Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ray Allen once said Kobe, "needed 2.5 stars to win a ring".. remind you of anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    I don't have idols.

You're an idiot. I can confidently say that without even attempting to explain why, it is blatant.

Good luck!
    Ah there is the ad hominem. The classic sign of a meltdown.
    Glad to see it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Ray Allen once said Kobe, "needed 2.5 stars to win a ring".. remind you of anyone??

So we're just gonna sit here and act like the Spurs and Kings did not exist back during that time...got it.

We gonna act like those teams had multiple superstars?

They were deep. Not full of stars.

The spurs weren

Don't forget prime Rondo
    I wouldn't say in 2008 he was near his prime, but anything 2010 and later I'd say yes.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    I wouldn't say in 2008 he was near his prime, but anything 2010 and later I'd say yes.
    Hey buddy. How many stars are the Celtics going to have next season?

It's funny how Pau Gasol is considered a superstar literally ONLY during those two seasons....no one EVER mentions the "dominant Memphis Grizzlies with Pau" or the Lakers teams after those two championships.

This place is so toxic when it comes to bashing Lakers. Like I get it, your childhood was ruined with Lakers winning 5 titles during a single decade...has this current decade not made up for it on its own without the toxicity?
    Well yeah. That team has been blessed with so many great players since it's inception that the Laker bashing during a time of their rebuild is to be expected. Even LeBron wanted to be like Kobe and so he joined the organization thinking it was the answer when all else had failed resulting in him losing 6 times.

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]We gonna act like those teams had multiple superstars?

The spurs weren

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]We gonna act like those teams had multiple superstars?

The spurs weren

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Peja in 04 was along the lines of a superstar but even then he wasn’t what traditionally would be seen as one. Clearly not anyone to compare to the likes of Kobe.

And Drob?

Impact stats are one thing. Basketball is another.

2000s David was not 90s David. He just wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    David Robinson was still putting up peak impact stats during a few years of that time period... Probably better than Kobe.

He's never mentioned.

In that case, the Lakers only had 1 superstar

Get real.

Ray hates Kobe, google their rivalry.

2.5 is Ray's rating on Grindr.

eh lakers had no significant contributors outside shaq/kobe. That's what gives me doubts about that team smashing other all time teams. early 00s isnt a strong team era especially the East(worse than the lebron era) but there are a few deeper teams definitely where if you add up the talent it's comparable. tbf for allen, 01 bucks is not one of them.

superstar thing is vastly overrated. All you need to win in the NBA is two all-star quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    superstar thing is vastly overrated. All you need to win in the NBA is two all-star quality players.
    Yeah, if you want to ignore the fact that literally all but maybe 2 of the past 40 championship winning teams featured a superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Kawhi never went 1-9 in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Kawhi the only NBA superstar who needed 0 lottery picks (including himself) to get it done. That bald phaggit MJ couldn't even accomplish that feat. Remarkable. GOATwhi