Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who do you respect more.. Kobe or Lance Armstrong?

Title.

Default Re: Who do you respect more.. Kobe or Lance Armstrong?

Armstrong is a fake. Busted for steroids. He's a terrible role model for any sport. Was the GOAT but now the WOAT cus lies and deceit.
    Kobe, on the other hand, is still da GOAT even if he raped a girl.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Lance Armstrong didn't need prime Shaq so him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Lance Armstrong didn't need prime Shaq so him.
    Word.

Just needed blood transfusions and EPO.

I still respect Lance as a competitor though. Dude is one tough cookie. Still one of the greatest athletes ever IMO.... blood doping or not. Practically everyone was doing it anyway, he just did it better and wanted it more. True sociopath.

Kobe.

Easy one.

One is a lying, cheating, egocentric fraud, and the other has 1 testicle.

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Thanks Jeff for the Ignore function

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Armstrong is a fake. Busted for steroids. He's a terrible role model for any sport. Was the GOAT but now the WOAT cus lies and deceit.
    Kobe, on the other hand, is still da GOAT even if he raped a girl.
    like 80% of the best syclists in the world aint using PED's

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

In 1998 8 of the top 10 in the tour de France are now tied to doping.

In 99(Lances first win) its 7 of 10.

2000 its 9 of 10

2001 8 of 10

2002 8 of 10

2003 8 of 10

2004 8 of 10

2005 9 of 10

And the one "clean" guy in 2005?

Hes a client of this guy who gave Lance some of the drugs:

Michele Ferrari (born 26 March 1953) is an Italian physician, cycling coach and author. On 10 July 2012 the United States Anti-Doping Agency issued Ferrari a lifetime sports ban for numerous anti-doping violations including possession, trafficking, administration and assisting doping.[1]

So hes not directly known to be on drugs but...cmon.

I consider it cheating when you have an unfair advantage over the people you play with.

If all the other top guys are doing the same thing its not so much cheating to me...

Not sure what to call it....but if the ENTIRE TOP 10...is doing the same thing?

Maybe some low level guys were clean. But its a BS sport really. Not because of the cheating so muh as the people involved with it acting like the people caught cheating are especially vile.

I dont know shit about cycling and I know most of the best have been on drugs since the 50s. The in sport critics have to know the same.

They are just talking shit in public to put the sport in a better light.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I dont know shit about cycling and I know most of the best have been on drugs since the 50s. The in sport critics have to know the same.
    From what I've heard on the radio or read online, it sounds like Lance was a bad dude because he would go out of his way to destroy people's careers if they crossed him or threatened to expose him. If someone would go to the media to accuse him, he would respond by going on radio shows proclaming his innocence and denouncing his detractors.

It's one thing to cheat in a sport filled with cheaters. It's another thing to lie so boldly, deceiving people into thinking your this great humanitarian, and going after people who threaten your image. That's the real bad part about Lance. Despite all the good he did with his Live Strong.

Everyone cheats in Cycling. Armstrong was just too successful to hide all the cheating.

Even on the coattails of two hall of famers, Kobe still can't break top 10 status. Also rape + chucking.

http://vimeo.com/89723547

you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    From what I've heard on the radio or read online, it sounds like Lance was a bad dude because he would go out of his way to destroy people's careers if they crossed him or threatened to expose him. If someone would go to the media to accuse him, he would respond by going on radio shows proclaming his innocence and denouncing his detractors.

It's one thing to cheat in a sport filled with cheaters. It's another thing to lie so boldly, deceiving people into thinking your this great humanitarian, and going after people who threaten your image. That's the real bad part about Lance. Despite all the good he did with his Live Strong.
    And livestrong is a big reason for why he was so defensive. He had the trust of millions of people worldwide and was honestly a legit hero to the cancer community. I'm not condoning what he did, but I get it.

And in his mind, he didn't cheat. It was physically impossible to win the race without "cheating"

To work that hard and suffer like he did only to be shunned as a fraud is kinda wack to me...

He won those races, regardless of what the record books say.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    To work that hard and suffer like he did only to be shunned as a fraud is kinda wack to me...

He won those races, regardless of what the record books say.
    He won those races, but he won them cheating. Doesn't matter if everyone else was doing it. He boldly lied about being clean, got caught, and paid the price. Cylcing is a very dirty sport, and it needed to be cleaned up. It's not fair that anyone who has aspirations has to cheat to compete (put shit in their bodies). And that filters down to younger cyclists.

It's one thing if Lance just cheated like everyone else and said nothing. Then it would be like, oh well, he was like everyone else in the sport, but got caught. And it is against the rules. Just like in Track & Field when the occasional star gets busted there and is banned or has their medal(s) and record(s) stripped (Ben Johnson anyone).

But the backlash is over what he did to protect his image, not that he simply cheated like lots of others have done.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

no brainer, black mamba