Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why do James Harden's efficiency decline so hard in the playoff?

I don't know about refs swallowing their whistles. He seemed to get the same amount of calls on drives as during the regular season.

Teams game planning for him? You think they DON'T gameplan for him during the RS?

I think he just chokes. Come playoff time, he takes a dump. Pressure gets to him and he can't handle it.

He was plain TIMID against Portland. Wes Matthews got in his head and mind****ed him. I know Matthews is a respectable defender but Harden barely was even able to drive on him. His midrange and 3 were shit and he was rendered useless. Someone needs to put up that gif of him with the ball with the clock running down and he has no plan or anywhere to go.

That was pretty much him in a nutshell for the series overall. Choked, shot wasn't falling and he had no plan B.

Playoff Basketball:

- Refs swallow their whistles, more physicality
    - More prepared, executed defensive gameplans
    - No wide open, uncontested 3 pointers
    - No easy baskets at the rim
    - Slower pace, more half court play
    - Mid Range becomes valuable
    - Post Game becomes valuable

All of this is KRYPTONITE to Harden. As well as playoff series spending multiple nights in states with quality strip clubs. Like Miami.

Game slows down, the Trailblazers game planned to give Harden decent looks at the midrange, which he isn't used to taking, so he continues to focus on driving into the lane when the big man is already expecting it.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

All of this is KRYPTONITE to Harden. As well as playoff series spending multiple nights in states with quality strip clubs. Like Miami.
    i wasnt aware you actually knew james harden personally? do you guys chat it up regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Playoff Basketball:

- Refs swallow their whistles, more physicality
    - More prepared, executed defensive gameplans
    - No wide open, uncontested 3 pointers
    - No easy baskets at the rim
    - Slower pace, more half court play
    - Mid Range becomes valuable
    - Post Game becomes valuable

Harden shot 40% from 3-10 feet and 46% from 10-16ft.

If anything the mid range shot is one of his best.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Harden shot 40% from 3-10 feet and 46% from 10-16ft.

If anything the mid range shot is one of his best.
    How many attempts and what percentage of his total FGA were from those ranges?

I saw Harden shooting too many 3s in the playoffs. He needs to cut that out, and take more midrange shots. I know he had a decent % too from midrange, but no more 3-11 on 3s in the playoffs. Frankly I got tired of seeing that.

Now that the whole world hates Harden, I catch myself rooting for him more and more. And I didn't much like him because of his defense.

I notice LA Clippers has always been able to shut down Harden. Not just limit but plain shut him down. To consistently shut down a star is definitely not easy. What do they do right?

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    Dude just doesn't know what to do when out of his comfort zone so he either gets rid of the ball or chucks it.
    This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2kOuBQHUrY

What is frustrating is that we all know he's a great passer and above average playmaker. He could be averaging like 20/5/9 if he wanted to. But instead he chooses to chuck away the game.