Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni hired as new Lakers head coach!

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Remains to be seen.

But the Knicks quit on him last year which is why having a DPOY last year doesn't count against D'Antoni. Chandler wasn't playing for him at all.
    You're wrong. Chandler was playing for him. Some other players weren't (hint: one of them is fat ).

And there's a reason why players wanted him out of town. He sucks. Players knew he sucks. They knew they were never going to do anything with him.

D'Antoni is a bad coach. You'll realize that soon enough.

College star

The only way this works is:

- trade Gasol (expires next year) and Duhon's expirer for Bargnani (expires in 2015) and Calderon (expires this year, lose him for nothing if not traded to a team) [doubt this happens]

- sign Delonte West and Kenyon Martin (for defensive assurances because D'Antoni's incompetent ass will not be preaching any type of effective defense)

- Dwight and Artest anchor the defense in a way that compensates for the shortcomings Nash and D'Antoni will have.

Seriously. Someone answer this for me. Lakers biggest issue has been transition defense, even a bigger issue than their bench production. So you implement a system that BAITS the opposing team to RUN on any chance they have against you hit or miss, and somehow expect that to HELP your slow-reacting players outside of Dwight (who isn't 100% conditioned yet) on defending in transition against quicker teams AKA 80% of the league?

Someone please riddle me that

Finally!!! Mike D'Antoni is reunited with the point guard who benefited tremendously in MDA's system, by putting up career numbers and maximizing his full potential.........

Last edited by bagelred; 11-12-2012 at 09:56 AM.

College star

You keep saying he had DPOY and that didn't do anything to help D'Antoni. I"m saying that didn't do anything because the Knicks quit on him. The Knicks aren't the Lakers. Chandler isn't Howard. So it still remains to be seen what he can do with a DPOY anchoring his defense.

Also, did you all really think the triangle offense would be a great fit for Nash and Howard?
    Do you REALLY think SSOL is a great fit for Gasol and Kobe?

You keep saying he had DPOY and that didn't do anything to help D'Antoni. I"m saying that didn't do anything because the Knicks quit on him. The Knicks aren't the Lakers. Chandler isn't Howard. So it still remains to be seen what he can do with a DPOY anchoring his defense.

Also, did you all really think the triangle offense would be a great fit for Nash and Howard?
    Why are disregarding the fact that the players literally quit on a coach? Are you saying that the Lakers are incapable of this? Are you stupid? Where have you been the last 3 years? We quit on Phil Jackson in the Dallas series. Abandoning the triangle completely and his defensive philosophies on route to a sweep. And this same Laker teams was a couple of games away on quitting on Mike Brown. Are you saying that this same Laker team wouldn't quit on a coach that has a history of being quitted on? Can you not grasp the logic here are you just that determined to make an ill-advised point?

I can understand Nash, but Howard? The triangle utilizes post, pinch post and PNR. It's f[FONT="Verdana"]u[/FONT]cking called triple post offense you testis-f[FONT="Verdana"]u[/FONT]cker. It's the perfect systematic offense for Howard where the offense is obliged to him and his strengths in the post and the 2/5 PNR. Can you also not comprehend such basic basketball knowledge?

Nash? The triangle also utilizes the point-guard as a spot-up shooter. Something Nash is great at. But at the same time, the triangle was basically set for people with the lack of an individual offensive talent. The triangle is only run in the beginning of each half and sometimes the first 4-5 minutes of the fourth quarter, dependent on the situation at hand (bench production, score, etc etc). It's called the break offense, where the team breaks out and free-forms. Basically what the team has been doing the last two games, they have been doing the entire Phil Jackson coaching regime, only for spurts. The Lakers have done throughout their 5 championships with Jackson. Breaking the triangle, and playing more PNR with Bryant/Shaq/Gasol/Odom, transition play, and really whatever the hell Bryant wants. Kobe Bryant himself dubbed this as "playoff ball". The same was done for Jackson's Bulls where Michael would break the offense and do his shit, dubbed "Jordan Ball". The same for Nash, he would basically get any opportunity to break the triangle play the PNR, a choice that was even given to him by Brown, right before his injury.

I appreciate that you're trying to find some good out of this, but there really isn't. Phil Jackson was basically the safe and best bet, and even he doesn't really guarantee a championship. D'Antoni? We aren't even talking finals, let alone conference finals. It's a long road ahead, and I'm not looking forward to it. Go Lakers, but f[FONT="Verdana"]u[/FONT]ck.

NBA rookie of the year

Jim Buss' negotiations with Phil were just for show/PR. They were never going to hire him.

They are going to look fine in the regular season. In the playoffs, when he needs to make adjustments, and the team will have crucial defensive stops to make, will they be able to?

Good luck with him with the Lakers, but i couldn't stand him by the end in NY. You knew what was wrong that he was doing and yet he refused to even consider deviating from it. It was endlessly frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    They are going to look fine in the regular season. In the playoffs, when he needs to make adjustments, and the team will have crucial defensive stops to make, will they be able to?

Good luck with him with the Lakers, but i couldn't stand him by the end in NY. You knew what was wrong that he was doing and yet he refused to even consider deviating from it. It was endlessly frustrating to watch.
    Playoffs? Funny you think this team won't be completely injured by then.

NBA lottery pick

shoulda went with Dun

Made that high school varsity squad

I don't know how i feel about this. We need some defense. Triangle would've utilized Pau, Nash, Dwight, and Kobe well. Where does Kobe fit in with D'Antoni's system?

Still better than the Heat

That's great Chris Grant's plan is coming to full fruition now. He made the Lakers hire Brown to get them to tank, but Mitch just went even further by signing the other Mike. Two top 10 picks is going to be great.

Again, people acting like Dantoni isn't an upgrade over Brown and now they're even worse. Let's just assume the Knicks situation will play out all over again, and he'll the use exact offense from Phoenix. Same ol talking points

I honestly can't tell if this is going to be good or bad. I'm hoping good.