Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Woj just reported that the Rockets hope to get Butler to force a sign and trade.

Essentially...they wanna talk to butler knowing they have no cap space...get him to agree to tell Philly either they sign/trade him to the Rockets for a package likely based around Eric Gordon...or they lose him for nothing to say....the Lakers(who have nothing to sign/trade).

Im not gonna ask how you think Butler fits on the Rockets for now....what I wanna know....

How do you feel about one team trying to force another team to do a sign and trade with a threat of said player leaving to a third team?

Its smart....but kinda dirty. Hard to walk that back. Thats telling your team I have 2 options....neither is you...but my second choice will totally **** you.

At the behest of another team?

Id imagine the NBA wouldnt wanna go down that path. **** cap space. The Warriors could just sign Kemba to come off the bench by forcing the Hornets to take a sign/trade for Iggy/Livingston/Jones(combined 28 million) and 2 picks. Once you buyout iggy isnt your tank off to a good start when you know Livingston will probably just retire and you keep Jones and 2 picks?

If the other option is he walks for nothing...why not? The general principle?

Im not saying that exact situation would ever play out...im saying something like that would be a lot more feasible in a world after the Rockets pull this off.

Its just the logical next step from guys getting technically sign/traded for more money.....with the added benefit of being able to choose any team to go to even if they lack cap space.

This would make the superteams even easier wouldnt it?

Default Re: Woj just reported that the Rockets hope to get Butler to force a sign and trade.

I kind of want him to be traded to the Rockets that shit would be hilarious.

Default Re: Woj just reported that the Rockets hope to get Butler to force a sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    I kind of want him to be traded to the Rockets that shit would be hilarious.
    This

Perfect fit for HOU

this is what was rumored for paul george and the warriors in 17. George could've joined the warriors through a s&t for like iggy, livingtson, young guy and pick and taken a pay cut to like 20-25mil for a year or two.

Pretty doubtfu for this situation imo, there havent been rumors of that much trouble with butler and philly. Philly seems like a more attractive destination than hou too. I think we'll see a player force their way eventually however.

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    This

Perfect fit for HOU
    It would be like trying to put out a fire with gasoline

I'll gladly take cp3 over nothing.He's use to playing with awful spacing.Maybe he can work with Jumbo Rondo cause he's worthless otherwise without the ball in his hands

God i hate ben simmons....SPACE THE FLOOR YOU STUPID [COLOR="Black"]BI[/COLOR]TCH!

James and Jimmy is fantastic fit.

Make it happen, Daryl.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

With Paul wanting out and Philly needing a pg wouldn't Paul be a natural target? The deal they gave Paul would be crazy to hand to Butler to make the money match but it might also have been crazy to hand to Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    James and Jimmy is fantastic fit.

Make it happen, Daryl.

everyone walks away happy

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    I'll gladly take cp3 over nothing.He's use to playing with awful spacing.Maybe he can work with Jumbo Rondo cause he's worthless otherwise without the ball in his hands

God i hate ben simmons....SPACE THE FLOOR YOU STUPID [COLOR="Black"]BI[/COLOR]TCH!
    They wouldn't be trading CP for him, dawg.

Rockets are anchored with him and that lovely contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    They wouldn't be trading CP for him, dawg.

Rockets are anchored with him and that lovely contract.
    o... ill take gordon.Getting anything back for a player that's leaving anyway is a bonus.Hopefully this forces Redick out the door

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    o... ill take gordon.Getting anything back for a player that's leaving anyway is a bonus.Hopefully this forces Redick out the door

EG would actually be a great fit in Philly. Not only can he shoot and drive it, but he can shoot it from deep deep, giving more needed space to 'ol Benjamin.

Good fit, Capela is a garbage man so Butler is not very compelled to steal his soul.

I love anything that makes Houston better, but I'm concered after seeing the Melo treatment how will someone better be treated. Will they ask him to only shoot 3's and fall in line with Harden? Also Jimmy had to play nice last year because of his situation, nothing will be holding him back with a fresh contract......

with gordon do the sixers let reddick go or do they just go with a embiid, simmons, gordon, reddick, harris lineup? That's actually a pretty good fit