Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scoring in college ball is the lowest since the 50's

They really need to change the shot clock. 35 seconds is just a ridiculous amount of time to hold on to a possession. And a lot of teams like to use the full shot clock (especially when they don't have a lot of talent) simply to keep the game as close as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    There's tons of college basketball fans who watch during the year. Lots of people root for their alma matters. Many people prefer the college atmosphere. It's a big business. Not football big, but it is the second biggest college sport. Look at how much TV coverage it gets.
    A typical regular season college game on a typical Saturday...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...l-more/366689/

More people watched Dragon Ball Z. And re-runs of the Big Bang Theory just blew college basketball away.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

More people watched Dragon Ball Z. And re-runs of the Big Bang Theory just blew college basketball away.
    I don't live in a major city, so most basketball fans I know or talk to prefer the college game. Plus, there's several good college schools to root for closer than the nearest NBA team, and a lot of people have attended those 3 schools. They have great crowds.

BTW, It's only fair to post stuff like that if you post NBA ratings as well.

Aside from the NCAA tournament, I doubt you, or anyone else, watches college basketball. I would rather watch paint dry.
    That's why more people show up for Kentucky's first practice of the season than for any NBA game all season, including the finals.

Because nobody cares.

Basketball fans have taken notice: Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    They really need to change the shot clock. 35 seconds is just a ridiculous amount of time to hold on to a possession. And a lot of teams like to use the full shot clock (especially when they don't have a lot of talent) simply to keep the game as close as possible.
    They did 30 seconds in the NIT. I watched a couple games and some teams got killed. Like Illinois. lol. But I think they were already shitting the bed. I don't think the shot clock should be changed because of the talent difference. 5 seconds doesn't seem like a long time, but it is.

It increases the urgency and I don't know if it's going to make ball any better. It'll just lead to more blow outs. Probably not more scoring overall.

Wouldn't you rather have closer, more exciting games... opposed to team A getting up by 40 and putting in their scrubs, thus allowing the final score to be higher than if they played a close game?

I don't ever get the feeling when I'm watching college bball like... damn I wish they were scoring more tho.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    I don't live in a major city, so most basketball fans I know or talk to prefer the college game. Plus, there's several good college schools to root for closer than the nearest NBA team, and a lot of people have attended those 3 schools. They have great crowds.

BTW, It's only fair to post stuff like that if you post NBA ratings as well.
    I'm sure that the game's draw good crowds, but overall, the vast majority of sports fans couldn't name 2-3 players on any other college team other than their own favorite, if that. When I was growing up I could not only give you the names of many college players, I could give you their stats, as well.

Gone are the days of "The Astrodome Game", when two unbeatens, and ranked 1-2 played each other. Or their NCAA rematch a few weeks later. Or the ND-UCLA game in which the Irish overcame a 70-59 deficit in the last three minutes to end UCLA's 88 game winning streak. And their rematch a couple of weeks later. Or the UCLA-NC St. early season match-up in 73-74, which featured two teams that gone unbeaten in 72-73. And their NCAA rematch later on.

Those were EPIC games, and EVERYONE was watching them.

college ball is really shit. anyone who consistently watches it probably has autsim

Aside from the NCAA tournament, I doubt you, or anyone else, watches college basketball. I would rather watch paint dry.
    I watch the top prospects and best teams. However, I don't watch NBA regular season basketball in the regular season much anymore.

I'm sure that the game's draw good crowds, but overall, the vast majority of sports fans couldn't name 2-3 players on any other college team other than their own favorite, if that. When I was growing up I could not only give you the names of many college players, I could give you their stats, as well.

Gone are the days of "The Astrodome Game", when two unbeatens, and ranked 1-2 played each other. Or their NCAA rematch a few weeks later. Or the ND-UCLA game in which the Irish overcame a 70-59 deficit in the last three minutes to end UCLA's 88 game winning streak. And their rematch a couple of weeks later. Or the UCLA-NC St. early season match-up in 73-74, which featured two teams that gone unbeaten in 72-73. And their NCAA rematch later on.

Those were EPIC games, and EVERYONE was watching them.
    As I pointed out three pots up, more people watch Kentucky than any 99% of NBA teams, and..
    . It marks the third consecutive year ESPN has set a viewership record for its game telecasts, surpassing the past two seasons by 6 percent

Viewer ship is up. Because you don't watch it, doesn't mean nobody else does. In fact, new records are set every season, so more people watched last year than the year before, and I can guarante more people watched this year than last year.

It kinda sounds like you're in the minority. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I watch the top prospects and best teams. However, I don't watch NBA regular season basketball in the regular season much anymore.
    that's probably because you have autism

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    college ball is really shit. anyone who consistently watches it probably has autsim
    Again, more people watched Kentucky than the NBA finals last year.

So...

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    that's probably because you have autism
    yup, following NBA prospects from high school to the pros means I have autism. But you are just a chill bro who lusts after teen anime girls. makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Again, more people watched Kentucky than the NBA finals last year.

So...
    [COLOR="Green"]>more people watched this shitty thing so this shitty thing is good.[/COLOR]
    topkek

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    yup, following NBA prospects from high school to the pros means I have autism. But you are just a chill bro who lusts after teen anime girls. makes sense.
    no. if u choose to watch college basketball over nba i'm saying u have autism. i follow a ton of prospects and watch college basketball since the magic are in the lottery.