Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Hassan Whiteside Adds 30lbs of Muscle

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...uch-bigger.php

Sounds like the Kings have gotten themselves a guy who is dedicated to putting weight on. 25-30lbs of muscle is pretty impressive since Summer League. Kings must have a great strength & conditioning coach.

Before(June):
    http://pix.kingsconnect.com/wp-conte...DeMarcus41.jpg

Present(September):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C3w9RSzIgw

Looks like they're trying to build him up physically like the Magic did with Dwight.

Kings have an excellent future.
    Last edited by Rowe; 10-04-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Default Re: Hassan Whiteside Adds 30lbs of Muscle

I just wonder where all the playing time will go.

Cousins/Whiteside/Dalembert/Thompson

I was really high on whiteside. I thought he would be the one the Jazz would draft with that pick your organization so gracefully let us have. But during workouts he failed miserably at the interviews and seemed to have a low Bball IQ

He has a lot of potential but has a lot of work to do.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Scary , this guy is a good scorer and AN AMAZING SHOT BLOCKER. I wanted dumars to draft him with that 2nd round pick. I'm sad now. They will be a beast team in the west. I would like to see them make the 8th spot for the playoffs.

30 pounds in a couple months is impossible without steroids. Hell even with steroids you wouldnt gain 30 pounds of muscle in a couple months.

25-30lbs pounds of muscle my ass. Dude is bigger but not that much bigger.

Anyway, I like Sacramentos squad. Lots of talent with Evans,Cousins, and this kid. I'm really looking forward to watching them.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Skep

I was really high on whiteside. I thought he would be the one the Jazz would draft with that pick your organization so gracefully let us have. But during workouts he failed miserably at the interviews and seemed to have a low Bball IQ

I'm suprised you said that, i watched his college games and his IQ is up there. It might have been the pressure of the draft that made him look that bad.

Dont forget Landry, their starting PF.

I think they're going to try to ease Whiteside into Dalembert's role as a shotblocker at the 4 or 5. Then move Dalembert's expirer. He might go down to the NBDL, considering the Kings utilize Reno for their young guys.

Im glad you guys had that pick, at least you took a scrub like Hayward instead of taking some future All Star player.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

100% impossible to add that much muscle mass in that time frame. It'd take you 1-2 years to do that without steroids.

Banned

In one summer, Impressive!

But does he have any skills? Athleticism can only take so far, ask Dwight 20/13

Heat|Lakers|Celtics

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

****ing impossible to add that much muscle in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by lilWesleyJ4
    30 pounds in a couple months is impossible without steroids. Hell even with steroids you wouldnt gain 30 pounds of muscle in a couple months.
    Not at all. Look at his frail frame, its much easier to put on muscle when you're a skinny guy like that. There was no muscle there whatsoever, all he needed was to spend 3-4 months in the weight room under guidance from their S&T coach.

Its harder for skinny guys like that to gain weight(fat) than to gain muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Dont forget Landry, their starting PF.

I think they're going to try to ease Whiteside into Dalembert's role as a shotblocker at the 4 or 5. Then move Dalembert's expirer. He might go down to the NBDL, considering the Kings utilize Reno for their young guys.

Im glad you guys had that pick, at least you took a scrub like Hayward instead of taking some future All Star player.

At first I hated the pick. I wanted to fire KOC, I thought they shouldve gone with Paul George because he has more upside. But during Summer League/Training Camp he has shown he has a great Bball IQ and his shooting is great. I can see him being a great Roleplayer for the Jazz. Also he kinda fits the mold of this guy:
    vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Not saying he will amount to anything thats comparable to Larry, but they are the same body type/height. And both are from Indiana.

Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    100% impossible to add that much muscle mass in that time frame. It'd take you 1-2 years to do that without steroids.
    1. Its not impossible.

2. "It'd take you......" Key word right there. You're not a professional player. Neither are any of us really.

At first I hated the pick. I wanted to fire KOC, I thought they shouldve gone with Paul George because he has more upside. But during Summer League/Training Camp he has shown he has a great Bball IQ and his shooting is great. I can see him being a great Roleplayer for the Jazz. Also he kinda fits the mold of this guy:
    vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Not saying he will amount to anything thats comparable to Larry, but they are the same body type/height. And both are from Indiana.

Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.
    As a Knick fan, of course I'm not rooting for him now. But pre-draft, I definetly thought he could find himself a role if he works on becoming a better catch & shoot type of guy, and if his handle could translate to the NBA game.

Hopefully for our sake he doesn't become anything like Bird and nobody will remember that we gave you that pick, just like Tyrus Thomas.