Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Swap Rose with Westbrook... Are Chicago clear favorites out East?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    They would have won at least once with a healthy Westbrook those 3 years.

Rose is less reliable than Westbrook so I don't know what your point is. Westbrook now and since the ASB last year is playing better than Rose ever has, vs tougher competition.
    Apparently, by your first sentence, Westbrook is unreliable as well. So this can be a game of comparing how unreliable they are. Westbrook definitely has an argument as the best individual player in the game right now. His team game suffers a little bit so I would definitely want Durant, Anthony Davis and Lebron over him. If Harden comes to play he too is a bit more desirable.

The good all around teams don't need a Westbrook player on them. SA would be worse with that type of player and the Bulls, when they really start playing offensive team ball would also be downgraded by a player like Westbrook. On teams with an offensive scheme and already two super talented or super skilled players I rather have the Splash brothers, John Wall, Kyrie, Lowry on the team than Westbrook. Those guys play a bit more structured and get more out of teammates than Westbrook does.

I think Westbrook would be the best player in the game if he had DH or AD and Klay Thompson on his team with role players. But he's a bit random and not a one guy who fits all teams type of player.

GOATBROOK doesnt need any breaks, perfect for thib's system.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Dude Rose played last year too and played like shit until he got hurt again. Yet for whatever reason no one ever wants to use last years stats for Rose, with well over a year to get ready for the season.

Meanwhile Westbrook comes back from any injuries looking better than ever.
    russell westbrook tore his lateral meniscus, a WAY different injury to come back from than a torn ACL with a medial meniscus tear 10 games after. also throw in the fact that Rose tore his ACL at the worst possible time which required him to come back during the stretch run or with the new season. Westbrook rehab length was much shorter and enabled him to return at the start of the 2013-14 season, so he didnt miss any game time other than those playoffs..

and that is true he did play those 10 games last year.. but that was not nearly enough time to gather that rhythm and allow him to put trust all his knees, which in return would give you the old rose.. this is his 1st consistent string of games since 2012, no lie this is the longest he has played consecutively

point is, you cannot compare the injuries between Rose and Westbrook just because they are peers and have a lot of the same characteristics

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Maybe to most likely, but MVP Rose on OKC the previous three years they would have won once or twice already.

i still don't think westbrook and durant fit well enough together for them to get over the hump. rose especially in his mvp form could have run the point for the thunder much more effectively the past few years. under control and unselfish. durant's number would have been even higher.

westbrook on the other hand is just what chicago has been looking for. his teammates would feed off his energy. the team culture would temper his attitude. and he would be in control of an offense now loaded with off ball finishers; gasol, butler, gibson, mirotic. those guys would feast off the attention westbrook draws.

remember the heat defense that pressured and trapped the bulls' rose-centered offense in the playoffs season after season? rose began settling and hoping quick ball movement was the answer. westbrook would have driven right into the teeth of that defense.

interesting swap for sure.

yea i think with westbrook the bulls become instant favourites in the east. i wouldn't bet against them.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs

i still don't think westbrook and durant fit well enough together for them to get over the hump. rose especially in his mvp form could have run the point for the thunder much more effectively the past few years. under control and unselfish. durant's number would have been even higher.

westbrook on the other hand is just what chicago has been looking for. his teammates would feed off his energy. the team culture would temper his attitude. and he would be in control of an offense now loaded with off ball finishers; gasol, butler, gibson, mirotic. those guys would feast off the attention westbrook draws.

remember the heat defense that pressured and trapped the bulls' rose-centered offense in the playoffs season after season? rose began settling and hoping quick ball movement was the answer. westbrook would have driven right into the teeth of that defense.

interesting swap for sure.

yea i think with westbrook the bulls become instant favourites in the east. i wouldn't bet against them.
    What did Rose do against Miami in 2011?

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

IF rose got as many minutes as westbrook nobody would be saying this shit. First off BULLS have a better team than OKC everyone can do something on the bulls except noah who passes well anyways. SO rose has to keep his eyes open to everyone. you got rose gasol butler gibson dunleavy these guys can flat out score and he has to get them involved its part of winning 10 games into roses season i rate him doing great with what he gots. ON OKC Rose would drive kick to durant its a very offensive scary situation for teams against rose cause its like ok rose or do we double durant. or they guard rose extra heavy and he pops it to durant. Durant was so deadly on team usa its easy to see that he makes a situation at point guard very easy. I mean for all-stars - they get guarded differently you know. if not make me a coach lol.

NBA All-star

Westbrook doesnt provides the type of acrobatic plays as well as side pass that rose does that helps utilize Noah.

They get someone like gay/george by still keeping gibson boozer and not pau.

Nasty

WB is playing like the best player in the world right now, but he might mess up our system. He's too ISO-happy.