Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Andre Drummond, Deandre Jordan, Clint Capela, Steven Adams. Guys like that.

How do you feel about them? The guys who will play some D(but often less than their reputation), pull down 12-20 rebounds(Adams would minus boxing out for Westbrook I suspect), miss half their free throws, shoot 65%, score 12-17 a game if they have a good connection with their teams primary ball handler, set nice screens, and occasionally posterize someone on a lob or "How did he even get there?" drive from 18 feet.

You could throw last few years Dwight in there too I guess....but not Orlando Dwight. Tyson Chandler in his day.

I think the guy who epitomizes this type currently is Andre Drummond.

Hes put up like 15/15 over the last 5 years. I think hes coming off like a 17/16 season or something wild like that.

Generally speaking nobody gives a ****. I remember Doc hyping Deandre up like some modern day Bill Russell potential type....and they all get paid....but.....do YOU care?

Related....

Deandre Jordan shooting over 70% from the line last year is one of the most impressive things in recent memory to me. Not that he can make 70% as an nba player....but getting past the mental block that is the only reason all these types suck at the line in games when they ALL can shoot in practice.

I think he deserves more props for that.

Doesnt mean I want him on the Bulls....im just saying. Respect is due.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Drummond, Deandre Jordan, Clint Capela, Steven Adams. Guys like that.

These guys are scary to play against so of course having them on your team would be an asset. To a lesser extent Aron Baynes. You utilize them to sacrifice the body and make life easy for your primary scorer. I love Steven Adams. I'll take him on my team all day.

Default Re: Andre Drummond, Deandre Jordan, Clint Capela, Steven Adams. Guys like that.

Steven Adams might be my favorite center in the league right now. I cant put my finger on why.....I just....**** with that guy. If Paul stays there till mid December when the 40% of the NBA not currently able to be traded can be moved to make it easier to trade him....I think Adams puts up 18/13 till then.

5-time NBA All-Star

Tough, scrappy rebounders?

Very good asset to teams. Good compliment to perimeter oriented teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

love Adams too.

^
    Your presence reminded me. Rudy Gobert. I guess hes one of those guys. On the upper end of them but I dont envy the pposition the Jazz are gonna be in when his agent asks for 250 million dollars.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    ^
    Your presence reminded me. Rudy Gobert. I guess hes one of those guys. On the upper end of them but I dont envy the pposition the Jazz are gonna be in when his agent asks for 250 million dollars.
    Going to be an interesting couple of years. Conley and Ingles will both be free agents that summer too and Mitchell will probably get a max contract extension next year while Bojan will still be owed a couple more years. O'Neale will get paid next summer as well. Winning will make things easier

Adams setting screens for CP3 is a scary thought. If Paul has some juice left they can surprise some people. Him and Roberson will be a hell of a defensive backcourt as well.

These guys are generally assets to any title-contending team. The most valuable things a big can do for you are defend and rebound. I think Drummond is the worst player you just listed in terms of impact, and it's because he's the worst real life defender (misleading stats aside), while also demanding more touches than he would EVER get on a team capable of being great.

Dwight Howard even at his best was always a losing player. Rudy Gobert is the antithesis of that; his playstyle would never get in the way of success.

While we're on the subject, Dirk Nowitzki will be the last big man to win a title as his team's most ball-dominant player, at least for the foreseeable future.

While I get what youre saying....I dont think Dirk had the ball all that much around then. He scored like half his points on down screens from whatever guard was standing inconspicuously at the foul line back then.

Very good NBA starter

History say they win championships:

Ben Wallace
    Tyson Chandler
    Andrew Bogut

You could also add someone like Luc Longley who was massive at 7-2lbs and probably close to 300lbs.

Then of course, the big centers who rebound and play defense, but also score:

David Robinson in his last ring, was basically this kind of center (10rpg and 2bpg pr. 36 at age 37). Duncan in his last season before injury was a highly effective DPOY quality center. Shaq of course, but notably, Shaq was less effective in old age, because he didn't really care about playing defense.

You could add old Patrick Ewing, also 15-10-2 pr. 36.

I'd say having such a center, a 15-10-2 strong defense, center is a big time boost for a team looking to contend. The stats prove it, but it really shows in the playoffs. Even a slacker like DeAndre Jordan was very important when Clips beat Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    These guys are generally assets to any title-contending team. The most valuable things a big can do for you are defend and rebound. I think Drummond is the worst player you just listed in terms of impact, and it's because he's the worst real life defender (misleading stats aside), while also demanding more touches than he would EVER get on a team capable of being great.

Dwight Howard even at his best was always a losing player. Rudy Gobert is the antithesis of that; his playstyle would never get in the way of success.

While we're on the subject, Dirk Nowitzki will be the last big man to win a title as his team's most ball-dominant player, at least for the foreseeable future.

I love all those guys. DAJ is on the decline but still good. Capela I believe we are still yet to see his ceiling.

Adams plays the center position like you want him too. He's big, he's tough as nails, he sits hard as screens and is physical, he's one of the best rebounders in the game, plays solid defense with soft touch around the rim. Doesn't demand the ball to impact the game.

i think there are at least 80% of GMs who would like to have Adams in their team.