Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-19-2014, 01:34 AM   #1576
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Exactly.

I do look even more cut up than usual though, so it's not all that bad from a visual standpoint lol.

I had a stomach virus a couple of months ago, and lost around 8lbs in less than a week. On one hand my strength tapered off a lil, but damn did I look ripped
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #1577
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I had a stomach virus a couple of months ago, and lost around 8lbs in less than a week. On one hand my strength tapered off a lil, but damn did I look ripped

True. Same goes with drinking at times. When I do drink a lot, wake up the next day dehydrated and look cut as hell.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #1578
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

True. Same goes with drinking at times. When I do drink a lot, wake up the next day dehydrated and look cut as hell.

I don't drink so I can't get that dehydrated look, I basically have to get sick to achieve it

Going to start German Volume training this week, I did it a year and a half ago and liked the results, the hypertrophy is real with it. I'll have to come down a bit in weight, 10x10 with 60% of my max on some lifts just isn't realistic right now.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 AM   #1579
Im Still Ballin
Striving for greatness

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

good video. my lower back has been getting hot last few weeks mainly during my pulls from the ground. going to have a more consistent routine like in the video. makes a lot of sense, in my deadlifts i've been trying to create a tight spine position when im in the position about to pull off the floor. got to lock it up before I go down to pull the bar. didn't think it made a difference but now i can see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-DJu0bEVPw
Im Still Ballin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:30 AM   #1580
abuC
Cuba

Muscle endurance coming back with a vengeance, hit 315 for 14 reps on bench today. That was the 3rd set in the middle of a German Volume training session, 4th set was 335x6, tapered off a bit in that set, but that was the most I've repped 315 in a year. After that I had 6 more sets with 80% my 1rm max, GVT is brutal (10 sets, 10 reps) but I love it and this is my second round of it. I am worried about the volume with my shoulders so I'll probably do 60% my 1rm max and see how it goes.

I also did my back, which wasn't as bad since I do pendlay rows for it. If you want hypertrophy, GVT is the way to go IMO.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #1581
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ramadan and this winter has been tough. Dropped 10 lbs the first week and sleep arms deflated.

Have eaten average around 1000-1500 calories for almost the past year and like 500-750 the past 30 days... (serious). It sucks saving money.

Went to the gym incline benched 160 and willed myself to push it and collapsed after 3 reps
Put on 335 for DL and usually can double overhand for reps... had to amp up and hook it. flunk. Then mix-grip it. Ok. Not good. usually early 400s was when i had to start to mix it as a college student.

On a positive note, made lots of strides with everything else in life

I am fukking determined to be strong as ever.

3 more days and the first thing is hitting the Deadlift, Incline, Dips, Kroc Rows, and Good Mornings with a fierce tenacity. Time to up the fat and protein especially. No more excuses.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #1582
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

am i lacking mid delts?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #1583
Im Still Ballin
Striving for greatness

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Hard to tell when you're hunched over like that

Looks fine to me though. could always throw in a few lateral raises at the end
Old 07-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #1584
Cherry Picker
I shoot 85 %

Cherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputation

Can anyone recommend a good cheapish pre-workout
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #1585
Im Still Ballin
Striving for greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
Can anyone recommend a good cheapish pre-workout
not a fan of pre workout but I had some musclepharm one once. Apple/citric flavour. Was good.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #1586
Cherry Picker
I shoot 85 %

Cherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
not a fan of pre workout but I had some musclepharm one once. Apple/citric flavour. Was good.
Yeah I've never really used anything before but I think one will improve my energy while lifting.
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #1587
Im Still Ballin
Striving for greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
Yeah I've never really used anything before but I think one will improve my energy while lifting.
Yeah i guess if you put it that way. Definitely puts me in a better mindset
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: