Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Bynum for Chris Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick
    Nono theres better deals out there, I agree, just saying that you immediately talk clippers every thread. Meh, I guess its somewhat relevant.
    I wasn't even tooting my horn. I took exception to him claiming it was by far the best offer out there when the Clippers are offering a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I wasn't even tooting my horn. I took exception to him claiming it was by far the best offer out there when the Clippers are offering a lot more.
    Oh please....how many teams would rather have Gordon than Bynum?

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    I'd say about 20+. One player would of possibly made the all star team before his injury.. the other had zero chance this year. Bynum impacts the game more in some ways obviously as a big man.. but no way in hell the average fan says Bynum>Gordon right now.

I don't know, how many teams need someone to warm their bench up for 30 games a year?

I'm sure many teams in need of perimeter scoring would take EJ. The Bulls would definitely take EJ over Bynum. It doesn't show who's a better player, some teams have different needs.

Breaking it down each team...
    76ers-Hard to say, they could use help at both spots
    Bobcats-They have a lot of young perimeter players, so probably Bynum
    Bucks-Definitely EJ, they have Bogut already
    Bulls-EJ, as I said
    Cavs-They could probably use either player. Hard to say. Maybe Bynum though
    Celtics-Would rather have Bynum, they could use an upgrade from Jermaine O'neal's corpse at Center
    Clippers-They're fine with EJ, and I'm sure they wouldn't give him up for Bynum when they have Kaman and D. Jordan
    Grizzlies-They'd love EJ so they could dump Mayo and make T. Allen a backup again. They don't need Bynum, they'll focus on resigning Gasol.
    Hawks-Hard to say. If they had EJ, they could move JJ to SF, but if they had Bynum, they could move Horford to PF.
    Heat-They need a center, so they'd take Bynum in a heartbeat. No need for EJ w/Wade.
    Hornets-Probably EJ.
    Jazz-They have a lot of big men and need a SG, so EJ for sure
    Kings-They have WAY too many SG types, but they already have Cousins Hickson and Thompson. I guess Bynum, but they don't really need either desperately.
    Knicks-Bynum. They need a defensive anchor who has some offensive skills more than they need another scorer (they have Melo and STAT)
    Lakers-I'm sure they're fine with Bynum. No way they dump Kobe for EJ anyways.
    Magic-For the moment, they still have D12 so EJ because that might convince D12 to stay.
    Mavs-Probably EJ, unless Chandler leaves.
    Nets-EJ. They could use a good SG.
    Nuggets-Depends on who leaves and who stays.
    Pacers-EJ.
    Pistons-EJ. Hamilton is ageing, they seem to like Monroe a lot at C.
    Raptors-Derozan is their SG of the future, so maybe Bynum, because then Bargnani wouldn't be at C anymore Lol.
    Rockets-Bynum. They have KMart at SG, and could use Bynum at C and get Chuck Hayes back to being an energy guy off the bench.
    Thunder-Bynum.
    Spurs-Bynum.
    Suns-EJ
    TWolves-Bynum.
    Blazers-Really depends.
    Warriors-Bynum. Need a good defender desperately lol.
    Wizards-Not sure they'd really need either atm.
    Last edited by RRR3; 11-30-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm sure many teams in need of perimeter scoring would take EJ. The Bulls would definitely take EJ over Bynum.
    I should alter that statement. I think Gordon would have a 20-10 edge if you asked GM's. That being said Bynum isn't way worse or anything... but to make it sound like he's easily MORE valuable is laughable.

Noah's 26 and has less potential thn Bynum
    Noah actually plays though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Noah actually plays though.
    +1

OBVIOUS IS OBVIOUS.

If he had no knee ?'s, 90% teams take Bynum over Gordon.

Fact is he has serious ?'s overs knees.

So its a team by team basis, with majority taking Gordon.

Don't need a scouting report. Right now is Bynum better than Gordon?
    Not by a huge amount, but I think Bynum has a greater upside and would give NO needed height.

[COLOR="Blue"]10-11 Season Averages[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]Andrew Bynum:[/COLOR] 11.3 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.4 SPG, 2.0 BPG, 1.37 TO, 57.4% FG
    [COLOR="Sienna"]Eric Gordon:[/COLOR] 22.3 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 4.4 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.70 TO, 45.0% FG

[COLOR="Red"]Best Career Rankings[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]Andrew Bynum:[/COLOR] 6th in Blocks Per Game (Season), 4th in Offensive Rebounds Per Game (Playoffs), 5th in Double-Doubles (Playoffs), 5th in Rebounds per 48 Minutes (Playoffs)
    [COLOR="Sienna"]Eric Gordon:[/COLOR] 16th in Points Per 48 Minutes in (Season)

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    OBVIOUS IS OBVIOUS.

If he had no knee ?'s, 90% teams take Bynum over Gordon.

Fact is he has serious ?'s overs knees.
    Same applies to Noah

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

As a Laker fan, I'd rather keep Bynum. He's the only player remaining on the team that we can build around. Honestly, if we never acquired Gasol in 2008; Bynum would probably be an All-Star already. His impact is far greater without Gasol on the floor, and vice versa.

I like the Anthony for Bynum deal more then this one; Paul isn't exactly "young". He is nearing 30 and there are questions regarding his ability to stay healthy at this stage of his career.

People are underrating Bynum though, this guy is a top three centers in this league without Gasol on the floor. Those two do not compliment each other at all. I'd rather see Bynum come off the bench, and Lamar start this season. I think he'll be a lot more active on both ends if he's playing with players who lean on him to contribute. I just think Bynum losses awareness on the court whenever he isn't the focal point in the post.

However, I think he did a fine job last year after the all-star break defensively. But it's easy for people here to claim he's overrated, because the guy literally gets to attempt 5-6 shots a game with all the talent the Lakers have.

By the way, I consider Chris Paul the best basketball player on the planet when healthy. I think he brings the most impact to the court when being aggressive. When my team played the Hornets last year, I literally feared Paul more-so then any other opposite player in this league. More then James, Wade, Dirk or Durant. I value him highly, and I still don't think LA should trade Bynum for Paul.

Injury woes, lack of cohesiveness and arrogance is Bynum's downfall right now; I think he has all the talent in the world of becoming a top five player in this league.

Don't need a scouting report. Right now is Bynum better than Gordon?
    yes.

Banned

Zen you're a good Lakers fan/poster. Is Bynum a better player than Eric Gordon right now in your opinion?
    Bynum is not a better player than Gordon.

Gordon is the complete opposite of Bynum.

Hes a natural ball player. Unfortunately he cant alter his height, which is probably his biggest issue.

Besides that he works harder than Bynum. Gordon is always working on his skills and adding new facets to his game. While Andrew talks about waiting for the offseason so he can work on his cars. One looks at his situation as a profession and the other as a 9-5 job.

Gordon is probably the most underrated guard seeing as how no one consistently watches Clipper games. I remember how last off-season he was in the gym working hard on driving to basket and being able to take punishment so that he could finish plays. He was also attempting to learn from Baron Davis to pass better and have better court vision. And it showed during the season he came out with determination and had serious drive. He is always one of the most competitive players on the court, along with Griffin. He also brought the Clippers back from deficits because of how tenacious his play was. And he works hard on both ends of the court.

On the other hand, Bynum is always been criticized for his poor work habits.. He complains when things arent going his way. He wants to be the center of attention when it comes to scoring but hes never aggressive on the defensive or offensive end, hoping that things will just work out naturally. He is lazy on the defensive end and blames his teammates for things going wrong. Gordon is consistent and when his offense is off, he still keeps working hard on defense. Bynum just gives up on D when hes not getting enough scoring opportunities. Also, when the Lakers have entered the playoffs he always disappears. Hes also the reason why Jabbar no longer has a job.. saying he doesnt need his help, even tho his footwork is far from perfect.

Bynum just always seems to complain too much and never puts in hard work. He gets frustrated easily and doesnt handle adversity as well as Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Bynum is not a better player than Gordon.

Gordon is the complete opposite of Bynum.

Hes a natural ball player. Unfortunately he cant alter his height, which is probably his biggest issue.

Besides that he works harder than Bynum. Gordon is always working on his skills and adding new facets to his game. While Andrew talks about waiting for the offseason so he can work on his cars. One looks at his situation as a profession and the other as a 9-5 job.

Gordon is probably the most underrated guard seeing as how no one consistently watches Clipper games. I remember how last off-season he was in the gym working hard on driving to basket and being able to take punishment so that he could finish plays. He was also attempting to learn from Baron Davis to pass better and have better court vision. And it showed during the season he came out with determination and had serious drive. He is always one of the most competitive players on the court, along with Griffin. He also brought the Clippers back from deficits because of how tenacious his play was. And he works hard on both ends of the court.

On the other hand, Bynum is always been criticized for his poor work habits.. He complains when things arent going his way. He wants to be the center of attention when it comes to scoring but hes never aggressive on the defensive or offensive end, hoping that things will just work out naturally. He is lazy on the defensive end and blames his teammates for things going wrong. Gordon is consistent and when his offense is off, he still keeps working hard on defense. Bynum just gives up on D when hes not getting enough scoring opportunities. Also, when the Lakers have entered the playoffs he always disappears. Hes also the reason why Jabbar no longer has a job.. saying he doesnt need his help, even tho his footwork is far from perfect.

Bynum just always seems to complain too much and never puts in hard work. He gets frustrated easily and doesnt handle adversity as well as Gordon.
    G.O.A.T unbiased post from a diehard Lakers fan who watched a bunch of Clippers game last year . I know first hand from talking to you in game threads that you watched a bunch of Clippers last season. It's sad how misinformed so many folks are about the Clippers.