Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I Thought the Miami Heat have a strict No Headband Policy/Rule?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Yup, JO was supposedly able to prove he only needed it functionally and not as a fashion statement. I'm guessing LeBron didn't need to do the same thing. A team that bends over a table and hires your buddies isn't a team that's going to quibble over head bands.
    Which buddies of his did the heat hire?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Who cares if it's LeBron James? Rules are rules. What makes him so much better than anyone else?
    When the issue is his worth to a basketball team...playing basketball better than anyone else makes him better than anyone else. Every team in the league would alter such a policy for the chance at Lebron.

All of them.

With no exceptions.

It would just be common sense. We can get a guy who will generate a hundred million a year, double out value, get us more attention than we know what to do with, and win games....but we are gonna create hard feelings over telling him not to wear a headband?

Naaaaaah....

If he doesnt wear it it wont be because he got forced into it. He could probably have told Riley he would sign if he fired the coach and brought in Doug Moe.

To get Lebron on your team many rules can be bent. Especially petty ones in no way related to basketball playing.

sweat in the eyes burnsssssssss... especially if you're wearing contact lenses!

but i get the feeling thats not the reason lebron wears em

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKER
    So why the hell is LeBron running around playing games still wearing his headband? Does he not have respect for Miami and their rules?

That's a direct slap in the face to Pat Riley, it shows blatant disrespect and total disregard for his rules. Who cares if it's LeBron James? Rules are rules. What makes him so much better than anyone else?

Eddie House is on his team, and he's not allowed to wear his headband but LeBron is? What a joke. I really would like some answers as to why LeBron is getting all this special treatment. Besides headbands make the players look like street thugs and drug dealers, and LeBron definitely isn't a thug or a drug dealer. Dude is from the straight burbs.

Didn't Jermaine Oneal wear one too?

You failed at a reason to hate on Lebron, idiot.

Baller Status

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Didn't Jermaine Oneal wear one too?

You failed at a reason to hate on Lebron, idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiSJEF71mlM

I don't see any sweat getting in LeBron's eyes there.. But he's acting like he is in urgent need of a headband.

I'm tired of all these NBA teams bending over backwards for him and the fans being like "Well it's LeBron, so he gets the free pass."

I don't care who it is, you could be Michael Jordan's mom, you still aren't going to get any special treatment just because of your name. A rule is a rule, and the Heat should stick with their zero tolerance policy on NO HEADBANDS, or force LeBron to take a paycut, and sit on the bench until he wants to learn how to not sweat in his eyes. He's sending out a bad image to the kids when he wears the headband.

There are towel boys on the team, he can wipe the sweat at every timeout if sweat becomes an issue, but rules are rules and they shouldn't just bend them for LeBron just because he's a crybaby.

^So you're just gonna skip over the fact that the Heat Let Jermaine O'Neal wear a headband for the past couple of seasons?

Not airballing my layups anymore Dunaprenti's Avatar

Unsuccessful is unsuccessful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiSJEF71mlM

I don't see any sweat getting in LeBron's eyes there.. But he's acting like he is in urgent need of a headband.

I'm tired of all these NBA teams bending over backwards for him and the fans being like "Well it's LeBron, so he gets the free pass."

I don't care who it is, you could be Michael Jordan's mom, you still aren't going to get any special treatment just because of your name. A rule is a rule, and the Heat should stick with their zero tolerance policy on NO HEADBANDS, or force LeBron to take a paycut, and sit on the bench until he wants to learn how to not sweat in his eyes. He's sending out a bad image to the kids when he wears the headband.

There are towel boys on the team, he can wipe the sweat at every timeout if sweat becomes an issue, but rules are rules and they shouldn't just bend them for LeBron just because he's a crybaby.
    JO wore a headband

are you fuking retarded? lol

Baller Status

What about Jermaine O'Neal? They ran him out of town because he wouldn't stop wearing his headband. That's why he got traded and he's no longer there. He's no longer an issue.

So why are you all bringing up irrelevant players? So because JO was breaking the rules and wore one, that all of a sudden makes it okay for LeBron to void the rules and wear one too?

Fine, but I better see LeBron get ran out of town and traded just like Jermaine O'neal too if he wants to continue to break the rules and wear a headband. If LeBron has a problem with it, he can take his sweaty forehead back to Cleveland.

LeBron is ruining the clean image of the Heat and tarnishing their reputation, all the while blatantly breaking the rules. We have Bosh, we don't need LeBron if he's going to think he can come down to Miami, and act like he's running the whole show. We'll win a title without him.

What about Jermaine O'Neal? They ran him out of town because he wouldn't stop wearing his headband. That's why he got traded and he's no longer there. He's no longer an issue.

So why are you all bringing up irrelevant players? So because JO was breaking the rules and wore one, that all of a sudden makes it okay for LeBron to void the rules and wear one too?

Fine, but I better see LeBron get ran out of town and traded just like Jermaine O'neal too if he wants to continue to break the rules and wear a headband. If LeBron has a problem with it, he can take his sweaty forehead back to Cleveland.

LeBron is ruining the clean image of the Heat and tarnishing their reputation, all the while blatantly breaking the rules. We have Bosh, we don't need LeBron if he's going to think he can come down to Miami, and act like he's running the whole show. We'll win a title without him.
    Lets see how many people fall for the bait this time. The bait's clear as day but fishes will still be all over it.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Lets see how many people fall for the bait this time. The bait's clear as day but fishes will still be all over it.

a always assumed trolls became trolls gradually, but it seems this one is trolling right from the very start, and hes a pretty successful troll so far

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

It's Lebron's team now. He follow his own rules

Next year, they probably change their name for the Miami 'Bron

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

Well since Lebron doesnt want to shave his head (anyways that will automatically make the haters go: "Oh look! He is trying to look like Jordan!") i suggest he keeps it on... his hairline is receeding, so..

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

when has the heat ever had that rule? i remember the bulls having it with scott skiles, not sure now. i think the rule is to prevent people from wearing their headbands like idiots, a la tim thomas

(pic courtesy of stroshow's photobucket)
    Last edited by emsteez forreal; 10-10-2010 at 09:36 AM.

What about Jermaine O'Neal? They ran him out of town because he wouldn't stop wearing his headband. That's why he got traded and he's no longer there.