Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore GOON MUSIC's Avatar

Default Re: Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson?

the worst 20-10 guy in history of basketball ?

thats what ya'll make it seem like

all somebody gotta do is tell em, no more threes

How about Lee or Millsap, these guys wouldve been perfect for a young team like the Grizzlies, they provide energy, enthusiasm, defense and desire...Z-Bo will be the senior player on that team, do you think his lack of defense, chucking and offcourt dramas is gonna help a young inexperienced team?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOON MUSIC
    the worst 20-10 guy in history of basketball ?

thats what ya'll make it seem like

all somebody gotta do is tell em, no more threes
    Yeah, You're better off painting your cawk than getting Randolph to do anything.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

so many haters in here -_-

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    so many haters in here -_-
    Where are they?
    I'm just disappointed for your team that's all, Gay is was already affected by Majo abit with chemistry, Z-Bo just makes it ten times worse...

So, they traded Pau Gasol so they could acquire Zach Randolph? Well, so much for that grand plan..

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

This means Grizzlies ain't going after David Lee!!!!!! They got their PF!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was TWO EX KNICKS!!!!!!!!! Thank you Q!!!!!!!!! Thank you Zach!!!!!!!

I knew Zach and Q would come thru for the Knicks eventually.
    Memphis is making some good moves. they got a 20 and 10 player even tho he doesn't play defense.

Banned

So essentially the Clippers will have enough to maybe sign one major player in 2010....

While I doubt any player will be primed up to come to the Clippers, it has to at least be a little enticing to have the ability to play with a couple of studs like Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin. The team will have a couple decent players that they are building on. Plus, a big maket of L.A. should be somewhat appealing.

But unfortunately I still have to hold my breath, and hope that the Clipps win more than last seasons' 19 wins... And that a Star ends up ignoring the fact that the Clippers have been an abyss for much of their existance.

ZBo isn't as bad as all that.

He is a great offensive player and his rep is overblown IMO - I liked him on the Clips.

Still - he wasn't going to take us anywhere besides, maybe, the middle of the pack and it is a better move to throw Griffin into the fire and see what we got with him rather than play him out of position.

If all things work out we'll have Gordon showing his 20ppg last year was no fluke + up and coming Griffin + revived Baron ready to bring in a big ticket 2010 FA.

There is also the $8m trade exception... I bet you could pick up a pretty bad a$$ player from a struggling team at the all-star break for that.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    So, they traded Pau Gasol so they could acquire Zach Randolph? Well, so much for that grand plan..
    this is what I dont understand... Why not keep Gasol? Because of the caps space Kwame provided? wow what a shocker.
    they have taken on his contract and selfishness and attitude, yet they still wont be close to the playoffs. wow, really really bad.
    MARK MY WORDS - this team WILL self destruct 50 game in. You need a Chauncey type leader to hold a team like that together, and he aint there.

This is a good step for the Clipps to really make a real attempt at developing their #1 pick, and it also opens up the offensive door for Eric Gordon. I really think these 2 have great potential and will have nice long careers. It also opens up free agency next year with that fat contract off the books. Zach served nicely in his short stint as a Clipp, but they were not going anywhere with him.

The question mark will be how well he adapts to the duo of Gay and Mayo. Both of those guys, especially Gay, handle the rock a lot and take up many shots. Zach isnt exactly known for his passing ability. But I do think he would be a good tandem with Marc bc Marc is more rugged and Zach has a nice touch in the midrange. But this team certainly has some nice fire power. And with Conley coming along, they have a nice starting 5. Pressure is on Conley to see if he can be a leader and be the general on the floor. Overall, I think the Clipps are better off bc they shed a big contract and open up the 4 for Griffin. But I will be watching the Grizz this season

Saw a basketball once BigSmooth4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Man Randolph is like genital herpes

Nobody wants it, But you'll find a way to get it, When you finally get rid of it, Things always get better.

You cant get rid of herpes simplex 1 or 2. But that being said i think this is a good pick up for the grizz. Randolph is a good power forward that can score and rebound.

Now we can go back to calling him by his real nickname QClip. He actually should've never left there he fell off so much since he left LA.

If the Grizzlies were going to trade for Randolph, at least they could have sent out Marco Jaric's bad contract, so that it would only be adding 10 million per year.

Next year both ZBo and Jaric will be on the books for about 25 million.

Wow... Gasol must feel very bretrayed now... Memphis rapes beside the huge Contract