Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Duncan is better than Kobe. deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    As a life-long, die-hard Charlotte Hornets fan, it pains me to think about one Kobe Bryant playing the length of career in a Hornets uniform. Alas it was not to be.
    Meh, it's not like you had Shaq to carry the team

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    You try to come off as a reasonable basketball enthusiast, but you're not doing a good job. We all know you hate Kobe and nothing you say about him is relevant. Just be who you are and stop living a lie.

As for your statement, Duncan's had the luxury of having such a great coach, supporting cast and franchise, that he's literally been able to focus a majority of his energy on defense and score here and there for about 7+ years now.

Get a grip, troll.
    Cry me a river. It's not like Kobe didn't have a ready-made GOAT coach (not have to wait for him to develop - came with 6 rings under his belt), MDE, a city that attracts free agents like no other (instead of being a sleepy town that no one wants to go to), and an owner who spends freely on salary way over the luxury tax (lol at $90 million - can you imagine if SAS had that kind of money to spend).

1998 - Duncan
    1999 - Duncan
    2000 - Duncan
    2001 - Wash
    2002 - Duncan
    2003 - Wash
    2004 - Duncan
    2005 - Duncan
    2006 - Kobe
    2007 - Kobe
    2008 - Kobe
    2009 - Kobe
    2010 - Kobe
    2011 - Kobe
    2012 - Kobe
    2013 - Kobe
    2014 - Duncan
    2015 - Duncan

Pretty much tied ...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    1998 - Duncan
    1999 - Duncan
    2000 - Duncan
    2001 - Wash
    2002 - Duncan
    2003 - Wash
    2004 - Duncan
    2005 - Duncan
    2006 - Kobe
    2007 - Kobe
    2008 - Kobe
    2009 - Kobe
    2010 - Kobe
    2011 - Kobe
    2012 - Kobe
    2013 - Kobe
    2014 - Duncan
    2015 - Duncan

Pretty much tied ...
    I don't think this is a good way to compare players unless the question is specifically which player was better each year.

Having said that...how in the hell is 03 a wash?

1998 - Duncan
    1999 - Duncan
    2000 - Duncan
    2001 - Wash
    2002 - Duncan
    2003 - Wash
    2004 - Duncan
    2005 - Duncan
    2006 - Kobe
    2007 - Kobe
    2008 - Kobe
    2009 - Kobe
    2010 - Kobe
    2011 - Kobe
    2012 - Kobe
    2013 - Kobe
    2014 - Duncan
    2015 - Duncan

Pretty much tied ...
    2003 is not a wash. Maybe it is in the reg (still Duncan gets the edge). In the Playoffs Duncan was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I don't think this is a good way to compare players unless the question is specifically which player was better each year.

Having said that...how in the hell is 03 a wash?
    Because Kobe was quite ridiculous in 2003.

If Shaq wasn't lazy AF, and so grotesquely out of shape ... unlike how he was when he went to Miami. And if the Lakers organization didn't get lazy and content feeling like rolling Shaq / Kobe out there every year alone was enough to win a ring, nor did they let the roster rot around those two. I see the Lakers beating the Spurs in the playoffs. Same way they did with some upgrades the very next season.

I call it a wash based off eye test. If you want to go by accomplishment ... then sure Duncan can have 2003.

But using that same criteria Kobe gets 2001, especially cause he took a dump on the Spurs in the playoffs.

And we are back at them being tied again.

Because Kobe was quite ridiculous in 2003. If Shaq wasn't lazy AF, and so grotesquely out of shape ... unlike how he was when he went to Miami. And if the Lakers organization didn't get lazy and content feeling like rolling Shaq / Kobe out there every year alone was enough to win a ring, nor did they let the roster rot around those two. I see the Lakers beating the Spurs in the playoffs. Same way they did with some upgrades the very next season. I call it a wash based off eye test. If you want to go by accomplishment ... then sure Duncan can have 2003. But using that same criteria Kobe gets 2001, especially cause he took a dump on the Spurs in the playoffs. And we are back at them being tied again.
    It's not accomplishments for me at all.

Kobe just shot more than he did in 02....played less team ball.

Duncan was at the peak of his powers in 03. He was a true monster on both sides of the ball.

Kobe was not as good of a player as Duncan was that year.

I don't care about the year by year stuff like I said...I'm just telling you that objectively there is simply no way to argue Kobe was as good as Duncan in 03.

Yo Kenny I screenshots all of these posts and sent them to Kobe on twitter.

Gino ... I said you could give 2003 to Duncan without much argument from me. That's why I called it a wash originally.

But I'm not going to sit here and act like Kobe wasn't near equally stunning that season.

I wanted to rank them out season by season who was better. It's a good barometer of comparison of who was better for their career.

We can give Kobe 2001. They're about equal all things considering. All we definitively know is LeBron has been better than both.

Gino ... I said you could give 2003 to Duncan without much argument from me. That's why I called it a wash originally.

But I'm not going to sit here and act like Kobe wasn't near equally stunning that season.

I wanted to rank them out season by season who was better. It's a good barometer of comparison of who was better for their career.

We can give Kobe 2001. They're about equal all things considering. All we definitively know is LeBron has been better than both.
    And I disagree with both those statements. I don't think it's a good barometer for who has been better for their career and I don't think 03 was a wash.

Certainly not if you are giving 13 to Kobe. How the hell is that not a wash if 03 was?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    And I disagree with both those statements. I don't think it's a good barometer for who has been better for their career and I don't think 03 was a wash.

Certainly not if you are giving 13 to Kobe. How the hell is that not a wash if 03 was?
    I heard you. And I said I wouldn't have issue with you saying Duncan was better in 2003. I agree.

So what are you trying to argue this time? Do you just like arguing ...

I think before the injury it's pretty easy to say Kobe was better than Duncan individually in 2013.

And I think it's a safe comparisons when you look at year by year who the better ball player was each season, add it up and you get a great comparison over the course of the sum of their career who was better between 2x players.

[HTML][HTML][/HTML][/HTML]
    I heard you. And I said I wouldn't have issue with you saying Duncan was better in 2003. I agree.

So what are you trying to argue this time? Do you just like arguing ...

I think before the injury it's pretty easy to say Kobe was better than Duncan individually in 2013.

And I think it's a safe comparisons when you look at year by year who the better ball player was each season, add it up and you get a great comparison over the course of the sum of their career who was better between 2x players.
    What do you mean? I have spelled it out clearly.

1. I don't think going year by year is the best way at all. I think it can be fine to add into a discussion, but I don't think it should be the main focus or anything like that. Specifically because some years are closer than others and you'd have to account for that.

2. I disagreed with the 03 thing. And I disagree with 13. I don't think it's safe to say that at all. I think it's safe to say that both were playing great basketball that year. But I'd rather have Duncan....rather easily on a team trying to win a title in a vacuum in 13. Kobe had basically given up even pretending to try on defense and was hardly playing a style that got the most out of his teammates.

Which caused people to write and say things like this;

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...istoric-season

3. Yes, I do like to argue, but that isn't relevant to me just not agreeing with what you've said.