Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Curry is better than Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Curry shoots better than Kobe from single part of the floor.

On lesser shots.

Kobe comes from the volume scoring era.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Better than Kobe Bryant?
    Honestly don't know, I'd need to see their %'s

I don't think its a dumb argument if someone says Steph is offensively better than Kobe, though

Curry right now is better than Kobe ever was, regardless of these breakdowns.

Just like he's better than Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, LeBron ever were.

On lesser shots.

Kobe comes from the volume scoring era.
    Kobe has 2 seasons where he scored as much as Curry this season and he did them in 40 minutes. That's an awful argument

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

Regular season, sure you can argue for it. I'll need to see Steph in the playoffs first, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Honestly don't know, I'd need to see their %'s

I don't think its a dumb argument if someone says Steph is offensively better than Kobe, though
    There's definitely an argument for that, but we'll see how Curry does with longevity and consistency when compared to Kobe.

But I still think Kobe is the better shot creator and is just the more rounded fundamentally sound scorer. His arsenal just can't be matched. Getting to his spots with Footwork etc. But i'll admit Curry is right there with his footwork already.

There's definitely an argument for that, but we'll see how Curry does with longevity and consistency when compared to Kobe.

But I still think Kobe is the better shot creator and is just the more rounded fundamentally sound scorer. His arsenal just can't be matched. Getting to his spots with Footwork etc. But i'll admit Curry is right there with his footwork already.
    Hopefully Steph can keep up this dominance for a few more years

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Kobe has 2 seasons where he scored as much as Curry this season and he did them in 40 minutes. That's an awful argument
    My point was we'll never know who Kobe would be if he cared about how many shots he should or should not take get me? He has that Iverson mind set, he was just more successful doing it.

A lot of what they're currently crowning Curry as GOAT for , Kobe did for at least two straight seasons and he was on a way worse Team with way less talent and what I consider to be a tougher conference of that time. Mid 00's Suns, Spurs and Mavs?

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

Just stop speaking on basketball, you're really clueless to the game.
    Curry has been on more talented rosters to open up his range and has had health on his side.
    Kobe is still better.

My point was we'll never know who Kobe would be if he cared about how many shots he should or should not take get me? He has that Iverson mind set, he was just more successful doing it.

A lot of what they're currently crowning Curry as GOAT for , Kobe did for at least two straight seasons and he was on a way worse Team with way less talent and what I consider to be a tougher conference of that time. Mid 00's Suns, Spurs and Mavs?
    Kobe has literally never done what CUrry is doing. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Kobe has literally never done what CUrry is doing. Stop.
    Kobe dropped 81 and 62 on a Finals Team in 3 quarters. Averaged 40 for like a month.

I think you have that mixed up.

Kobe dropped 81 and 62 on a Finals Team in 3 quarters. Averaged 40 for like a month.

Jameer is an idiot, just ignore him.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Currently is significantly better than Kobe ever was at every aspect of offense, with the exception of his post game (and Curry is a PG with absolutely no need for a post game, so that's completely irrelevant).

Shooting? No need to elaborate.

Ball-handling? Same as above. Curry is a wizard with the ball in a way that Kobe never was.

Finishing at the rim? Curry is the best finisher of any non-big man right now. He has some of the most elegant finishes in the league.

Passing? Curry averages 6.6 assists, and I'd even say that he's still an underrated passer. He's not at the Nash level of passing and playmaking, but he's great on his own right.

All of this is essentially undeniable. It's supported by Curry's complete and utter of dominance over Bryant in literally every offensive statistic, as well as by the eye-test, by team success, and really by any metric you want to use. That's not gonna stop deluded Stans like OP from denying it, but some people just refuse to acknowledge reality.

For the record, Kobe in the first half of his career was a far better defender than Curry ever will be. A better rebounder too, but otherwise Curry's superiority is clear.
    Last edited by SuperPippen; 02-28-2016 at 07:01 PM.

he's never been at the efficiency curry has. kobe needed a lot of shot attempts to put up his points. curry hardly needs any. curry is better than kobe ever was and it's very clear to everyone that isn't a stan.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Currently is significantly better than Kobe ever was at every aspect of offense, with the exception of his post game (and Curry is a PG with absolutely no need for a post game, so that's completely irrelevant).

Shooting? No need to elaborate.

Ball-handling? Same as above. Curry is a wizard with the ball in a way that Kobe never was.

Finishing at the rim? Curry is the best finisher of any non-big man right now. He has some of the most elegant finishes in the league.

Passing? Curry averages 6.6 assists, and I'd even say that he's still an underrated passer. He's not at the Nash level of passing and playmaking, but he's great on his own right.

All of this is essentially undeniable. It's supported by Curry's complete and utter of dominance over Bryant in literally every offensive statistic, as well as by the eye-test, by team success, and really by any metric you want to use. That's not gonna stop deludes Stan's like OP from denying it, but some people just refuse to acknowledge reality.

For the record, Kobe in the first half of his career was a far better defender than Curry ever will be. A better rebounder too, but otherwise Curry's superiority is clear.
    Yep. ^