Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #1681
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
brownmamba00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,382
brownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected posterbrownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected posterbrownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

I think we have too many x factors in this current roster to be a legit playoff team...will kobe be healthy? did we get studs in the draft? hibbert is a closed box we don't know what he's bringing also kobe&scott will make him their personal bitch boy that's gonna be fun to watch.

but if they fill out this roster with quality vets and good defenders we may be in the playoff mix next year

I won't be surprised when BS gets fired in december tho

Last edited by brownmamba00 : 07-05-2015 at 11:17 AM.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #1682
kshutts1
College superstar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,294
kshutts1 is popular on this boardkshutts1 is popular on this boardkshutts1 is popular on this boardkshutts1 is popular on this board
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Call me crazy, but the one move the Lakers did (Hibbert), I hated.
Roster would have been better off signing Biyombo on potential. See if he can do anything, and whether he can or not, Lakers have a shot at the third pick.

But Hibbert is good enough that the third pick is not very likely at all, now. So that was a pretty bad trade, IMO. Great fit, though, but the Lakers have no reason to be wanting to compete right now other than pride.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #1683
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
brownmamba00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,382
brownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected posterbrownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected posterbrownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Russell/Clarkson/Price
Kobe/Russell/Young/Brown
W.Chandler/Young/C.Butler
Randle/Black/Kelly
Hibbert/Upshaw/Sucre

14 man decent squad
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #1684
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,213
dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Call me crazy, but the one move the Lakers did (Hibbert), I hated.
Roster would have been better off signing Biyombo on potential. See if he can do anything, and whether he can or not, Lakers have a shot at the third pick.

But Hibbert is good enough that the third pick is not very likely at all, now. So that was a pretty bad trade, IMO. Great fit, though, but the Lakers have no reason to be wanting to compete right now other than pride.
Bismack has no more potential. He is what you currently see, a role player off the bench. But I do agree I'm not huge on the Hibbert move. That basically told me the Lakers were desperate.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #1685
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,518
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Lou Williams 3/21mil. A meh signing to me but shoots 3's and scores. Guess you can't complain when anyone willingly signs with them these days.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #1686
bladefd
Great college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,602
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Bismack has no more potential. He is what you currently see, a role player off the bench. But I do agree I'm not huge on the Hibbert move. That basically told me the Lakers were desperate.

Hibbert is essentially option D

A: LMA, Butler, or Leonard
B: Kevin Love, Greg Monroe, or Gasol
C: Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez or DJ (somebody mentioned Tobias Harris too)

D: Whoever we can get -- ends up being Hibbert
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #1687
bladefd
Great college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,602
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Lou Williams 3/21mil. A meh signing to me but shoots 3's and scores. Guess you can't complain when anyone willingly signs with them these days.

Well, it looks like we will have pretty solid bench.

I also read that Lakers/Dallas are discussing sign-and-trade Jeremy Lin to Dallas. Hope we can get something in return.. Maybe a 2nd round pick that we lost in trade to Indiana?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #1688
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,518
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Well, it looks like we will have pretty solid bench.

I also read that Lakers/Dallas are discussing sign-and-trade Jeremy Lin to Dallas. Hope we can get something in return.. Maybe a 2nd round pick that we lost in trade to Indiana?

I was thinking the same about the s&t. 2nd rounder would be nice. Anything out of that would be nice

Brandon Bass looks to be signing. They are acquiring decent role players
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #1689
bladefd
Great college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,602
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

I would not mind getting Gerald Green. He is an unrestricted FA that can play SF.

C: Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Robert Sacre
PF: Julius Randle | Tarik Black | Ryan Kelly
SF: Gerald Green | Nick Young | Anthony Brown
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jordan Clarkson
PG: D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams | Jabari Brown


Definitely a top 10 seed. Would just barely miss the playoffs.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #1690
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,548
BallsOut has not been impressing people
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I would not mind getting Gerald Green. He is an unrestricted FA that can play SF.

C: Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Robert Sacre
PF: Julius Randle | Tarik Black | Ryan Kelly
SF: Gerald Green | Nick Young | Anthony Brown
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jordan Clarkson
PG: D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams | Jabari Brown


Definitely a top 10 seed. Would just barely miss the playoffs.

I think Green won't sign back with LA after they waived him a few seasons ago.

Outside of Green, there aren't really any good SFs remaining in free agency. Maybe move Kobe to the 3 spot is our best option. I hope it's something like:

1) Lakers package Robert Sacre + Jabari Brown + Nance Jr + future 2nd round pick to the Pacers for Hibbert. 7 mill remaining in cap space
2) Lakers sign Lou Williams (7 mill). 0 mill remaining in cap space
3) Lakers sign Brandon Bass for veteran's minimum.
4) Lakers resign Jordan Hill using MLE
5) Lakers resign Wayne Ellington using veteran's minimum
6) Lakers S&T Jeremy Lin to Dallas for a future draft pick

PG: D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams
SG: Jordan Clarkson | Anthony Brown | Wayne Ellington
SF: Kobe Bryant | Nick Young | Ryan Kelly
PF: Julius Randle | Jordan Hill | Brandon Bass
C: Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Tarid Black

Kobe operates in the mid post creating for Russell/Clarkson/cutting Randle. Hibbert protects the paint, cleans up the boards and outlet passes to Russell/Clarkson/Randle to run the showtime fastbreak. Lou Williams + Nick Young come in and score 30 pts off the bench with Upshaw/Hill hustling the glass and Brown/Young draining 3s. With declines to Blazers, Clippers and Mavs, that's a playoff team in the West imo. It's good to be hopeful
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #1691
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,879
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I think Green won't sign back with LA after they waived him a few seasons ago.

Outside of Green, there aren't really any good SFs remaining in free agency. Maybe move Kobe to the 3 spot is our best option. I hope it's something like:

1) Lakers package Robert Sacre + Jabari Brown + Nance Jr + future 2nd round pick to the Pacers for Hibbert. 7 mill remaining in cap space
2) Lakers sign Lou Williams (7 mill). 0 mill remaining in cap space
3) Lakers sign Brandon Bass for veteran's minimum.
4) Lakers resign Jordan Hill using MLE
5) Lakers resign Wayne Ellington using veteran's minimum
6) Lakers S&T Jeremy Lin to Dallas for a future draft pick

PG: D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams
SG: Jordan Clarkson | Anthony Brown | Wayne Ellington
SF: Kobe Bryant | Nick Young | Ryan Kelly
PF: Julius Randle | Jordan Hill | Brandon Bass
C: Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Tarid Black

Kobe operates in the mid post creating for Russell/Clarkson/cutting Randle. Hibbert protects the paint, cleans up the boards and outlet passes to Russell/Clarkson/Randle to run the showtime fastbreak. Lou Williams + Nick Young come in and score 30 pts off the bench with Upshaw/Hill hustling the glass and Brown/Young draining 3s. With declines to Blazers, Clippers and Mavs, that's a playoff team in the West imo. It's good to be hopeful
Lakers 104 pts- opponent-112 pts
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #1692
bladefd
Great college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,602
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Well, it looks like our team is almost finalized (barring any trades, of course)

C: Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Robert Sacre
PF: Julius Randle | Brandon Bass | Tarik Black | Ryan Kelly
SF: Nick Young | Anthony Brown
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jordan Clarkson (both Lou Williams & Nick Young can play some SG too)
PG: D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams | Jabari Brown

We might lose any combination of Sacre/Black/Kelly in acquiring Hibbert.

Our C/PF/SG/PG positions are deep and set. We still need a starting SF unless if we start Kobe at SF and go with 2 PG set.. I don't want Nick Young starting at SF -- he is a decent backup only.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #1693
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,518
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

I was listenting to Max and Marcellus and Max made some decent points that I have said and agree with.

Lamarcus Aldridge signing never made much sense. A 30 year old with rookies and second year players didnt make sense to me. By the time the rookies would have been really ready, LA is on the decline. It had more to do with the Lakers front office wanting a big name and be relevant once again. But it didnt make much sense in a long term stand point

Max actually applauded the Hibbert signing as it is a position we needed, doesnt take minutes away from our young core and keeps flexibility for next season as he is a expiring deal.

They got some guys who can play in Lou Williams and Bass and they are solid role players that can help while at the same time maintaining flexibility next year and within the roster.

He also said in a weird way, this is a successful off season bc of the reasons above. They keep the young guys and they will have ample minutes to develop. No one is in front of them to stunt growth. They still have flexibility next season to sign big free agents. Overall, the situation they are in is a positive long term. I know we all wanted the big name guys, but the future is not bad with the makeup of the team now. The problem is that the situation they are in now was by accident and not by design. They struck out of everyone and are just making due with what is available. I am still not confident in the front office. Until they decide to do a revamp and hire new management, I am not sold a winner can be built.

Kobe wont be going to the playoffs his last season but Lakers have some guys who can turn into stars. They will be a better team than last season (I know not too tough lol)
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:54 AM   #1694
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,879
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Well, it looks like our team is almost finalized (barring any trades, of course)

C: Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Robert Sacre
PF: Julius Randle | Brandon Bass | Tarik Black | Ryan Kelly
SF: Nick Young | Anthony Brown
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jordan Clarkson (both Lou Williams & Nick Young can play some SG too)
PG: D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams | Jabari Brown

We might lose any combination of Sacre/Black/Kelly in acquiring Hibbert.

Our C/PF/SG/PG positions are deep and set. We still need a starting SF unless if we start Kobe at SF and go with 2 PG set.. I don't want Nick Young starting at SF -- he is a decent backup only.

BOTH Jabari Brown and Lou Williams are listed as SG by espn. Yes Lou is just 6-2 but he is more of a shooter and his career assists/game is under 3.
I was hoping they could get a veteran PG like Jameer or Mo Williams not just to play and provide leadership but serve as a mentor to Russell. No these guys are not superstars but both of them have been to the finals. Have been the lead PG for their team during their peak...
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #1695
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,879
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I was listenting to Max and Marcellus and Max made some decent points that I have said and agree with.

Lamarcus Aldridge signing never made much sense. A 30 year old with rookies and second year players didnt make sense to me. By the time the rookies would have been really ready, LA is on the decline. It had more to do with the Lakers front office wanting a big name and be relevant once again. But it didnt make much sense in a long term stand point

Max actually applauded the Hibbert signing as it is a position we needed, doesnt take minutes away from our young core and keeps flexibility for next season as he is a expiring deal.

They got some guys who can play in Lou Williams and Bass and they are solid role players that can help while at the same time maintaining flexibility next year and within the roster.

He also said in a weird way, this is a successful off season bc of the reasons above. They keep the young guys and they will have ample minutes to develop. No one is in front of them to stunt growth. They still have flexibility next season to sign big free agents. Overall, the situation they are in is a positive long term. I know we all wanted the big name guys, but the future is not bad with the makeup of the team now. The problem is that the situation they are in now was by accident and not by design. They struck out of everyone and are just making due with what is available. I am still not confident in the front office. Until they decide to do a revamp and hire new management, I am not sold a winner can be built.

Kobe wont be going to the playoffs his last season but Lakers have some guys who can turn into stars. They will be a better team than last season (I know not too tough lol)

Acquiring very good players are important but what about the staff?
Are they committed in hiring the top assistants, mentors to help out maximize their investments?
Who is mentoring Randle and Russell?
Do they have the best nutritionists? sleep specialist, strength/conditioning coaches?
What about the Scouts, are they the best in the business or are they just adequate?
To me, if I am the free agent, I will evaluate the team's willingness to do WHATEVER it takes to make this team the best it can be. If the young players develop fast, the FA's next summer would be impressed if the staff are the best....
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy