Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni signs a four-year deal with the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Which was due to your players egos and allergies to sharing the ball, not Mike. Now that Knicks got their asses beaten up enough the players finally learned the lesson.
    Dude just stick to Bledsoe homer threads, you have no idea what your talking about here. Knicks had a terrific offense with Billups, Melo & STAT. Once Billups was amnestied to make room for Chandler, the Knicks had no reliant PG to run the offense. Which just happens to be the foundation for D'Antoni's offensive system.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

They undeniably could have done a lot worse, but they could probably have got better. Never mind the fact the D'Antoni offense is screwed with no Nash (and he's 38), they'll have to get everyone to study it and try and implement it once Nash is back. If it works the same way as in NY, there's a fair chance that every possession it's either going to be PnR or Kobe iso.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    You can expect Kobe,Metta and Gasol to take a bunch of threes. I doubt they are good at making them.
    Kobe can hit an open three. For Metta and Gasol you can just pray it goes in. And Dwight couldn't hit one if you gave him 20 attempts.

Gasol won't be any worse than Channing Frye and Artest can knock them down, too. The odd man out here is Kobe. He is not a spot up shooter. His shot has a bigger chance of going in if he dribbles, turns, pumpfakes, steps back, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Dude just stick to Bledsoe homer threads, you have no idea what your talking about here. Knicks had a terrific offense with Billups, Melo & STAT. Once Billups was amnestied to make room for Chandler, the Knicks had no reliant PG to run the offense. Which just happens to be the foundation for D'Antoni's offensive system.
    That's true. But if he's such an offensive genius why did he stick to his point guard reliant offense when he knew he doesn't have a point guard ?
    Good coaches adjust to their personnel. Look at Popovich for example.
    That's why he's an all-time great and D'Antoni is just a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    maybe they fire him after 5 games too
    here

D'Antoni is not much of an upgrade over Brown in fact they seem like the inverse of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Gasol won't be any worse than Channing Frye and Artest can knock them down, too. The odd man out here is Kobe. He is not a spot up shooter. His shot has a bigger chance of going in if he dribbles, turns, pumpfakes, steps back, etc.
    Thats a good thing. The trouble with a Nash/Mike offense was the halfcourt game.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Frye is a very good/great 3-pt shooter. Surely much better shooter than Gasol.
    And MWP is a 28% 3-pt shooter. Last season he shot 30%. Yes he can knock them down but is he a consistent threat from downtown ? No.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    maybe they fire him after 5 games too
    They shouldn't have hired him in the first place. Just like hiring Mike Brown was a bad move.

Woah. I thought it was going to be Phil so this is shocking. But I like the pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    Thats a good thing. The trouble with a Nash/Mike offense was the halfcourt game.
    Possibly.
    I was just referring to 'run&gun + 3 point shooting 2005 Suns style'. Kobe is not a good fit. Gasol and Howard are great fits. Artest is fine, Nash is Nash (well, sorta).

Kobe has to bring something else to the table, not spot up shooting. He is not very good at it.

Banned

That's true. But if he's such an offensive genius why did he stick to his point guard reliant offense when he knew he doesn't have a point guard ?
    Good coaches adjust to their personnel. Look at Popovich for example.
    That's why he's an all-time great and D'Antoni is just a loser.
    Wasn't trying to defend D'Antoni in any way, was just stating. He is one of the most arrogant and ignorant coaches when it comes to adjustments. He, for example, will continue to live by the 3 ball even if he doesn't have great shooters and they aren't going in. Not the worst pickup for the Lakers but you can bet if things don't go his way he will continue pulling that clueless face and attempting to force a square peg into a round hole, so to speak.

Frye is a very good/great 3-pt shooter. Surely much better shooter than Gasol.
    Gasol is a good shooter. We don't have a big enough sample size to be able to tell if he is a good 3 point shooter, that's true. I think he can make them. I may be wrong, but I can't remember Frye having been a well-known shooter from the distance before playing for D'Antoni.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Wasn't trying to defend D'Antoni in any way, was just stating. He is one of the most arrogant and ignorant coaches when it comes to adjustments. He, for example, will continue to live by the 3 ball even if he doesn't have great shooters and they aren't going in. Not the worst pickup for the Lakers but you can bet if things don't go his way he will continue pulling that clueless face and attempting to force a square peg into a round hole, so to speak.
    I remember him shouting at Bill Walker because he passed up a three so he can drive inside and get a layup
    Also his post game comments after losses are "We didn't make shots."insert opponents team name" are a good team. They made their shots,we didn't. Nothing you can do about that"

I was so frustrated with D'Antoni that I was the happiest man on the planet when I heard he was fired.

Objective #1: 1 season to convince 3x DPOY Dwight Howard that LAL is the place for a player like him and his talent set to be........ Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni. OMGs fail. lol

Seriously though, I heard D'Antoni was actually saying he wants to put more emphasis on D and was going to look into having a top notch defensive assistant.

Look how things have tuned out for Mike D though. Them bums on the knicks (lol) went out of their way to get him fired. What happens? He goes from coaching a laughing stock franchise to less than a year later being hired by the LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! NYK is like an ugly ass hoodrat who thought she dumped him only to find out a few months later he's now banging the baddest supermodel on the planet.

Knicks are so hilariously and consistently FAIL!!!!!!

Would have much preferred the Zen or Sloan respectively. Can't really blame the FO if Phil was asking for 10 plus million, GM power over Jim and home games only. Will have to see what was actually requested by Phil tomorrow. Guess were going to be fun to watch durring the regular season with an early playoff exits. I would expect Nash will be worked harder than a Vietcong prostitute in 1960. What a bummer for Kobes last years. Obviously Mike will have to hire a defensive coach, im prepared to slit my wrists if it turns out to be Mike Brown. Probably means Pau is gone also. God help us in Laker land.... we hired the white Mike Brown...