plus he couldnt co-exist with Vince Carter.

Do you not know players can develop? Yao said so himself Yi could one day be better than him... I know I need a link and you are going to bold "can" too... I'm looking for the link...

It would be nice to snatch LeBron but if we cant we can always go for Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, D-Wade, Melo... We arent scared about the RJ trade

Link on Yao's commments about Yi Jianlian:
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7044867.htm
    As a rookie Yi had better performance than Yao did at that time. "His talent is unbelievable," Yao said, "You ask me how good he can be? I can't say that. But I think he'll be better than me."

In an interview after the game, Yao said, "He didn't score a lot in the first half, but he turned it around in the second half. He really helped his team stay in the game."

Yi shined in the third quarter to help the Bucks close to within six, but Yao is the ace card now with his versatile ability.

"I wasn't thinking about it in terms of Yi or Yao," Yi said. "It was the Rockets against the Bucks. I was concerned about the game."

"He (Yi) is pretty good," Tracy McGrady of Houston Rockets said. "He has a tremendous upside in this league."
    Even T-Mac commented on Yi's potential. We won the RJ trade... now what are you going to say redblackattack??
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 07-07-2008 at 02:31 AM.

Maybe the Nets won't get LBJ but how come the Knicks will? The Knicks haven't been better than the Nets for at least 7 years and they're going to suck as usual. If LBJ wants to leave the Cavs, he would consider the Nets over the Knicks since the Nets are always closer to an NBA title than the Knicks(I can tell the Knicks won't become the NBA champion even with LBJ, but the Nets probably will).

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    There is no evidence we are surely going after James. The RJ trade was becasuse players had issues w/ him in the locker room and he was becoming really arrogant, plus he couldnt co-exist with Vince Carter.

Do you not know players can develop? Yao said so himself Yi could one day be better than him... I know I need a link and you are going to bold "can" too... I'm looking for the link...

It would be nice to snatch LeBron but if we cant we can always go for Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, D-Wade, Melo... We arent scared about the RJ trade

Link on Yao's commments about Yi Jianlian:
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7044867.htm

Even T-Mac commented on Yi's potential. We won the RJ trade... now what are you going to say redblackattack??
    Wow... TMac and Yao agree that Yi has potential? That's it... The Nets' future is rock f#cking solid.

There are a ton of guys in the NBA with potential. As a matter of fact, most guys that play professional basketball have the capacity to be very good players. The jury is still out on Yi.

Then again, I never said that the guy didn't have the capability of becoming a good player. You just assumed that is what I though and you know what they say about those that ASSume.

The Nets' current roster is bad. There is no getting around that. Now, maybe by 2010, they will compile a roster of player that are appealing to the best free agents, but all we can do is look at them as they stand right now. If you do that, no player that is serious about winning a championship is going to jump on board.

Say what you will about the Cavs, but they have proven that they can win in the playoffs, mainly by using great defense. The Nets don't have that going for them.

Right now, the Cavs are a heck of a lot closer to a ring than the Nets are and it is because of both LeBron and the defensive and rebounding prowess of the team.

Two years from now, who knows what the teams will look like? Maybe the Cavs will regress and the Nets will become a top flight organization/team. On the other hand, maybe the Cavs will continue to get better and possibly even win a championship in the next two years.

The point I've been desperately trying to make for the past few weeks with you is that you simply cannot predict the landscape of this league two years in advance. It is impossible. There are far too many variables and pretty much anything can happen from year-to-year.

That is why I find this whole campaign for LeBron two years in advance to be asinine.

The point I've been desperately trying to make for the past few weeks with you is that you simply cannot predict the landscape of this league two years in advance. It is impossible. There are far too many variables and pretty much anything can happen from year-to-year.

That is why I find this whole campaign for LeBron two years in advance to be asinine.

Learning to shoot layups NeighborhoodKid's Avatar

this plan (or hyped fan talk) of NY/NJ waiting for leBron is disgusting. i really hope other teams attract LeBron away from cleveland. the cavs made the finals with a pretty meh roster and then they do nothing in back to back offseasons (yeah, i know they made that AWESOME trade for ben wallace*thumbs down*) i have pretty little respect for the team they try to build around James.

i want him to move on, but this 2 yrs down the road talk is redic.

I usually hit open layups

I want him to go to any team besides Mavericks or Celtics, I hate those two teams. He can stay in cleveland for all I care as long as he doesn't go to those two teams

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marla07860
    I want him to go to any team besides Mavericks or Celtics, I hate those two teams. He can stay in cleveland for all I care as long as he doesn't go to those two teams
    Any special reason you hate those two teams?

I know Marla by now, lol, he hates how Dallas got J-Kidd, I guess the Celtics for all their bandwagoners
    I know Marla really hates Dallas though :

I love how the Garden, MSG and the fact it's NY and The Knicks, one of the premier franchise in the league is dismissed, but the fact Lebron gets an occasional beer with Jay Z is like rock hard FACT that Lebron would go there.

That's a bit hard for me to swallow.

And AGAIN, what about the fact the nets may NOT be in Brooklyn. Why doesn't anyone acknowledge that? The Arena is not close to started, it's still in litigation.

Wow... TMac and Yao agree that Yi has potential? That's it... The Nets' future is rock f#cking solid.

There are a ton of guys in the NBA with potential. As a matter of fact, most guys that play professional basketball have the capacity to be very good players. The jury is still out on Yi.

Then again, I never said that the guy didn't have the capability of becoming a good player. You just assumed that is what I though and you know what they say about those that ASSume.

The Nets' current roster is bad. There is no getting around that. Now, maybe by 2010, they will compile a roster of player that are appealing to the best free agents, but all we can do is look at them as they stand right now. If you do that, no player that is serious about winning a championship is going to jump on board.

Say what you will about the Cavs, but they have proven that they can win in the playoffs, mainly by using great defense. The Nets don't have that going for them.

Right now, the Cavs are a heck of a lot closer to a ring than the Nets are and it is because of both LeBron and the defensive and rebounding prowess of the team.

Two years from now, who knows what the teams will look like? Maybe the Cavs will regress and the Nets will become a top flight organization/team. On the other hand, maybe the Cavs will continue to get better and possibly even win a championship in the next two years.

You said
    and don't have a halfway decent roster by '10, I don't see LeBron going there.
    What makes you think we wont? Yi has already showed he is great and then he hit his rookie wall which is usuall, it happened to Sean too. You werent shocked that Yao said Yi could one day be better than him?

What is your point about the playoffs? You think we wont make the playoffs w/ LeBron Every team has provent they could win before. Understand we are in the East we can be 9 games under .500
    I think we can if we can develop chemistry, w/o VC sharing the ball and spotlight w/ Jefferson I think Simmons if not injured will actually compliment Carter better.... that is my opinion.

I understand the Cavs are a very good team... I never said they werent better than the Nets. What were the Cavs like top 4 in the East? if they were... If the Nets and Cavs both didnt have LeBron you know who the better team would be.....

I'm not the only one predicting, I read you said that you could get Amare too... It's the same thing as me saying we could get LeBron. I am a happy fan just like you were when you said you could get Amare. Yoiu can desperately try to persuade me all you want. I know and known the whole time it is just a possibility. You arent going to upset me by saying my team look bad... and he isnt going if we dont construct a good team....You alone wont anyway maybe if everyone on ISH told me yeah but people are not agreeing like you and people are like Clipper fans lol...
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 07-07-2008 at 10:03 AM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    ............anway how can people jump to a comclusion that he's gonna go anywhere
    because he sees himself as a global icon, the chosen one if you will, and he will get way more media play (as well as endorsement $) if hes in NY. Hes more interested in being famous than a ball player IMO.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rknine15
    hmmm plays the same position as Lebron... how would that work? no pg, no reliable big....

as for the Nets look at this lineup... a prefect fit for Lebron(or any good SF)

PG Harris(27)/Williams(23)
    SG CDR(23)/filler
    SF Lebron(26)/Anderson(21)
    PF Sean(23)/Yi(23)
    C Brook(21)/Boone(25)

everyone 2 years older/better.
    I actually really like that line up. As a Raps fan I hope it never happens.