Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni hired as new Lakers head coach!

Seriously? Who cares what a bum like Jalen Rose thinks?

Mamba out

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime

Mamba out

this. he's one of the worst analysts on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime

Mamba out
    Yeah because you in your mum's basement sipping on your 4th pepsi for the day knows more than the guy that played for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    this. he's one of the worst analysts on TV
    He isn't analysing in that article. He is relaying a factual story.

Well, compare that with a coach like Pop with a good defensive plan - let Amare go off, stay on the shooters and make Nash into a shooter (cut down on his assists). Worked like a charm - that's not enough points to win especially when they don't defend on the other side and SAS also goes off. How can a coach in good conscience ignore half of the court?

Lakers starters are all playing a lot of minutes already. Now they're going to play a lot of minutes RUNNING? With their thin bench?

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Well, compare that with a coach like Pop with a good defensive plan - let Amare go off, stay on the shooters and make Nash into a shooter (cut down on his assists). Worked like a charm - that's not enough points to win especially when they don't defend on the other side and SAS also goes off. How can a coach in good conscience ignore half of the court?

Lakers starters are all playing a lot of minutes already. Now they're going to play a lot of minutes RUNNING? With their thin bench?
    You mean score on Duncan like he wasn't even there and getting dunked on.

Decent playground baller TimmyDuncan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Amare had huge scoring games against Duncan in the playoff. But Duncan scored a lot as well

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

just dont fire him again after 5 games rofl

College star

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni signs a four-year deal with the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lol@ everyone and their dog saying phil would be the coach. except me

i knew phil was a b*tch. i actually have a memory unlike most here. i remember the bad times he gave us. dude is an absolute ego maniac.

who gets offered a chance to coach kobe/nash/howard/gasol and asks for more lol

its like going into an ice cream shop and them offering a free double double super chocolate sunday with whip, icecream, chocolate and sprinkles... then saying "wheres the f*ckin cherry? and can you feed it to me. i have a bad elbow "
    Phil is the Kobe of coaching - the most overrated one.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Defense wins championship and we hired Mike D'Antoni..
    That is a dumb cliche.

College star

P Jax would be a better hire for Lakers not because he's a better coach than D'Antoni (he's definitely not, he's a hack coach) but because he wouldn't sign unless Stern guarantees him championship.

College superstar

Seven seconds or less...of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Amare could score 40 points and Nash 20-30 - not enough to win if the shooters are covered especially with SAS scoring 100+. Why should Duncan pick up fouls on Amare? He's got to stay on the floor especially since no one on the Suns could guard him. It's not like Duncan wasn't also having big scoring nights too. Besides it worked - the point of the game is to win. I'm sure that Duncan doesn't mind getting dunked on or watching Amare do his pushups or whatever as long as the Spurs win.

If I were a Laker fan, I'd prefer Mike Brown over D'Antoni (personally I'd get Nate McMillian). Problems seem to be defense and the bench. D'Antoni's coaching philosophy won't be solving those. Firing MB 5 games in (especially since Nash has been injured) is panicking. Besides, wasn't it Kobe who wanted this Princeton offense? Now they're going to SSOL with old players?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    P Jax would be a better hire for Lakers not because he's a better coach than D'Antoni (he's definitely not, he's a hack coach) but because he wouldn't sign unless Stern guarantees him championship.

Is there any point to having this guy around this board?

His responses are so automated at this point that he seems like a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Amare could score 40 points and Nash 20-30 - not enough to win if the shooters are covered especially with SAS scoring 100+. Why should Duncan pick up fouls on Amare? He's got to stay on the floor especially since no one on the Suns could guard him. It's not like Duncan wasn't also having big scoring nights too. Besides it worked - the point of the game is to win. I'm sure that Duncan doesn't mind getting dunked on or watching Amare do his pushups or whatever as long as the Spurs win.

If I were a Laker fan, I'd prefer Mike Brown over D'Antoni (personally I'd get Nate McMillian). Problems seem to be defense and the bench. D'Antoni's coaching philosophy won't be solving those. Firing MB 5 games in (especially since Nash has been injured) is panicking. Besides, wasn't it Kobe who wanted this Princeton offense? Now they're going to SSOL with old players?
    Lakers perimeter defense is never going to be great now. Nash, Kobe, and Metta are all 32+. Lakers at least have the best defensive player in the middle so their interior defense will be okay. I'm not worried at all with this team because they have Dwight, Kobe, Nash, and Pau. I think they will figure it out and win it all. The problem the Lakers had last year and the first 5 games is that scoring 100 points was rare. That will not be the case now, scoring under 100 points should now be rare for this team. Dwight and Pau can average a combined 25 rpg and 4 bpg. Dwight also alters more shots than anybody else in the league. But it's not like their defense is going to get worse just because they hired Mike no "D" Antoni. Dwight, Kobe, and Metta will preach defense to this team and the importance of it. Mike might also hire McMillian as assistant coach for defense or they might keep the current assistants that were under Mike Brown. No way do I prefer Mike Brown over D'Antoni. The Lakers scored 100 points or more only 20 times out of 66 games last season, and in the Playoffs 3 out of 12 times. They are not going to be a great defensive team anyways, so why like having a coach that makes it a struggle to score 100 points? They are not going to keep teams under 80 points or under 90. They are too old for great defense like that, maybe 4 years ago with younger Kobe and Metta, but not now. There is no way this team should be scoring in the 90s and throwing up scores in the 80s. That just shows you how bad Brown was at the offense if he couldn't get a team with Kobe, Dwight, and Nash to be averaging atleast 100 ppg. And they are not going to do a SSOL. It will be a fast pace team but this isn't 05-07 Nash running the point with young players around him anymore.

08-09 Lakers averaged 106.9 ppg for the season, won championship
    09-10 Lakers averaged 101.7 ppg for the season, won championship
    Last year's Lakers with Mike Brown for the season - 97.3 ppg
    First 5 games with Mike Brown- 97.2 ppg
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 11-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.