Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Larry Bird, 30 points, 12 Rebounds, 10 assists, 9 steals, 0 minutes in 4th quarter

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-02-...6_1_larry-bird
    I just barely read this and was absolutely stunned, he did all this work in just 33 minutes! Apparently Larry knew he was just one steal away, but he chose not to play in the 4th quarter anyway. The dude was so good, it's a shame that I never go to see him play live. Easily the most impressive game I've never heard of. Maybe it's been mentioned here before, but I had never seen it. Top 5 (player) all-time

Default Re: Larry Bird, 30 points, 12 Rebounds, 10 assists, 9 steals, 0 minutes in 4th quarter

And all this while playing within the flow of the offensive game of his team, unlike others

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Bird, 30 points, 12 Rebounds, 10 assists, 9 steals, 0 minutes in 4th quarter

Greatest SF of all time.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=390570

had a thread about this yesterday bruh

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Greatest SF of all time.

Did all that while playing off-ball. One of, if not, the GOAT off-ball player. The ultimate non-stat padder. Rather sit out the rest of the game and increase his and his team's chances of winning further down the line. GOAT SF gonna GOAT.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

it's like Kobe putting up 62 in 3 quarters and sitting up the 4th

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=390570

had a thread about this yesterday bruh
    Yeah I didn't really read that other thread. It's all good though, no worries

Bird sat out the entire fourth quarter. After playing the third quarter, head coach K. C. Jones informed Bird that he was one steal away from a quadruple-double and asked if he wanted to stay in the game. Bird declined, saying that he "already did enough damage."

Few of Bird's highlights from that game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t6TFJwSBWo

I think that Utah had the league's best ranked defense in 1985, mostly due to them having Eaton down the middle... But their fastbreak defense wasn't great (also because they wanted to quickly run to the other end), and they didn't really have nobody to really check Bird 1on1... Dantley didn't give a **** about defense but could've used his bulk/strength to guard Bird in the post; AD didn't play though... Thurl Bailey was 6'11, athletic and could play D but it was tough for him to keep up with Larry on the perimeter... Bob Hansen was athletic but too small.
    Bird exploited all of that and was just killing them EVERYWHERE. Celtics gave the Jazz no chance, with great offense and playing suffocating D.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...502180UTA.html

TomBrady

Massachusetts collects the greatest players of all time.

Very good NBA starter

GOAT

Legend

Bird was such a boss

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Greatest SF of all time.

Top 5 all time.

NBA Superstar

Wish I could have watched him. So bad.