Default Charlotte Hornets

I haven't watched a game of the Hornets yet (I'd like to and will eventually) , They are currently 4-6 , So for the people who watched them , whats going on? Are they really just an average team or are they having chemistry problems and will eventually be better? Also how's Stephenson,Kemba and MKG doing? 3 of my favorite players in the league , gonna start watching Hornets games.

I am your soldier!

Default Re: Charlotte Hornets

I haven't watched them yet either, but MKG has been banged up. He's missed a good chunk of time for me in fantasy.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I watched 4 or 5 of their games.

Marvin/Al Jeff frontcourt is not working. Marvin not doing much and Al Jeff is somehow playing less defense than he normally does.

Zeller is playing pretty well and Vonleh played his first game, so maybe one of them can make a move into the starting lineup soon.

Their coach seems to think giving it to Al Jeff every possession is a good thing. It's not.

Little perimeter shooting. Very little. Almost all of it comes off the bench (Neal and Hairston).

Lance still working his way into the offense. Early on he was way too passive. Now he's getting better. Still, he and Kemba don't look like a great fit to me tho.

Injury problems to rotation guys. Vonleh has been injured, MKG is currently injured, Lance has been playing injured, Henderson has been injured.

They have a second round ceiling, anyway. They're playing a little below that now. Last two lottery picks have been PFs, so ideally one of them pans out. They need shooters, or shooters in the starting lineup. Not sure where that comes from, outside of Kemba. Unless you bench MKG or Lance...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious

Marvin/Al Jeff frontcourt is not working. Marvin not doing much and Al Jeff is somehow playing less defense than he normally does.

Zeller is playing pretty well and Vonleh played his first game, so maybe one of them can make a move into the starting lineup soon.

Their coach seems to think giving it to Al Jeff every possession is a good thing. It's not.

Little perimeter shooting. Very little. Almost all of it comes off the bench (Neal and Hairston).

Lance still working his way into the offense. Early on he was way too passive. Now he's getting better. Still, he and Kemba don't look like a great fit to me tho.

Injury problems to rotation guys. Vonleh has been injured, MKG is currently injured, Lance has been playing injured, Henderson has been injured.

They have a second round ceiling, anyway. They're playing a little below that now. Last two lottery picks have been PFs, so ideally one of them pans out. They need shooters, or shooters in the starting lineup. Not sure where that comes from, outside of Kemba. Unless you bench MKG or Lance...
    Are there any reports that they'll move Marvin to the bench? I think they need to let one of the young guys get a shot, especially after spending two lotto picks on PFs. They've started Hairston since MKG hurt his foot right? Wonder if they'll stick with that line-up. I predicted them to win a first round series, but I guess the pieces fit even worse than I anticipated.

williams has been terrible, hes not reliable enough to be their stretch 4. i think they should start zeller over him

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    williams has been terrible, hes not reliable enough to be their stretch 4. i think they should start zeller over him
    Zeller ****ing sucks

their BIGGEST problem by far is the same as it's been for years -- a lack of outside shooting. nobody's afraid of the hornets taking jumpers

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Zeller ****ing sucks
    Zeller has been much better recently. Certainly a better option than Williams.

looked really horrible against the Lakers, Stephenson on offense is just garbage... Jefferson is the only bright spot on that team. They will still end up winning 40+ games, IMO. Stephenson will not shoot this badly all season, their defense will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Zeller ****ing sucks
    and ur point? so is marvin lol but at least hes young and hes actually productive out there

Serious playground baller

1. Al Jefferson and Marvin Williams are not working. Zeller brings more to the table except threes and I expect Zeller to grab the starting role as the season progress.

2. MKG is the hornets MVP right know , always bring his A game and on his way to becoming an elite defender (just watch the game vs new york) when he disrupt several fastbreak attempts. His jumper is still a work in progress but he is at last given the green light to launch em.

3. Kemba, if he could increase his 3 ball percentage to 40% then his chuckness tendency is forgiven.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious

Marvin and Jefferson not winning? Call me surprised!

Shooters aren't going to help when Jefferson isn't going to kick the ball to them.

Zeller has been much better recently. Certainly a better option than Williams.
    Not saying much. Marvin could be a decent bench guy I think. Too bad they're paying him so much!

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

They have been exciting. Especially that Lance game winner.