Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Mike Conley vs Kyle Lowry (Did the grizzlies make the right decision?)

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Are both in the top 5-6 PG's so far then?
    Maybe fighting for one of the last spots.

I'd take Curry, Paul, Wall, Westbrook, Dame and Kyrie over both of them. So they are fighting for the 7th/8th spots. And you could maybe argue Lawson in their grouping, if only because he is relied on more by Denver than Lowry or Conley are on their respective teams.

I'm not sure I could pick one over the other and would love to have either one of those guys running point for the Mavericks.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Mike Conley vs Kyle Lowry (Did the grizzlies make the right decision?)

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    conley does everything better but score and that isn't that far off. I don't really value scoring from smaller players anyways and rather that larger skilled players played that role on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    what do you disagree with???

Conley is a better defender and better in running the pg position. Lowry is a better scorer but the gap there isn't much.

How well did it work out for the Raps last year depending on a 6;3 guard to get a basket in traffic over length. Ideally scoring is more valuable from bigger skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Amazing they had both

Big fan of both guys.
    what's more amazing is that houston had Dragic and Lowry and chose Jeremy Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    what's more amazing is that houston had Dragic and Lowry and chose Jeremy Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    At the time, we didn't know that Dragic and Lowry were going to turn out to be this good.
    Disagree, Dragic we really didn't know he could keep this up at a high level, but Lowey was a stud when he was with the Rockets. I was disappointed to hear Lowry had been traded, but most importantly, Lowry had netted us Haden (via the protected pick Toronto gave us), so I'd say Lowry was worth losing. Dragic at the time wasn't seen as worth the player option.