Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    High School Starter

Default Re: Russell Westbrook vs. Dwyane Wade

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
    Im waiting for this season to start to see whether that was just a nagging injury that Wade had or if he really did decline hardcore.
    Up until yesterday I thought it was Wade declining but really that's not the case. I watched tons of game highlights from the beginning of the season til mid-February and you could see he was far more explosiveness. You don't lose your explosiveness in the middle of the season unless you're injured. He's getting arthroscopic knee surgery which meant his knee constantly swelled up which really hinders a player like Wade. When his knee got drained against Indiana you saw what he's still capable of. As of now, Westbrook is better but if Wade's knee is 100% going into the season I'm taking him ALL DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    He still did not play very hard and he was out of shape as Pat Riley even said during that season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ble/index.html

He was working his way in shape during that regular season similar to what Shaq and Barkley always did. They would always coast to conserve their energy to go all out in the playoffs.

His pts/asts/rebs were there, they always were, but his shooting numbers went down drastically.
    his fg% dropped 1.4% thats really not a big deal with his 2010 efficiency if he took 22 shots he would be averaging 29.9 points. He played in 2 less minutes and two less games not a big deal. Wade didnt play as hard as he did in 09 but he didn't coast he was doing something right considering the fact his team won 4 more games.

Very good NBA starter

Westbrook is easily better. Wade is garbage. Nearly a decade in the league and still has no jumper.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    lol @ the Suns being a contending team, get the **** outta here with that ish. Easily get past? The Hawks aren't/weren't trash by any means and they actually are widely regarded as a good team. Kobe has never had a season better than Wade in 09 and only LeBron has matched him. Did you even see Wade play that season? Before the playoffs where he probably was worn down after carrying a bunch of scrubs he was easily the best player in the world.
    he wasnt worn down he was injured

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    he wasnt worn down he was injured
    I forgot but it probably was a back injury correct? Either way as a Heat fan I didn't expect us to beat the Hawks because we were Wade or bust the whole season, that shit doesn't work in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Westbrook is easily better. Wade is garbage. Nearly a decade in the league and still has no jumper.

Pathetic.
    Wade has shot over 40% from midrange in 4 out of his 5 healthy seasons 05 06 09 11. 2010 was the only season where he was healthy and did not shoot good from 16-23

Banned

Wade didnt play as hard as he did in 09 but he didn't coast he was doing something right considering the fact his team won 4 more games.
    Not playing as hard and coasting is the exact same thing.

What you are saying would be like saying that a player didn't quit but he gave up.

They won 4 more games in the regular season because Jermaine O'Neal was terrific in the regular season. He played like complete garbage in that post-season though and I think he shot like 17-18% in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    lol @ the Suns being a contending team, get the **** outta here with that ish. Easily get past? The Hawks aren't/weren't trash by any means and they actually are widely regarded as a good team. Kobe has never had a season better than Wade in 09 and only LeBron has matched him. Did you even see Wade play that season? Before the playoffs where he probably was worn down after carrying a bunch of scrubs he was easily the best player in the world.
    Suns were always considered contenders and they certainly had the talent to be considered contenders. It's too bad the coach of that team was a giant moron.

I saw Wade play that season and he was dominant as heck in the regular season but he couldn't carry that over in the post-season. I don't believe he is capable of carrying a team for both regular and post-seasons like both Kobe and LeBron can which is where the difference and separation lies.

Very good NBA starter

Wade has shot over 40% from midrange in 4 out of his 5 healthy seasons 05 06 09 11. 2010 was the only season where he was healthy and did not shoot good from 16-23
    No, he hasn't. His only good year was 08-09. He's been mediocre at best other than that season.

This year he shot 37% from 16-23.

Still a shit three-point shooter, too.

Sad.

No, he hasn't. His only good year was 08-09. He's been mediocre at best other than that season.

This year he shot 37% from 16-23.

Still a shit three-point shooter, too.

Sad.
    use basketball reference and check his shooting he has shot over 40% in 05 06 09 11 the other seasons he was injured other than 2010. He also shot over 40% in 07 and 12 from 10-15

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Not playing as hard and coasting is the exact same thing.

What you are saying would be like saying that a player didn't quit but he gave up.

They won 4 more games in the regular season because Jermaine O'Neal was terrific in the regular season. He played like complete garbage in that post-season though and I think he shot like 17-18% in that series.

Suns were always considered contenders and they certainly had the talent to be considered contenders. It's too bad the coach of that team was a giant moron.

I saw Wade play that season and he was dominant as heck in the regular season but he couldn't carry that over in the post-season. I don't believe he is capable of carrying a team for both regular and post-seasons like both Kobe and LeBron can which is where the difference and separation lies.
    you say stupid shit get exposed for that shit ignore that and pick one thing out that you didnt get exposed for to talk about but get exposed again. Than you try to bring up the things you've already been exposed for again its a ****ing cycle.

Banned

you say stupid shit get exposed for that shit ignore that and pick one thing out that you didnt get exposed for to talk about but get exposed again. Than you try to bring up the things you've already been exposed for again its a ****ing cycle.
    What did I get exposed in? It seems like everything I have said was consistent and correct. It's not my fault I'm objective about Wade and I'm not some fan boy that defends every single one of his action, good or bad.

Pathetic.
    Wade had a jumper before the 2010 season after that though his jumper just went to hell. He has never had 3 point range though but jumper and 3 pointers are different.