Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni signs a four-year deal with the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I was so frustrated with D'Antoni that I was the happiest man on the planet when I heard he was fired.

Something tells me your frustration will get to a whole new level if he wins it all with LA.

(I said if, not when.)

Cali Love

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni hired as new Lakers head coach!

pringles? srs?

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Gasol is a good shooter. We don't have a big enough sample size to be able to tell if he is a good 3 point shooter, that's true. I think he can make them. I may be wrong, but I can't remember Frye having been a well-known shooter from the distance before playing for D'Antoni.
    Gasol is a good mid-range shooter but I'm not really sure about his 3-pt shooting. I'm sure he can knock it down occasionally but to ask him to do it efficiently on a consistent basis..not so sure.

Decent college freshman

I really dont see how run & gun fits to a team with such an old age.

but even if he is perfect fit, the fact he has no defence...will never get him a championship.

Something tells me your frustration will get to a whole new level if he wins it all the LA.

(I said if, not when.)
    Not really. I would actually be happy if he wins it all. I actually like the Lakers (even though it's fun to laugh at them fail) and them winning means Miami won't win it all so I'm fine with it.
    Give me Lakers-Heat or Lakers-Celtics finals. I'll surely cheer for the Lakers.

Of course I wouldn't cheer for them against my Knicks but even despite 4-0 start I doubt we can get to the Finals.
    So in short,I wouldn't have anything against Lakers winning it all this season.

But I can guarantee you it won't happen. Not as long as D'Antoni is their coach.
    Do you really think Lakers can outrun Miami ? Even when they are trying to play halfcourt I still think the Heat would beat them. If those oldies try to get into the open court battle with LeBron and Wade they are going to get murdered. Raped. Pick a word. It will get ugly.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Gasol is a good mid-range shooter but I'm not really sure about his 3-pt shooting. I'm sure he can knock it down occasionally but to ask him to do it efficiently on a consistent basis..not so sure.
    We shall see.

On a general note: This experiment may go down in flames, I agree. I think it will work, but I can see where the doubters are coming from. However, at the very least it is going to be interesting and entertaining.

The team under Mike Brown was utterly boring. I watch games to be entertained, so I'm glad they signed D'Antoni.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Objective #1: 1 season to convince 3x DPOY Dwight Howard that LAL is the place for a player like him and his talent set to be........ Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni. OMGs fail. lol

Seriously though, I heard D'Antoni was actually saying he wants to put more emphasis on D and was going to look into having a top notch defensive assistant.

Look how things have tuned out for Mike D though. Them bums on the knicks (lol) went out of their way to get him fired. What happens? He goes from coaching a laughing stock franchise to less than a year later being hired by the LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! NYK is like an ugly ass hoodrat who thought she dumped him only to find out a few months later he's now banging the baddest supermodel on the planet.

Knicks are so hilariously and consistently FAIL!!!!!!
    A supermodel that can't yet reach .500 with a fairly easy schedule

We shall see.

On a general note: This experiment may go down in flames, I agree. I think it will work, but I can see where the doubters are coming from. However, at the very least it is going to be interesting and entertaining.

The team under Mike Brown was utterly boring. I watch games to be entertained, so I'm glad they signed D'Antoni.
    I will surely watch Lakers more now that they hired D'Antoni. They have always been a fun team to watch (mostly because of Kobe).

I haven't planned to watch them tomorrow but I'll get up in 4:30 am (time in my country) just to watch them play against the Spurs tomorrow.

OMG. I can't ****ing wait for D'Antoni to step into MSG and proceed to violently push their shit in.

Objective #1: 1 season to convince 3x DPOY Dwight Howard that LAL is the place for a player like him and his talent set to be........ Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni. OMGs fail. lol

Seriously though, I heard D'Antoni was actually saying he wants to put more emphasis on D and was going to look into having a top notch defensive assistant.

Look how things have tuned out for Mike D though. Them bums on the knicks (lol) went out of their way to get him fired. What happens? He goes from coaching a laughing stock franchise to less than a year later being hired by the LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! NYK is like an ugly ass hoodrat who thought she dumped him only to find out a few months later he's now banging the baddest supermodel on the planet.

Knicks are so hilariously and consistently FAIL!!!!!!
    Yeah,Knicks failed because they fired him.
    From being a sub .500 team with a solid defense and horrible offense they went to being the only undefeated team in the league and a top3 offensive and defensive team.

Really sucks for them.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Well this may be the return to the Showtime magic days everyone loved.
    Dwight could flourish under D'antoni system. I think this makes Gasol off man out?

Banned

OMG. I can't ****ing wait for D'Antoni to step into MSG and proceed to violently push their shit in.
    Permanent ban bet between us depending on the outcome?

Lakers lose, and your out.

Knicks lose and i'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Permanent ban bet between us depending on the outcome?

Lakers lose, and your out.

Knicks lose and i'm out.
    Or........

You could just go **** yourself while just continue to get my on

Banned

Or........

You could just go **** yourself while just continue to get my on
    Not man enough, didn't expect much less. The ultimate bandwagoner, too cowardly to support something that hasn't been elite, too cowardly to stand up to there comments.

lack of outside shooting is what most concerns me w/ MDA's system. i know he knows nash and everything but this isn't the same nash either....people need to realize he's more of a 30 mpg player now. shit, if he can improve blake though...COY should be in order