but @ he stole a horse to get away....

dude went full cowboy and the horse wanted nothing to do with it

Default Re: Officers beat the shit out of white man

LMAOOOO they went ham on this dude.

Cops. America's Terrorists

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Their job is to arrest the suspect, not deliver 'justice'. That's obviously easier said than done when the suspect has injured/killed one of your friends/co-workers... but using restraint is part of the job.
    I understand that, but are we really supposed to give a shit if they beat up a guy who provoked them?

As Ive asked before, if a video is posted here of a white guy randomly going up to a black dude just minding his business and saying "HEY N1GGER!" And the black guy beats the shit out of him, what will you say? Will you say "lol wtf, no sympathy for dude, he asked for it" or will you be like "omg, black brutality, you cant put your hands on that guy, theres no justification for violence, blah blah blah"

We ALL KNOW you would just be like "Ehh... Guy asked for it"

We have a natural inclination to hold people with power or even people we assume have power, ie demographic majorities, to a different standard. Question is why? Why not just hold everyone to a high standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    You do realize the mods will do nothing, correct? You go around calling white people crackers, inferior, and other stupid shit all day.
    never used any of those words on this site...nice try white devil.Why do i keep getting sucked into having convos with you....you're a pion go jump in a fire kid

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    LMAOOOO they went ham on this dude.

Cops. America's Terrorists

They beat up a guy that led them on a wild goose chase through the ****ing desert?

Yeah, terrorists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    never used any of those words on this site...nice try white devil.Why do i keep getting sucked into having convos with you....you're a pion go jump in a fire kid

And the word is peon, you illiterate ****

I think this kind of thing can be good though.

Criminals need to know that cops will deliver street justice. Some might even shoot, kill and plant evidence illegally if you give them trouble. Imagine if our cops follow protocol all the time, criminals wouldn't hesitate to run every time they're caught.

But cops also know that they might be punished for those illegal acts. People might riot and they lose everything.

It keeps the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    Why would someone steal a horse to get away from the cops?
    That's the most baller ass move ever

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Southern California has enough traffic nightmares as it is. It should be MANDATORY that a person is beaten thoroughly at the end of a high speed chase.

i could easily get joyner perma banned

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    you effing can't make this sh*t up

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I understand that, but are we really supposed to give a shit if they beat up a guy who provoked them?

As Ive asked before, if a video is posted here of a white guy randomly going up to a black dude just minding his business and saying "HEY N1GGER!" And the black guy beats the shit out of him, what will you say? Will you say "lol wtf, no sympathy for dude, he asked for it" or will you be like "omg, black brutality, you cant put your hands on that guy, theres no justification for violence, blah blah blah"

We ALL KNOW you would just be like "Ehh... Guy asked for it"

We have a natural inclination to hold people with power or even people we assume have power, ie demographic majorities, to a different standard. Question is why? Why not just hold everyone to a high standard?

I don't have sympathy for the guy. But where do we draw the line? That's the problem with vigilante justice. Who decides who gets beat down? And how bad a guy deserves to be beat? When you get a pack mentality like that, it's very easy to go too far. That's why you see all these incidents where 8 cops pump like 50 rounds into a single suspects car... because violence is contagious.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I think this kind of thing can be good though.

Criminals need to know that cops will deliver street justice. Some might even shoot, kill and plant evidence illegally if you give them trouble. Imagine if our cops follow protocol all the time, criminals wouldn't hesitate to run every time they're caught.

But cops also know that they might be punished for those illegal acts. People might riot and they lose everything.

It keeps the balance.

Yup.

I'm all for persecuting cops who harass and **** innocent people up for their own gain/enjoyment.

But this sympathy for scumbag criminals who get what they ask for? Its for weinie-man pansies

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I don't have sympathy for the guy. But where do we draw the line? That's the problem with vigilante justice. Who decides who gets beat down? And how bad a guy deserves to be beat? When you get a pack mentality like that, it's very easy to go too far. That's why you see all these incidents where 8 cops pump like 50 rounds into a single suspects car... because violence is contagious.

Whoever is involved, I guess.

Don't run from cops.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie
    Southern California has enough traffic nightmares as it is. It should be MANDATORY that a person is beaten thoroughly at the end of a high speed chase.

This was in Apple Valley. Two hours outside LA. Very little traffic.