Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lebron wins next 4 championships (6-peat)

Well if the East remains are terrible as it's been in recent years, Jordan would still be the GOAT.

I mean, think about it. They only had to win 2 playoff series' last year to win a championship. Two. The 39 win Bucks and Rose/Deng-less D-League Bulls are nothing more than over-glorified bye weeks. Neither of those teams had any chance of beating the Heat in a 7 game series.

The same thing will happen this year. Outside of the Pacers and Heat, the rest of the East is below .500. Unreal, unprecedented.

4 byes, 4 playoff series wins to earn 2 championships. Those simply cannot be weighted the same way any of Jordan's rings are weighted.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Bill Russell's Celtics won 8 in a row.
    That wasn't actual NBA basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Well if the East remains are terrible as it's been in recent years, Jordan would still be the GOAT.

I mean, think about it. They only had to win 2 playoff series' last year to win a championship. Two. The 39 win Bucks and Rose/Deng-less D-League Bulls are nothing more than over-glorified bye weeks. Neither of those teams had any chance of beating the Heat in a 7 game series.

The same thing will happen this year. Outside of the Pacers and Heat, the rest of the East is below .500. Unreal, unprecedented.

4 byes, 4 playoff series wins to earn 2 championships. Those simply cannot be weighted the same way any of Jordan's rings are weighted.
    Just the whole context of it. The forging alliance of 3x max level contract players in their prime. Losing the first legit championship run that had solid competition, when they were the favorites. The next season being an injury plagued lock out season, the Heat / Thunder being obvious choices to get to the Finals with condensed season and each team having 3x young, fresh leg, legit superstars compared to the rest of the league. Both teams had a built in advantage. I put an asterik next to the '99 Spurs. I kind of have to do the same for the 2012 Heat in a way. Then in 2013 not a single 50 win team faced until the Finals. And in the Finals, all they faced was a pretty good 50 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    #2 behind LeBron

But seriously, Durant will never win a championship. Same with Westbrick.
    I remember in 11 when I was saying the sme thing about Lebron

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    For him to be the GOAT, what can't he do during that span?
    - Wade winning 1 FMVP of those 3?
    - Average less than 20ppg in a finals series?
    - Another "Ray Allen 3-point shot" bailout?
    - Does Wade having 7 championships have any effect on Lebron's GOAT argument?

Or is winning 6 straight still outclassed by Jordan's 6-0 finals record averaging 33/6/6?
    I don't mind / quite like hypotheticals. But, "with X many rings is Player Y GOAT?" discussions? Not so much. Doesn't how he and other players play factor into it?

And if you buy into any one of those preconditions ruling him out from GOAT status regardless of how well he actually plays that's ... sad.

FWIW I'd guess at this point I won't consider him GOAT at the end of his career, but realistically we just don't know.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Except he won't

What if Melo 12-peats?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Just the whole context of it. The forging alliance of 3x max level contract players in their prime. Losing the first legit championship run that had solid competition, when they were the favorites. The next season being an injury plagued lock out season, the Heat / Thunder being obvious choices to get to the Finals with condensed season and each team having 3x young, fresh leg, legit superstars compared to the rest of the league. Both teams had a built in advantage. I put an asterik next to the '99 Spurs. I kind of have to do the same for the 2012 Heat in a way. Then in 2013 not a single 50 win team faced until the Finals. And in the Finals, all they faced was a pretty good 50 win team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    10> 2

birdman birdman

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Except he won't
    If you don't win a ring by age 24 it's probably a safe bet you won't ever win a ring.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]>dat logic[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    If you don't win a ring by age 24 it's probably a safe bet you won't ever win a ring.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]>dat logic[/COLOR]

hey russ..............[COLOR="Navy"]birdman birdman[/COLOR]

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    That wasn't actual NBA basketball
    Still better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I honestly think the Bulls could've won 5 or 6 straight if MJ didn't temporarily retire. I mean they three-peated twice
    If you look at Jordans last 6 years with the bulls where he played more then 17 regular season games he won them all

Its crazy to think that he only played 13 full regular seasons but he was a champ in 6 of them

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I don't think the Bulls would have won in 95 whether Jordan was rusty or not. Horace Grant was a key piece of their defense and while MJ may have been leading the league in scoring, it was the Bulls defense that won them those championships. The fact that they were so good defensively in 94 and 95 is a testament to Pippen as Jordan only played 17 games and wasn't close to what he used to be defensively and Grant was gone, but Scottie still had them ranked 2nd in defense. He was basically forced to play a lot PF on the defensive end because who else was going to, Toni Kukoc? He couldn't defend anyone and just got murdered along with everyone else who they put at PF besides Pippen who used his length and quickness.

They just didn't have the rebounding and toughness up front. Toni Kukoc easily replaced Grants scoring, but he didn't do shit defensively and on the boards like Horace did.

He needs at least 5 more championships, and at least 5 more Finals MVP's.