Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: All Eyes on Houston to win

Will they ever be better than they were under McGrady, Yao, and Van Gundy (great defensive team)?

Bunch of irresponsible, unambitious, complacent losers on that team. They talk championship aspirations, but don't have a fifth of the motivation, intensity, and two-way effort necessary for it unless someone berates them for it.

B-b-b-but it's completely up to the coach to make players try and play defense!

I'm not even sure Lebron could save that team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Will they ever be better than they were under McGrady, Yao, and Van Gundy (great defensive team)?

This pic makes me sad

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Also, will Howard be in jail next year on the statutory charge?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Damn right. If not Houston, OKC will.

Win-win for me.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    They wont actually improve by adding Melo unless they ditch Harden and use his cap space for a better fit.

Lin, Melo, Dwight, Harden, Parsons = too little offensive consistency in the playoffs, too little IQ, and outside of Dwight too little defense.

Id swap Harden for Melo if Im the Rockets and use Harden's room for more complimentary depth. The "big 3" of harden melo dwight is far worse than Miamis big three and cant even compensate with superior depth. That team wont win shit.
    HardenIS a negative impact in the playoffs. Until he puts in effort defensively and stops choking when games really matter this will always be the case. Get Melo, trade for a JJ Reddick type sg and this team has a shot, but keep Harden on that roster with McHale who enables his antics and enjoy your 1st round exits.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Bunch of irresponsible, unambitious, complacent losers on that team. They talk championship aspirations, but don't have a fifth of the motivation, intensity, and two-way effort necessary for it unless someone berates them for it.

B-b-b-but it's completely up to the coach to make players try and play defense!

I'm not even sure Lebron could save that team.
    I really hope Dwight can shake this stigma someday. He seemed like he genuinely tried and did what he could to win against Portland. I thought he'd be the first to throw someone under the bus, but he kept playing D, grabbing boards and let Harden have the ball in iso situations (which is what his coach wanted).