Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni hired as new Lakers head coach!

Sad day for many Lakers fans.

Lakers fans need to chant "Idiot Jim Buss" no maybe "Fuc You Jim Buss"
    Last edited by kobesabi; 11-12-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Agreed. I always tried to give D'Antoni the benefit of the doubt, but he is incompetent. For all that offensive genius, Knicks looked LOST on offense until the moment they got the Asian Steve Nash to run the offense. Knicks look MUCH better offensively under Woodson, with an actual gameplan and better ball movement. And the defense is worlds better under Woodson so far.

For Laker fans, get used to word "good". That's D'Antoni's favorite word.
    He better get used to Lakers word "Championship" Good is not enough for $100M payroll

I don't like that Hitler or Musolini coaching the Lakers...he is just wasting everybody's time.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 11-12-2012 at 08:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Too bad Bynum is not there anymore. He'd love to chuck 3's.

Not airballing my layups anymore Laxlen's Avatar

D'Antoni was a failure in NY, all they wanted was to win a playoff round

The way the media spun the pursuit of Jackson, D'Antoni has mission impossible because now it's championship or it shoulda been Phil

I can see it now, if THEY lost this year. Howard may not return. Phil not return. Next year season pass may slump. Lakers will subsequently lose many Lakers fans or fans from Phil. TWC will panic...LOL...the end of the era while Jim is in charge. Clippers fanbase will increase. Clippers will try to pick up Howard...

ok enough rant. I'm just pissed off at Lakers.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 11-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Decent playground baller nbarumorz's Avatar

I don't see the problem here. The Lakers need defense, so hire a coach that only really knows how to execute a run and gun offense.

Jared Jeffries must be pissed off. Stuck in Portland now. D'Antoni LOVES Jared Jeffries.

Wow I'm totally in disbelief. It took me 30 minutes to get out of bed when I read the news off of my twitter app. This has to be the worse news since the Chris Paul veto... I'm absolutely devistasted. Pringles!? PRINGLES!?

If there was ever a chance to prematurely state that it's over, a good time is now.

Okay maybe not. But ****, Pringles!?

Well, i'm sure he will win a lot of games there, but no championship, sorry guys.

Decent playground baller No Evans!'s Avatar

What a twist! Are we sure M. Night Shyamalan isn't the Lakers' GM?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Wow I'm totally in disbelief. It took me 30 minutes to get out of bed when I read the news off of my twitter app. This has to be the worse news since the Chris Paul veto... I'm absolutely devistasted. Pringles!? PRINGLES!?

If there was ever a chance to prematurely state that it's over, a good time is now.

Don't kid yourself. The Lakers signed the rest of their championship hopes away today. Showtime? Yea ****ing right How about Slowtime?

Gonna run a D'Antoni offense with two bigs, no shooters, for a team whose only issue was turnovers and defense. And D'Antoni's system produces many turnovers and promotes no defense.

Coach Pop is laughing his ****ing ass off right now. Lakers will be fun to watch, until he humiliates No D'Antoni again in the playoffs.

Enjoy the ride, I hope you guys pack hella aspirins. 4 year contract? ROTFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Don't kid yourself. The Lakers signed the rest of their championship hopes away today. Showtime? Yea ****ing right How about Slowtime?

Gonna run a D'Antoni offense with two bigs, no shooters, for a team whose only issue was turnovers and defense. And D'Antoni's system produces many turnovers and promotes no defense.

Coach Pop is laughing his ****ing ass off right now. Lakers will be fun to watch, until he humiliates No D'Antoni again in the playoffs.

Enjoy the ride, I hope you guys pack hella aspirins. 4 year contract? ROTFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Batz

This right here hit it right on the head. Did they even give Sloan an interview? Seems like a rushed decision if you didn't even interview all the coaches on your short list. Mike fricking Dunleavy gets an interview and Jerry Sloan doesn't even get a phone call? Jim made a power move to keep him in control. No way he was going to let Phil bang his sister AND have Power over him in his dads own company. A dynasty has been killed. What a wasted opportunity. Somewhere, Rick Adelman has a huge grin.

If black ops 2 sucks, I sware this whole week has been a huge disappointment...